Playmobil Toys

decafmom

My son has several pieces of Playmobil toys, but his newest request (AFTER I am done shopping for him!) was a Playmobil Noah's Ark. Since we have several of the pieces, I know they're not cheap, but I was still surprised to see it listed at $69.99 on Playmobil's site. Plus, have any of you ever had to put together Playmobil toys? Yikes! Last year we didn't open the zoo until Christmas Eve after he went to bed. It took myself, dh, and my teenager THREE HOURS to put it together. He specifically asked for the Playmobil one (we have the Playmobile Advent Calendar and a picture of it was included in the brochure), but I wonder if I could get away with a less expensive one. Here it is...

http://store.playmobilusa.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/PM_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=ewBasgILMthapkGdprRWlMw5PL_Tujlb7Sk=?ProductSKU=3255&CategoryName=US_storefront&PLS=0

You could probably get away with a less expensive one, but I think the little people might be too young for him after a short time. My son is 5 and we have done away with all the little people items as of this past summer. He has a big collection of Playmobil and I think it will last much longer (playwise) than other brands. Plus if he has other Playmobil pieces, they can all play together.

I have a couple local stores that sell Playmobil and they run them on sale every so often. They just had 15% off, and their 20% off is not until Dec 22nd (or some date close to it). These are teacher/learning stores, maybe you have some in your area??

I think Playmobil (although costly) is well worth the money as it lasts forever and has a really good resale value too!