Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

I actually have a headache from looking at all the ads that became posted in such quick succession. . Somehow I didn't even see the 178 Laptops someone mentioned, how is that even possible LOL :eyepoppin  hope my brain catches up soon.

And I am still not sure I understand the Christmas ad match policy so let me say what I THINK it means and if I'm wrong just someone say "you're wrong" and be kind to me. My mom passed away this Spring and I feel like I'm in a fog & just don't know how I'm gonna get thru the holidays this year :(

If I buy something at walmart today, tomorrow or anytime up until Thanksgiving I can get it Xmas AD MATCHED, meaning I have a physical ad and they will issue me a gift card, I thought it meant I could show them an ONLINE price from my smartphone too, but not sure...

and then on the PM for the Turkey Day & BF, I can only match within the correct Time period and WITH an ad, exact item, no gift card offers, right, but NOT ONLINE, right? 

and then I just have one more ? if I'm trying my best to PM within the time frame but in a very long line and the competitor's sale is over by the time I am up to the cust. service desk am I out of luck?

thanks

Edited by allshoppedout
  • Like 1

I actually have a headache from looking at all the ads that became posted in such quick succession. . Somehow I didn't even see the 178 Laptops someone mentioned, how is that even possible LOL :eyepoppin  hope my brain catches up soon.

And I am still not sure I understand the Christmas ad match policy so let me say what I THINK it means and if I'm wrong just someone say "you're wrong" and be kind to me. My mom passed away this Spring and I feel like I'm in a fog & just don't know how I'm gonna get thru the holidays this year :(

If I buy something at walmart today, tomorrow or anytime up until Thanksgiving I can get it Xmas AD MATCHED, meaning I have a physical ad and they will issue me a gift card, I thought it meant I could show them an ONLINE price from my smartphone too, but not sure...

and then on the PM for the Turkey Day & BF, I can only match within the correct Time period and WITH an ad, exact item, no gift card offers, right, but NOT ONLINE, right? 

and then I just have one more ? if I'm trying my best to PM within the time frame but in a very long line and the competitor's sale is over by the time I am up to the cust. service desk am I out of luck?

thanks

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

On the Ad match vs. Price Match, you've got the gist of it.  I'm not sure about the timeframe/standing in line for customer service part. Anytime I've price matched (not on BF) I've don't it at the register.

• Like 1

I don't believe the ticket had to be purchased right at that moment because I rang up a few but I do think they had to be rung up within an hour. They thing was last year ALL of the merchandise came online at the same time (at least at my store) so everyone already had their carts ready. They just needed to grab a ticket real quick and checkout.

What i was kinda wondering i guess is, lets say im in line to get a Ipad and they run out.So they start handing out tickets, well if sale starts at 6pm and now its 7:01 even though im in line to get the ticket but the employee hasnt reached me yet to hand me one.Am i outta luck or do i still get one because i was indeed in the line at 6pm and stayed in line the whole time.

• Like 1

Wow really...Opening at 6pm but having some items go on sale at 8pm.   I have no idea what time to get there  I want that 60" Vizio Smart TV.  WIsh it was not smart but its a 60"

Wish we had a Target here in PA where I live because I would love to have gotten the Ipad for the raffle for the kids swim team, but we want the TV/

Last year the same Vizio 60" TV was offered at 10pm in store on Thanksgiving during their BF sale for the same price.  I was contemplating on standing in line for it for most of the early morning on Thanksgiving.  Then I logged onto Walmart's website around 11:00 am on Thanksgiving and it popped up with the BF sale price.  And yes it was the same model being offered on line.  I hope this helps anyone out there to try Walmarts website for something like this.  As a matter of fact, the sale ad last year said it was in store only, but yet they offered online as well.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

On the Ad match vs. Price Match, you've got the gist of it.  I'm not sure about the timeframe/standing in line for customer service part. Anytime I've price matched (not on BF) I've don't it at the register.

you have understood it right, at Walmart you do not have to PM at the CS desk, any cashier can do it at the register when you check out with your other items

• Like 2

What i was kinda wondering i guess is, lets say im in line to get a Ipad and they run out.So they start handing out tickets, well if sale starts at 6pm and now its 7:01 even though im in line to get the ticket but the employee hasnt reached me yet to hand me one.Am i outta luck or do i still get one because i was indeed in the line at 6pm and stayed in line the whole time.

According to Walmart.com they will hand out tickets for 1 hour. They said the amount of time you have to pay is dependent on each individual store. Also only 1 card per item per person. I need 2 different things from the 6 and 1 from the 8 hope I can get them.

I got the 65" vizio last year from sams and 60" from Walmart we LOVE them both I was thinking of getting the 70" this year but my husband would kill me.

thanks

You have a really good recap of our price matching thread! Walmart does not honor ANY online match, even their own online component. Bring an ORIGINAL, authentic ad from the newspaper with you.

I am going to assume that you are talking about items which would have an hour guarantee. There are a couple of things that you can do. First, there should be a person or persons running the line. If the line is properly managed, it should not take long to pass out tickets. If the line is backed up, politely tell them you are there for a ticket and note the time and even take a picture of the employee so that they remember you, "Say cheese!" This has worked remarkably well when trying to get a ticket during hectic times. Above all, before the sale starts, get with your manager over the store that actually knows the procedure and they will probably tell you that the line will be blocked off after a certain time. In other words, you are good to go if you are in line BEFORE the hour is up. Good luck, and great question BTW.

• Like 1

OK My Daughter just said she wants to get the Ipad Mini for herself.  How would I find out if it is the newest mini with the Retina Display.  It just special order gives no information.  A friend said to make sure it is the latest.  Help I know nothing about Ipads...

• Like 1

Its 2012 model I believe. I was going to get one but with such little memory I decided to go for the Surface at BB.

My Daughter already has a 10" tablet.  She hardly uses it anymore,she uses her iphone 5 alot more.  She was thinking the ipad would be the same operating system as her phone so she could share her stuff.  Do you have any idea what the surface retail price was etc.  Thanks

OK My Daughter just said she wants to get the Ipad Mini for herself.  How would I find out if it is the newest mini with the Retina Display.  It just special order gives no information.  A friend said to make sure it is the latest.  Help I know nothing about Ipads...

Its nt the newest one.If you look on their website under the BF ad it takes you to a link for the older one.

Its nt the newest one.If you look on their website under the BF ad it takes you to a link for the older one.

IT is $349 on their website now.  So $199 is good.  Have to talk to the kids to see if they are interested.  THey both already have tablets but I think the surface may be easier to do homework on the bus then just print to a wireless printer when they come home.  Swim season starts tomorrow so they don't get home before 6pm and when there are meets sometimes 10pm is when they are getting home

IT is $349 on their website now.  So $199 is good.  Have to talk to the kids to see if they are interested.  THey both already have tablets but I think the surface may be easier to do homework on the bus then just print to a wireless printer when they come home.  Swim season starts tomorrow so they don't get home before 6pm and when there are meets sometimes 10pm is when they are getting home

My kids do their homework on their Surfaces, works very well.

Staples is going to have the Surface with keyboard for $249, the keyboards are normally $100+, so that's a good deal.

It's easier to type long things, like papers, with the keyboard.

I want two of those 178 laptops and the trampoline! Guess I better get the CC ready to shop!

Those trampolines are tough!   They were not a ticket item.  I was the first one there by hours and almost didn't get one because I couldn't lift it into my buggy!  A few guys around that after they got their's loaded, they did help me.  Would make it so much easier if they made it a ticket item!  Good luck!!  We love our trampoline though.  That one looks cute with the little target thing it has in it.

Regarding trampolines, as much fun as they are, be aware that your homeowner's insurance company will probably need to be notified of it or they might not cover injuries resulting from its use (it's a common exclusion - check your policy).  It depends on your insurance company.  And they might charge a little extra for it once they know about it.  But if you have a litigious neighbor with kids, and who doesn't nowadays, it could be a major difference maker should something bad happen.

This is So true! We got DS one a few years ago for his birthday. I got to thinking about it and called and our homeowners insurance would have DOUBLED!!! To say the least he didn't play on it that much so we sold it! No way am I paying that much for a trampoline. We pay less for our our inground pool with a diving board! Definitely call around and check.

My kids do their homework on their Surfaces, works very well.

Staples is going to have the Surface with keyboard for $249, the keyboards are normally $100+, so that's a good deal.

It's easier to type long things, like papers, with the keyboard.

Is that the same model that BB will have just with a keyboard

I didn't notify my insurance, I figured it was up to them to find out about it. THey came for review nad didn't care about our pool, but said put a fence around trampoline. I am 10 miles from town and no kids within several miles. Only 6 houses on our road. I told them a flat out no. They finally ggave in , but I discovered our new company Country Companies, could care less about pool or tampoline. In fact, I put insurance on teh pool in case anything jhappens to it. Allied said no way and a few others I called said no way. 

I know my new home insurance company had a lot of specifics when they did a home check. Our pool at to have a fence with a locked gate  PLUS  a locked gate infront of pool.   Thankfully we have this.  Also no trampolines at all.   My daughter was disappointed.

Edited by elena_398

Oh i agree.Ill be there trying to score one.lol or actually 2.

I got the trampoline 2 yrs ago and it was a booger to check out with, but I did it. I also didn't notify my homeowners, cause I had no idea it would make a difference. I did shop around on some homeowners insurance and they asked specifically about dogs/pools/trampolines. I said yes about the tramp and they said that it would be an extra $250 per year, I said no thanks and kept my State Farm. (the other company that said $250 more was Country Financial)

Oh i agree.Ill be there trying to score one.lol or actually 2.

If you want 2...better have a friend with ya to get another ticket for 1. Most stores allow 1 per customer. Last year our store managers were taking TVs out of peoples carts and at the check out if there wasnt a person per item....

If you want 2...better have a friend with ya to get another ticket for 1. Most stores allow 1 per customer. Last year our store managers were taking TVs out of peoples carts and at the check out if there wasnt a person per item....

She was referencing the Surface in the Best Buy ad.  It isn't a doorbuster or ticketed item, so she should be good to get a couple.  :)