Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

What are the Hot Toys for Black Friday / Christmas 2013?

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 fabnsab  OFFLINE  

fabnsab

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 31, 2013 - 2:14 pm

Someone makes this thread every year and it always helps me immensely since I'm out of touch with the latest and greatest. And this thread always gives me a heads up.

There isn't one yet so I thought I'd start. Mind you, I have nothing to add since all my 4 yr old wants is barbies so far.

TIA for posting what to look out for!

#2 starbeck96  OFFLINE  

starbeck96

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Aug 31, 2013 - 3:02 pm

From what I've read on this board so far, I think that it is safe to say that the Disney infinity is going to be popular.  I may have to get one for my daughter..:)

#3 fabnsab  OFFLINE  

fabnsab

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 31, 2013 - 4:16 pm

I don't even know what that is. Is it like skylanders? Btw, I barely even get those!

#4 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,995 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Aug 31, 2013 - 4:30 pm

Don't know how popular it will be but I saw a Big Hugs Elmo tonight that I thought was super cute. I am going to ask DDIL if she thinks one of the grandbabies would like it.

Edited by Elmck, Aug 31, 2013 - 4:34 pm.

#5 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,857 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 31, 2013 - 11:00 pm

Don't know how popular it will be but I saw a Big Hugs Elmo tonight that I thought was super cute. I am going to ask DDIL if she thinks one of the grandbabies would like it.

This surprised me given Kevin Clash's problems.  I figured Elmo would disappear.  Looks like they replaced him and things are...uh...A-OK. 

#6 momof3luvs1  OFFLINE  

momof3luvs1

• 1,101 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 1, 2013 - 8:38 am

I think Disney Infinty will be huge so thats why I got it already, kid's tablets as well. As far as for the younger ones I think princess Sofia items will be going fast, they are already hard to find. Anything new Monster high will be hot as well. 

BF ADDICT AND PROUD OF IT :D

#7 angelbabymommy  OFFLINE  

angelbabymommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 1, 2013 - 2:57 pm

Monster High 13 Wishes movie dolls, Big Hugs Elmo, Madden NFL 25, Sonic & Mario Olympic Games, new Legos, Sofia the First, LeapPad Ultra, Disney Infinity...
"Oooh fuuudge! Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the 'F-dash-dash-dash' word! ---Ralphie

#8 shopping4my3son  OFFLINE  

shopping4my3son

• 3,354 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 1, 2013 - 3:19 pm

This whole Disney Infinity thing has me confused. lol From what I'm reading each platform plays a little different. I'm interested in the 3DS versions. I'd like for my kids to be able to share this game. They have a face book page and there seems to be lots of glitches in the games yet. I know TRU has some of the stuff on sale now and a big event planned for 9/7 but I think I'm going to hold off. If there's something wrong with what I purchase I wouldn't know for 4 months and wouldn't be able to return anything then. Plus maybe they'll have the glitches worked out and I'll have time to figure this out. :sidesplit  I'm sure this will be on sale again or at least a good deal will come up on Amazon.

:cheese:

#9 djcfunk  OFFLINE  

djcfunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 1, 2013 - 3:48 pm

From what I've seen, the 3DS version of Disney Infinity is extremely different from its console brethren...and not in a good way.  There's not enough reviews on metacritic to form a solid opinion, but I would tread lightly.

We are absolutely interested in a console version of Infinity though.

#10 starbeck96  OFFLINE  

starbeck96

• 1,016 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 1, 2013 - 5:28 pm

Yes, from what I understand Disney Infinity is similar to the SKylanders (which we do not have).  We don't even own a current system of any kind..lol.  My boys have a PS2 that they've had for like 8 years..lol.  My daughter has a DS lite.

I am hoping for some good deals on a PS3 and Xbox 360 (with Kinect) since the new versions are out.  My daughter is also wanting a 3DS but I am not sure yet.  It will depend on what kind of deals I can find on them.

My daughter's birthday is in October and I wish I could get her an Xbox 360 or 3DS for her birthday, but we don't usually spend more than 150.00, usually 100.00.  So, I doubt that I will get a good enough deal on either one of those.  She is also wanting a bike so I guess we will get her the bike for her birthday and then wait for BF to see what is on sale. :)

#11 angelbabymommy  OFFLINE  

angelbabymommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 1, 2013 - 6:28 pm

Ok. I have a dumb question about Disney Infinity 😳...if I put one on layaway in Sept while they're still glitches to be worked out and let's say the glitches are worked out by November...when I pick up my layaway will the one I have be "glitch-free" or will I need to swap?? 😕 ...again, sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not very technical, but I think this is something my girls will like. Thanks in advance!! 😊
"Oooh fuuudge! Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the 'F-dash-dash-dash' word! ---Ralphie

#12 chrisjuvers  OFFLINE  

chrisjuvers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 2, 2013 - 12:18 pm

Ok. I have a dumb question about Disney Infinity ...if I put one on layaway in Sept while they're still glitches to be worked out and let's say the glitches are worked out by November...when I pick up my layaway will the one I have be "glitch-free" or will I need to swap?? ...again, sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not very technical, but I think this is something my girls will like. Thanks in advance!!

The system you put in is the same one you will get. Your item will physically be placed in a box when you put it in layaway and you will get the same one when you take it out of the box

#13 berry1014  OFFLINE  

berry1014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 3, 2013 - 7:44 am

From what I've read on this board so far, I think that it is safe to say that the Disney infinity is going to be popular.  I may have to get one for my daughter.. :)

I have to agree. Our kids want one and I may go put one one layaway soon.

#14 shopping4my3son  OFFLINE  

shopping4my3son

• 3,354 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 3, 2013 - 8:04 am

On Saturday TRU will have the starter pack Disney Infinity for $20 off with coupon.

http://disneyinfinitytalk.com/?p=47

Edited by shopping4my3son, Sep 3, 2013 - 8:05 am.

:cheese:

#15 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 3,246 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 3, 2013 - 10:56 am

I think some of the big things are going to be the two new consoles coming out. Thats probably going to be on a LOT of kids lists.

#16 lucyismycat  OFFLINE  

lucyismycat

Hockey Mama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 3, 2013 - 12:20 pm

I have one Big Hugs Elmo for DS2, thinking about getting one for the 3yo. It IS very cute, and I don't even really like Elmo to begin with! 

#17 lovebears65  OFFLINE  

lovebears65

• 1,170 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 3, 2013 - 2:08 pm

I know these not really toys but I think the xbox 1 and PS4 are going to be big. I already preordered the PS4

Lovebears65 aka Cathie Shopping black Fri addiction .. :D is my problem :eyepoppin

#18 berry1014  OFFLINE  

berry1014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 4, 2013 - 7:57 am

We are thinking about getting Disney Infinity for our kids as group gift but not sure which console to get it for as we have both the xbox and the wii.

#19 pogiporkchop  OFFLINE  

pogiporkchop

• 1,607 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 4, 2013 - 1:11 pm

DD has taken a sudden interest in Legos. With one itty bitty container she has managed to make three different robots. Now she wants more. DS has been asking for board games, specifically Life. I can't begin to guess what will be hot right now, but they are both into the Vanguard trading card game and I have only been able to find the cards at one store.

#20 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,995 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 4, 2013 - 6:02 pm

DD has taken a sudden interest in Legos. With one itty bitty container she has managed to make three different robots. Now she wants more. DS has been asking for board games, specifically Life. I can't begin to guess what will be hot right now, but they are both into the Vanguard trading card game and I have only been able to find the cards at one store.

Has your DD seen the Lego Friends sets? My DD is 10 she got a few sets last year and is asking for more.

#21 pogiporkchop  OFFLINE  

pogiporkchop

• 1,607 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 4, 2013 - 9:02 pm

My DD is 10 also. She just wants basic Legos so she can come up with whatever is in that head of hers - robots, cars, tools... I will take a closer look at your suggestion. Thanks :)

#22 goshe7  OFFLINE  

goshe7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 5, 2013 - 7:39 pm

My DD is 10 also. She just wants basic Legos so she can come up with whatever is in that head of hers - robots, cars, tools... I will take a closer look at your suggestion. Thanks :)

Watch for the Wal-Mart BF Ad.  The past 2 years they have sold large boxes of basic bricks at a great price.  They are all standard bricks & slopes, so the "detail" for things like cars can be lacking.  But a great way to build the fundamental inventory.

#23 Scott  OFFLINE  

Scott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,971 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 6, 2013 - 6:42 am

Nobody thinks the PS4 or Xbox One?

Or are those not considered "toys"?

Both are expected to be released at the end of November.

#24 queenkishaa  OFFLINE  

queenkishaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 6, 2013 - 11:22 am

I preordered the XBOX one. I think theses two systems will be very hot.

#25 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 3,246 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 6, 2013 - 12:11 pm

Nobody thinks the PS4 or Xbox One?

Or are those not considered "toys"?

Both are expected to be released at the end of November.

I actually said both the new consoles above. I think they are going to be VERY hard to find until after the first of the year though.

#26 abentley  OFFLINE  

abentley

• 1,910 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 6, 2013 - 1:40 pm

I preorderd ps4 and and considering the xbox one. 2 teen boys make my list a little boring!

#27 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,857 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 6, 2013 - 4:31 pm

I think some of the big things are going to be the two new consoles coming out. Thats probably going to be on a LOT of kids lists.

We have a WII, a PS3, and an Xbox360.  Neither of my kids is clamoring for a new console.  In fact, both are asking for desktop computers.  

#28 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• 1,966 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 6, 2013 - 6:47 pm

I don't think the consoles are going to 'fly-off the shelves' like they did in the past. Lots of pre-orders for these, so those people will get theirs and there will probably be more to go around. Wii U is a good example, but then again, Wii U only upgraded to PS3 and 360 status :D.

Edited by bpr, Sep 6, 2013 - 6:47 pm.

~Don't get cancelled!
~Quickly Robin!! To the Batmobile... for savings! :usaribbon:usflag:

'It's not a lie, if you believe it':tongue1:

#29 tsjbenny  OFFLINE  

tsjbenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 7, 2013 - 4:02 am

My 13 year old daughter wants a desktop also.  I don't know why when she has a laptop, ipod, and ipad.

Probably will get the desktop and a really nice printer for her.

#30 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,995 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 7, 2013 - 5:47 pm

Took DD and my nephew to TRU today. She got to make a bracelet out of these little rubber bands. It is called Shimmer and Sparkle crazy Loom ( I think). She really liked it and when we went to the park 2 girls asked if she had made it with the Loom. I have a feeling its going to be popular but not for long.  We also really liked the new NERF guns for girls. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users