Official Black Friday & Thanksgiving Day Store Hours Thread

bpr

Watch this page for the latest updates on when your favorite Black Friday store will open. This will help in planning your shopping event ;).

Thursday November 28th (Thanksgiving Day):

TBD:
Build-A-Bear

6:00 AM:

Kmart (Doorbusters until 5 PM)*

Meijer*

7:00 AM:

Big Lots*

Dollar General

8:00 AM:

Bass Pro Shops (until 6 PM)*

Walgreens (until 10 PM)*

5:00 PM:

Babies R Us

Belk

Toys R Us (300 Doorbusters from 5 to 9 PM)

6:00 PM:

Best Buy

Goody's (Doorbusters until 1 AM)*

Peebles (until 1 AM)*

Sports Authority (until Midnight)*

Walmart

7:00 PM:

Kmart (Doorbusters until 3 AM)*

Old Navy

8:00 PM:
Belk

Bon-Ton

Dick's Sporting Goods

HHgregg

JC Penney
Kohl's
Macy's

Office Depot (until 11 PM)*

Office Max (Doorbusters at 8 and 11 PM until 2 AM)*

Sears

Staples (until Midnight)*

Target

9:00 PM

Value City Furniture (until Midnight)*

Friday November 29th (Black Friday):

Midnight:
GameStop (most stores)

4:00 AM:
AAFES

5:00 AM:
A.C. Moore

Bass Pro Shops (until 11 AM)

Cabela's (Doorbusters until 10 AM)

Fred's

Home Depot

Lowe's

Office Max (until 12 PM)

6:00 AM:

Bed Bath & Beyond

Big Lots

Goody's (Doorbusters until 1 PM)*

Kmart (Doorbusters until 12 PM)

Lands End.com

Meijer*

Menards (until 12PM)

Northern Tool

Peebles*

Sports Authority*

Staples*

Value City Furniture (until 9 AM)*

Half Price Books
Harbor Freight

PetSmart

Rite Aid

Sam's Club

Stein Mart (until 12PM)

8:00 AM:

Haverty's (until 11 AM)

Office Depot*

Radio Shack

*Some stores are listed twice. For example; they may be open Thursday and close late and then re-open on Friday morning.

Edited by bpr
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for the input. I will try to get this updated this weekend (I have a LOT of unpacking to do first). I've got a list of most store hours already (thanks arci122), just need to take a few minutes to get it done ;) (but I will).   

I was at Wal-mart this evening. I asked a woman at the customer service desk if she happened to know what time their sale was starting on black Friday. She said she didn't but asked the employee next to her. This woman said, "it's not black Friday...it's Thanksgiving. I THINK our sales are starting at 7pm. I also work at Old Navy and I know for a fact the sale there starts at 7." I'm very anxious to find out if she's correct!

• Like 1

Watch this page for the latest updates on when your favorite Black Friday store will open. This will help in planning your shopping event ;).

Thursday November 28th (Thanksgiving Day):

TBD:

Build-A-Bear

8:00 PM:

JCPenney

Kohl's

Macy's

Bon-Ton

Friday November 29th (Black Friday):

Midnight:

GameStop (most stores)

5:00 AM:

Fred's

Harbor Freight

The time opening? Can you specific in  What Time Zone?  Is that share the same time for their website as well ?

Haven't seen official info yet but my hubby has to be  at work at 8pm Thanksgiving day and he works at Sears.So im assuming Sears will open at 8pm also.Especially if the other big stores will be.hmmmm :yuck:

Doesn't he have to be there BEFORE they open?  Maybe they are opening at 9:00?

The time opening? Can you specific in  What Time Zone?  Is that share the same time for their website as well ?

Opening times are normally for all local time zones.  Online deals often start at at time that differs from the store opening time (and is obviously uniform, not time zone dependent).  Brad will have information on the times that online sales go live closer to Thanksgiving week.

• Like 1

Pretty much all times should be your time zone. Online hours are totally different than store times, but it is usually one time for the start. Whether it's EST or PST depends on the store's online site. Like mentioned above, this site will keep you posted on when those store's websites start their sales (but it won't be on this page).

For those wondering about putting out all the times for store openings, my plan is to wait until the times are 'official' (meaning when we have word from Brad or we see it when the ad is released. If Brad wants 'unofficial' hours posted I will do that). I'd hate to post hours (unofficial) and everyone makes plans then find out later they were wrong and it screws up everyone's shopping plans.

Lowe's has updated their Black Friday page to announce that their Black Friday sale will start at 4am EST on Thanksgiving Day!

I expect that the clock that they are showing refers to the start of online deals and it calculates to midnight eastern time (when you consider that we will be changing clocks between now and then).  I also expect that stores will open sometime (much) later.  Just guessing.

Edited by mcwalker

Staples opening at 8:00 PM Thanksgiving.

Just went on Staples site to look for something.  Clicking on individual stores in the find a store section has a special green posting after the regular store hours that says: Open Thanksgiving 8pm to midnight! Open Black Friday 6am to normal close.

These Thanksgiving Day opening times are horrible. I absolutely love shopping the Black Friday Sales but I also absolutely love spending tiem with my family on Thanksgiving. Now, the store hours are forcing people who want great deals to shop on Thanksgiving Day. It kinda ruins the excitement of "Black FRIDAY." I guess I'll have to do online shopping Thanksgiving Day to ensure I get the things I want and then go out after Thanksgiving. I'll probably still go Thanksgiving night after 8pm. 

• Like 1

I decided I will not shop on Thanksgiving day unless it's online.  There is nothing I need badly enough to force workers away from their families.  It's sad, with all the days they could run a good sale they choose to take away from their employee's families just to make more money.  I'm truly sickened by it.  I've always been one of the nut jobs out at 2-3am Friday.  Just can't believe it's gone this far.

• Like 1

Stupid question...if Walmart is normally 24 hrs will they be open all day then start door busters at 6? The answer was yes when it was Friday but do they open on thanksgiving?

I'm passing by my Walmart on thanksgiving morning so if they're open ill pop in to case the joint. Lol

• Like 1