Black Friday Webcast Thread - Details, Schedule & More

bigjimslade

It's a gamble. If it isn't online then you will have missed your chance to grab it at the store. In the past though, I've scored 100% of the deals I wanted online. This year the deal is a little more important to me, so I'm freaking out a bit. WANT THAT IPAD! I was relieved to see Sams Club state the ps3 bundle will be available online--now I just need to get a membership. Ha. 

Let me correct myself...you won't always miss the chance to get to the store and grab your item. If I remember correctly the deals go online a lot sooner than the stores open. Like you said 12am on Thursday, would give you plenty of time to go stand in line.

I'm really wanting to get the Skylanders Starter pack (a couple stores actually have it) and the iPod 5th gen in pink but I don't think i'll be able to make it to any of the early openings.  Thanksgiving is at my house this year and it would probably be rude to ditch my guests.  :)  I'll just have to keep watching online while I'm cooking. 

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but the Target ad had the iPod 5th gen 16gb for like $229 with a $50 gift card.  Is it likely that the 32GB version will have a gift card option too?

I hope you get the items you're wanting!

Thanks!

I am  fairly new to  this Black friday shoppoing especially  on line shopping - so I was wondering   when will you  be able to  shop online with the  black  friday  prices?   I have a  very  busy  Thanksgiving day and I really don't think I will be  at the store that evening ...................

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, we rarely (if ever) know for sure what time the online sales will start, until they do.  You just have to keep watching.  As the weathermen in my area like to say...Stay with Gottadeal, they'll keep you advised.

• Like 3

Where would I find a listing of what Target may have on sale for Black Friday Online?? I'm not going to be able to make it to the stores this year.  :no:  But I would love to take advantage of a few sales.  I wish I could get the iPad with the $100 gift card!!

Bestbuy prices usually start to drop around 2:30- 3:00 am. Ive never bought much from Walmart online, because of the horror stories ive heard about their online sales. Last year I did buy my nephew a bike, and picked it up in our local store without any problems. Im pretty sure i was able to order the bike around 3:00 am.

Is this 2:30-3 eastern or central or Pacific? I just got all my credit card info inputted into Best Buy and the free MYBestbuy membership for the fun of it. Does anyone know how long you can leave something in your cart? Like if I put something in it now will it still be there on the day of the sale? Also when should we expect the annual list of what's already at better than black Friday to be up?

Where would I find a listing of what Target may have on sale for Black Friday Online?? I'm not going to be able to make it to the stores this year.  :no:  But I would love to take advantage of a few sales.  I wish I could get the iPad with the $100 gift card!!

Last year Target had everything online to my recollection just be advised they are slow to switching prices over. LAst year the sale started at I think 1 am and some items werent switched till 4 am

Edited by Tigger97498

One of the things i love about living in a state where the stores dont open on thursday. I know i dont have to get up and go out thursday, regardless of whether the stuff i want shows up online or not. I have all day thursday to shop online (and DH cooks and i'm banned from the kitchen :) ), so i just light a fire and snuggle up with my Snuggie at the computer and click on the stores all day long. Whatever i dont get online (i normally get a good % of the things on my list), i will get friday morning.

~excuse typos. sent from KF and tired of fixing errors from this damn keyboard

More of the of the printed ads this year have increased references to shopping online, either general comments about shopping online or specific item by item information.  In particular some of the ads give specific reference numbers for locating specific items in the ad online.  For example, look at the Macy's ad: almost every item has a "Web ID number" where the items will be available online.  The implication in the ad it that all of these items will be at the advertised price.  You can search for some of these now and they link to the item, but at current price; some other numbers are not currently active in their system. The JC Penney also has ""jcp.com" reference numbers under most of the items.  I have seen more of these in the ads this year than before.  We have not included these in the item listings, so you have to look at the can pages to find them.  Of course Brad will be adding direct links when available.

We'll use this thread to try and answer any questions about online Black Friday (or Cyber Monday) shopping that you may have.

Note: if your question is something like "Will this store have their BF items online?" or "What time will this store put their items online?" or "Will this particular item be offered online?", you probably won't get an answer in here.

We're going to post whatever info we have in the various threads in this forum. So find the thread for your store and see what information we have. If there isn't a thread yet for your store, be patient. Once we have firm information, a thread will be created.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask or if it has been previously asked, but will this site have the items that are available online at the black friday price? I know in the past, I've been able to use this site and the items will have a little blue shopping cart next to them if they can be bought online.

Will that happen this year? If so, when does that usually start? I assume when the sales start, but how do we know in advance which items can be bought online?