What are the Hot Toys for Black Friday / Christmas 2013?

fabnsab

My son is desperate to get the new interchangeable skylanders set, but he is really into the current skylanders sets, so it may just be him. My husband looked at the Infinity set and said it's not getting great reviews. If that changes between now and November, I'm sure we'll add it to our list. They don't have a ton of games and tend to get engrossed in one at a time. 

Definitely the Xbox one and ps4. A word of warning on Disney infinity. I bought this for Ds and he played it all of 5 minutes before he declared that it was not like Skylanders. It only offers small storylines for each character. On 2 player mode it splits your screen which is also very annoying.

DD 9 wants Monster High.  The new ones are always especially hard to find at first so I have been picking them up to stash away as I find them.  The newest one is being released tomorrow.  DD4 wants My Little Pony Equestria Girls Dolls and Princess Sophia toys.  They both like Lego Friends. Glitzy Globes, and the Rubberband Bracelet making looms.   I also heard that the Ever After High dolls may be popular.

hello all im back for all the action! :D

anyways....

hot toys for age group 2-5 

Disney junior items are a must now a days

sofia the first, doc mcstuffins, jake neverland pirate and mickey mouse clubhouse

those toys are all wins for that age group

im also certain the 2 new game systems are gonna be great and must have wist-list

ps4 and xbox one 

grand theft auto 5 is good for the older teens who are old enough for play that.

I believe that the desktop has more value for kids than ever. Most can be upgraded to play newer games and we are seeing digital distribution of PC games as the vehicle which finally made games affordable. A wise parent can purchase a Black Friday quad core computer, video card, and then shop for indie bundles for great game titles, some for as little as a $1. If you look around, you will see sites such as Humble Bundle, Indiegala, Bundle Stars and Groupees sell 5 to 10 games at a time for a very low fee ranging from $1 to $5 on average. Which console will give you that kind of value?

Watch for the Wal-Mart BF Ad. The past 2 years they have sold large boxes of basic bricks at a great price. They are all standard bricks & slopes, so the "detail" for things like cars can be lacking. But a great way to build the fundamental inventory.

I don't think the consoles are going to 'fly-off the shelves' like they did in the past. Lots of pre-orders for these, so those people will get theirs and there will probably be more to go around. Wii U is a good example, but then again, Wii U only upgraded to PS3 and 360 status :D.

I was reading an article and a Sony executive said that of you pre-ordered a PS4 before August 4th then you should get on day one. He warned retailers not to make promises beyond that. I also read there are about 600000 pre-orders for PS 4 and 350000 for Xbox One as of the middle of August. Probably more now. Should be interesting how it plays out.

I was reading an article and a Sony executive said that of you pre-ordered a PS4 before August 4th then you should get on day one. He warned retailers not to make promises beyond that. I also read there are about 600000 pre-orders for PS 4 and 350000 for Xbox One as of the middle of August. Probably more now. Should be interesting how it plays out.

I pre-ordered August 20th and received an email stating that depending on where you were in line of ordering times of shipping would be different. The email also said mine should be delivered by Nov. 19th, however, I have since received another email(2 days ago actually) saying my delivery estimate has been updated to release day delivery.

Oh lord,DD (who just turned 9 five days ago) wants a FURBY.

I've hated those things since they were first popular in the 90's

but since she didn't get one for her birthday,this is #1 on her Christmas list!

Will be looking for one for less than $50....ugh!

Hansie - don't know if your daughter is wanting any one in particular but I noticed that ToysRUs had a couple of the "first" wave Furbys for 19.99 on line.

I also read that you can't play two players on story mode for Disney Infinity for The Wii! You can for every other system, including WiiU. It's strange, you figure the Wii is geared more for younger kids, you'd think they'd make that available! :smh:  

I have to agree with Rainbow Loom Bracelets and unfortunately, one of the most anoying toys on the planet.....Furby! I'm checking out WalMart's list now.

Amazon has the Rainbow Loom right now for 17.95. It's from a seller on Amazon. While, my dd has not asked for this yet, I did go ahead and purchase because I'm sure she'll like it.

Also my Walmart had ton's of the Furby Booms yesterday. So glad dd has no interest whatsoever in those.

Definitely the Xbox one and ps4. A word of warning on Disney infinity. I bought this for Ds and he played it all of 5 minutes before he declared that it was not like Skylanders. It only offers small storylines for each character. On 2 player mode it splits your screen which is also very annoying.

I am so glad that you posted this... I am on the fence and it is a one day sale today at Best Buy and I was going to get it.  We have Skylanders for my dd who is 10 so I thinking that this may be too immature for her. You helped me decide to wait and spend the money in another area !

Amazon has the Rainbow Loom right now for 17.95. It's from a seller on Amazon. While, my dd has not asked for this yet, I did go ahead and purchase because I'm sure she'll like it.

Also my Walmart had ton's of the Furby Booms yesterday. So glad dd has no interest whatsoever in those.

DD has had hers hidden in the closet since last March!  She saw the Booms and I just looked at her and said " no off button".... that cured her!

I am so glad that you posted this... I am on the fence and it is a one day sale today at Best Buy and I was going to get it. We have Skylanders for my dd who is 10 so I thinking that this may be too immature for her. You helped me decide to wait and spend the money in another area !

So glad my post was helpful. I sure wish I had read reviews before I bought it..... It doesn't have much of a storyline to it at all. My DS likes Role playing games (RPGS), and this is definitely not one. It also annoyed him the way the screen splits when you play 2 player. We have a 55" flat screen in our game room, so I would hate to see the split screen on a smaller tv.

Edited by Kim3498

Anyone heard anything of the "ZOOMER THE ROBOTIC DOG"?  I got the last one at our local TRU, but the rest are sold out within a 100 mile radius of me.  I hadn't heard of it before, but DD5 wants it for her birthday next week.  

Just wondering if it's old and just not popular enough for stores to carry, or if it's newer and really hard to find?  Saw it for 100 on amazon, got it for 79 at TRU. 

Anyone heard anything of the "ZOOMER THE ROBOTIC DOG"?  I got the last one at our local TRU, but the rest are sold out within a 100 mile radius of me.  I hadn't heard of it before, but DD5 wants it for her birthday next week.  

Just wondering if it's old and just not popular enough for stores to carry, or if it's newer and really hard to find?  Saw it for 100 on amazon, got it for 79 at TRU. 

I just looked it up and it looks like it's brand new. I guess it was introduced at this years toy fair and is now hitting stores. I watched a little video on youtube. Looks neat.

Walmart has them for $79.00 also.

Never heard of this but my local Walmart has it for store pickup by 9/27 for $79.97 have you tried them?

The purple "female" Zoomer is TRU exclusive.  It's hard to find.  I did see dalmations at Target and Walmart tonight... both 99.00.  

The cool thing, I found a Purple today when I went to pick up the other one.  So, swapped them out, and got the purple.  Then, got the Doc McStuffin Check up center, too.  They let us use the 20% off on both, even though they were both "hot prices" already.  So, got them both for 138.  Ver happy. 

Can someone explain the new Skylanders Swap Force game to me? It reads to me like you have to buy a new portal for it? This ticks me off as we already have portals for the Wii and Xbox and now we have to get a new one?

GameStop rep told me it is because the figures have different electronics in them, so they would not work with the old portals. It is annoying. Maybe the starter sets will be on sale on Black Friday like last year.

Edited by Kim3498

The purple "female" Zoomer is TRU exclusive.  It's hard to find.  I did see dalmations at Target and Walmart tonight... both 99.00.  

The cool thing, I found a Purple today when I went to pick up the other one.  So, swapped them out, and got the purple.  Then, got the Doc McStuffin Check up center, too.  They let us use the 20% off on both, even though they were both "hot prices" already.  So, got them both for 138.  Ver happy. 

Just sent the Doc McStuffins Check Up Center to my wife. Thinking we will be picking this up for our daughter she loves her and we planned on getting her some doc stuff. Target has it on sale so might pick it up this week.

Just sent the Doc McStuffins Check Up Center to my wife. Thinking we will be picking this up for our daughter she loves her and we planned on getting her some doc stuff. Target has it on sale so might pick it up this week.

TRU has a deluxe version for about $80; it includes extra pieces and a lab coat I believe.