Advice on support staff gifts

theggs4ever

How much do you spend on speech teachers? My daughter has two of them...a public school one and an insurance-covered private one. This is new to me, so I'm not sure.

My older daughter has a music teacher, PE teacher, and a computer teacher. How much would i spend on them? She sees them once per week.

What about a horse riding teacher? How much would you spend?

I'd also like to get the crossing guards a little something. Any help is appreciated. :)

In the past my kids put together little snack pack bags and tied them off with homemade foam ornaments. THese snack packs would contain hot cocoa mix or a bottle of water, bag of micorwave popcorn and a treat either holiday candy/cookies or rice crispy treat. Other times the kids have given $5 - $10 gift cards to local deli store so they could get coffee in the mornings or pick up lunch one day.

• Like 1

I am support staff  :)  I am a Teacher's Assistant in a High School Life Skills Room.  I really like the ornaments that have the kids' pictures in them.  This is the 6th year for some of my kids.  It's amazing to look at the same childs pictures through the  years.  I also like fuzzy socks, but I am odd, and only one of my students gives them to me, every year LOL  ;)   I love the homemade yummys, but some people don't (More for me, when they bring it for all of us to share LOL)  I don't expect anything from any of my kids.  I like it when they sign the cards themselves :)

• Like 1

I think it depends on how involved they are in your child's life. For the classes my kids only see once a week like music, art, computer etc I will usually buy something small from bbw or a holiday tin with cheryls cookies ( something of that nature) 

However my daughter and son had a WONDERFUL speech teacher that went above and beyond for them over the years and I would spend more on her then their main teacher and buy her a coach bag from the coach outlets. It really shouls just be what you feel comfortable giving. Any token with thought is always appreciated!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My aunt always does these crafty type things and they always seem appreciated by the kids teachers and such.  For me - food items are on the no no list these days. Just with so many people being funny about what they do and do not eat - it's just a mine field :(  I would say stick to the simple thank you style gifts because a token of appreciation is really nice and it stays out of "awkward" when you get someone something that's just over and beyond.

You can always attach a small gift card to a made ornament, sewn kitchen towel, or you can get some kind of mug with initials - everyone loves those turvis tumblers.