Sam's Club Pre-Black Friday Holiday VIP Preview

Brad

My local store said there is a prorated amount to become a plus member... It will definately be worth it. I am looking at the Pioneer sound system...

Yes, the closer you are to renewing your membership, the cheaper it will be. I went plus once and the benefits weren't worth it to me so I dropped back down at my next renewal. It only cost me like $10 and I believe they gave me a gift card so it was really free.

Do you just have to be a Sam's club member to get the deals? Not the premium membership?

I was told you had to be a Plus Member, not just a Sam's member.  I was told a few regular sam's members may receive an invitation, but definitely not all.  You will have to have the invite for this sale or be the plus member.

My daughter got the invitation and she is a regular member.  So, there is not such thing that YOU HAVE TO BE A PLUS MEMBER to receive an invitation.

I think is more based on what ObiRich posted on his response from Sam's Club on who receive the invitation:

"Targeted marketing takes into account the length of Membership, type of Membership, shopping habits, renewal date and many other factors"

I received the VIP invite as well, but I'm not a Plus Member.  I have been a Sam's Club member since 1991 so I don't know that that has anything to do with it, plus I have Sam's Credit.

Anyway, looks to be a pretty good event with some decent deals.

I received a invite email as well, though I am currently just a "regular" member. I phoned my local store, since there were a couple of items I was interested in - was told if I didn't have a current "plus" membership I couldn't attend. Oh well...

if you got an invite and took it with you they cant refuse you. I would have the corporate phone number with you if they try something start dialing

• Like 1

if you got an invite and took it with you they cant refuse you. I would have the corporate phone number with you if they try something start dialing

I may try that... I did ask why I received an invitation email if I wouldn't be allowed to attend... The customer service rep said something along the lines that "she knew there were a lot of emails going out in error, but they would be checking cards and could refuse admission." She followed that comment by saying " I would hate for you to waste your time coming out here..." I told her she was more than considerate, and hung up. :)

Just purchased a membership via the groupon deal but haven't activated it yet. Can any of you confirm what credit cards they accept? Was considering upgrading to get one of the TV deals, but it all depends on what card I can use.

They take the usual. Visa, MC, Discover, AmEx and their own sams club credit. I think there is a Walmart/Sams Credit card too.

as credit card they only take Discover or the walmart/sam's club credit card.

if the visa/mastercard is a debit card they will take that but they dont accept them as credit.

We just bought a mattress set from them using our visa card... If you go to their payment page it does offer the major credit cards as options to pay.

We just bought a mattress set from them using our visa card... If you go to their payment page it does offer the major credit cards as options to pay.

website is different than in store.

discover has an exclusive rights with them since they provide the credit on their cards.

Maybe we used my husbands debit card in store but I swear I've used mine in there and it wasn't debit. Here is what they accept...

Payment methods accepted in Sam's Club Payment methods accepted at SamsClub.com

****In Store Payments Accepted *****

• Walmart and Sam's Club shopping Cards
  • Sam's Club Credit
  • Cash or Check
  • Debit Card
  • MasterCard
  • Discover
  • SNAP
  • Walmart Credit
  • ******Online Payments Accepted ******
  • Visa
  • MasterCard
  • American Express*
  • Check
  • Walmart and Sam's Club shopping Cards
  • Debit Card
  • Sam's Club Credit
  • Discover
Edited by christina5704
  • Like 1

Actually I think in store they take Mastercard now that's not a debit. I know they cut deals and I think it's with them. Was discover only (outside of their own) because Discover gave them the lowest transaction fees.

They do, I left my little note up there (and forgot to delete it) because when I copied and pasted from sams club it jumbled everything together.

So, while I was debating how big a stink I really wanted to cause in order to go into their store and give them my money a good friend phoned and asked if I would be interested in going with her to the sale. She upgraded to a plus membership a while back, lol.  Funny how things work out.  :)

I went on Thursday and upgraded my business membership to a business plus. they said no one is getting in without a plus membership AND a invite, I'm heading over around 3:30, since I'm going for the SG4 phone and the HP laptop. They will be handing out tickets to people in line for both items and then when you get in the store, you can get the item. Sounds like the same strategy they are doing with the Walmart wristbands this year.

They are only going to sign up 10 phones that night since it takes 30 min. To activate each phone. Anyone else wanting a phone will have to sign up for appointments (mon-wed). They said they have 200+ SG4's in the store , so I'm not to worried about getting one. There seems to be less iPhones. This information came from the phone rep at SAMs and the store manager.

The phone rep said it will take 3 calls to Verizon, but you can get the $30 activation fee waved for the new phones! good luck,

• Like 1