2012 BF ad disguised as 2013

krispier

A friend of mine texted me tonight and told me the Walmart 2013 Black Friday ad was out.  She posted a link to it on Facebook too.  I had a look at it and it does say 2013, but the dates are wrong.  The ad says Thursday, November 22.  Thanksgiving is on the 28th this year.  I pointed this out to her but she still insists it's this year's ad.  So I zoomed in on the fine print and sure enough...it's last year's ad.  I searched around on the internet and as far as I can tell, the ad hasn't been released yet.  I'm sure it's coming very soon though.  Just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up and not to get too excited if they see it on Facebook!

• Like 1

Yeah we've been sent the 2012 ad many times for both Walmart and Best Buy. Most if not all of the confusion is caused by another lower-tier BF site which has the old ads posted as the 2013 versions to trick people searching for the ads on search engines to go to their site. Very shady.
  • Like 4

Yeah we've been sent the 2012 ad many times for both Walmart and Best Buy. Most if not all of the confusion is caused by another lower-tier BF site which has the old ads posted as the 2013 versions to trick people searching for the ads on search engines to go to their site. Very shady.

We get a lot of cub reporters who think that those "other" sites have accurate information, lol.