What are the Hot Toys for Black Friday / Christmas 2013?

fabnsab

Rubber band bracelet kits (several brands) and "fashion" duct tape big with the 9 to 12 yr old girls. Disney Infinity popular, but buggy. Skylanders has a new game coming out (with a whole new crop of figures). Old figures should work in new game, but new ones won't in the old game.Print jeans also big with the pre-teens (think leopard, chetah & zebra). Nerf bows popular with both.

Thinking about getting those for my girls.

My girls are busy making bracelets and selling them to their class at school . :lmao:

• Like 1

I know I'm late to the show, but the second I saw that Elmo I knew it was going to be a hot toy.  Something about Elmo sells during the holidays.  I think its because for the most part kids don't hate Elmo, they just outgrow it. While I've been browsing for my nieces, I have noticed a ton of Monster High stuff for sale.  I can't tell any specific item, but in general I think they will be hot this year. 

Rubber band bracelet kits (several brands) and "fashion" duct tape big with the 9 to 12 yr old girls. Disney Infinity popular, but buggy. Skylanders has a new game coming out (with a whole new crop of figures). Old figures should work in new game, but new ones won't in the old game.Print jeans also big with the pre-teens (think leopard, chetah & zebra). Nerf bows popular with both.

My girls are busy making bracelets and selling them to their class at school . :lmao:

That's so funny that you say that, because my daughter is also selling them at her school. She got her Rainbow Loom last Thursday or Friday and has sold them every single day of school.

That's so funny that you say that, because my daughter is also selling them at her school. She got her Rainbow Loom last Thursday or Friday and has sold them every single day of school.

Don't count the boys out on the Rainbow Loom.  My boys are making bracelets in school colors and all the boys are wearing them too.  They have some cool boy colors.  They are trying to figure out how much they can make if they start selling them.

Anyone else's kid super into the Octonauts?  My DS4 has been getting the little sets here and there when we go to Target, but he's been talking nonstop about the big Octonauts undersea playset thing for weeks now.  They play the commercial all the time, so even when he stops talking about it he gets reminded and then it starts all over again.

I've been holding out for a good deal on it and stalking it in the store, but I was up at Target yesterday and they were all sold out, which surprised me since they always have a bunch.  Made me think maybe this is a popular toy. ( I just ordered one on the Target website a few minutes ago, so now I'm covered.  It's a few bucks cheaper, but they have a sale going on today where toys are buy 1 get 1 30% off and a $10 GC with a $75 purchase, which they apply at checkout, plus my 5% and free shipping with RedCard. So I grabbed Octonauts, Doggy Doo (another must-have for DS4), and Mario and Luigi Dream Team 3DS game for DS9.) 

Just wanted to see if anyone else is into the Octonauts? The toys really are adorable.  He plays with them both in and out of the tub.

I have already purchased 2 Rainbow looms for my 2 daughters (they are 8 and 10). They are both competitive cheerleaders, and I snag up as much "Purple, black and white" bands that I can so they can make teammates bracelets. It hasn't really hit our area yet, but I bet by Christmas, it will.  I'm getting in now before they get hard to find.

My 8 year old LOVES Lalaloopsys.  My 10 year old is getting harder and harder to buy for.  I'm thinking they'll each get a TV for their rooms (to replace the big old-school tv that's in one of their rooms right now), and a Ruku or something?!?  IDK.  Honestly, each year it gets harder and harder.  My 10 year old would probably love iTunes gift cards and a laptop?!? really, I have no ideas!

BamBam came home talking about Gooie Looie (a game where you pick boogers), but he's a 6 yr boy whose idea of funny is fart jokes....

My daughter is all gung-ho about something called Scribblenauts. I have Rainbow loom bracelets down for a stocking stuffer. She came home with 3 of them from her friends already.

One thing to know about the bracelet looms is that with most of the sets you actually need two looms to make the necklaces. You can pretty much only do bracelets and rings with one.

You don't really need the loom to make stuff.  My kids got some rubber band packs at Five Below (3 packs for $5) and loop them over pencils to make the fishtail bracelets.  Before they learned how to make the fishtail ones they just strung them together one at a time.  They haven't asked for a loom, yet.

Does anyone know if you can use a 40% off coupon on the Rainbow Looms at JoAnn's?  Michael's had a "no coupons on this item" sign, even though they were full price.

You don't really need the loom to make stuff.  My kids got some rubber band packs at Five Below (3 packs for $5) and loop them over pencils to make the fishtail bracelets.  Before they learned how to make the fishtail ones they just strung them together one at a time.  They haven't asked for a loom, yet.

Does anyone know if you can use a 40% off coupon on the Rainbow Looms at JoAnn's?  Michael's had a "no coupons on this item" sign, even though they were full price.

I think that's going to be YMMV. I had one cashier (at a store I rarely shop) tell me the coupons were for notions only but have never had issues at another store buying whatever we wanted including melting chocolate, however the explanation posted earlier would kind of void that ?

Joann's never excludes items as long as they are regular price. I shop there frequently and even take 2 or 3 flyers along withe the one I get in teh mail and buy tons of stuff. I have 50 and 60% off coupons, plus a vip card which gives 10% more off unless they have a 25% off total purchase coupon. You can use that one on top of the individual ones. 

Edited by peppysfireball

My daughter made the necklaces using just one loom. She just connected the bracelets

mine just aren't that co-ordinated...they kept coming apart... :trampolin

Apparently the Nerf Rebelle series (nerf for girls) is hot...a lot of places sold out or picked over already...especially the bows...I'm guessing because of Hunger Games?  Don't know, but when ahead and got while I could since its one TOY that the Princesses asked for (instead of adult quality electronics that they think they NEED)

Took DD and my nephew to TRU today. She got to make a bracelet out of these little rubber bands. It is called Shimmer and Sparkle crazy Loom ( I think). She really liked it and when we went to the park 2 girls asked if she had made it with the Loom. I have a feeling its going to be popular but not for long.  We also really liked the new NERF guns for girls. 

My 12/13 year old daughter is also into these colorful bands and has asked for some for her birthday (11/14) or Christmas and I think they are an in fad for young girls right now.  The original brand for these is Rainbow Loom by Chroon's Design LLC but there are copycats.  Available at Michaels and I put one of these on the e-bay contest thread.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/mcwalker59/RainbowLoom.jpg

• Like 1

ok quick question has anyone bought the Brave bow and arrow set ? my dd4 wants it this year and it looks like its pretty flimsy and can bend easily ... didnt know if there was another bow and arrow set that might be better looked at the nerf rebelle stuff but looks too big for her just yet . the only places that have the Brave set are target and tru as well.

ok quick question has anyone bought the Brave bow and arrow set ? my dd4 wants it this year and it looks like its pretty flimsy and can bend easily ... didnt know if there was another bow and arrow set that might be better looked at the nerf rebelle stuff but looks too big for her just yet . the only places that have the Brave set are target and tru as well.

The arrows break pretty easily on the Brave set.

I have no experience with this set, but it has good reviews http://www.amazon.com/Zing-AH270-Air-Huntress/dp/B00AA0MXAU/ref=sr_1_4?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1382627356&sr=1-4&keywords=bow+and+arrow+girl

The arrows break pretty easily on the Brave set.

I have no experience with this set, but it has good reviews http://www.amazon.com/Zing-AH270-Air-Huntress/dp/B00AA0MXAU/ref=sr_1_4?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1382627356&sr=1-4&keywords=bow+and+arrow+girl

thanks for this! after seeing someone else say that they read reviews on the brave bow as well. this one sounds so much better.  

My daughter got the Brave bow with the suction cups last Christmas. She was 5. We have a glass back door and she had a ball shooting the arrows at it, but they didn't last long at all. I think it came with 4 arrows. One was broken within the week, the next one a few weeks later, and by the summer, there was only one left. She still likes playing it, but with only one arrow she gets bored retrieving it each time. She keeps asking for a better one. My 10 year old daughter got a real junior bow last Christmas, but I'm not ready for my now 6 year old to be using that one. I'm hoping to find a different suction cup one so she can keep using the back door as the target :)