Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

Question about Skylanders Swap Force and I apologize if I missed this earlier... I tried to read the whole thread before posting.  With Swap Force, do you need to buy the new "starter kit" in order to utilize all the Swap Force characters?  I'm guessing yes as it seems to come with a whole new game.  Just wanted to verify before I start doing my price comparisons!

You will need the new portal. The swap force figures have magnets in them allowing you to interchange your characters and the original portals are not configured to read the new design.

• Like 1

I'm hoping the wii u goes on sale.  My oldest daughter wants one, but it's out of my price range right now.

same here.  DS has exactly 1 gift on his "list" so far and this is it.  However, I can't spend $300 on one gift.  Even on a good year I wouldn't spend that much on a gift but this year is tighter than usual as I'm out of work. 

ETA:  oh yeah, he has mentioned the 2DS a couple times as well...... that is more doable, but I'm hoping to get for under $100

Edited by lamb616

Anybody know how much the wii u will slow down if you have 2 of the handhelds vs one handheld and one regular controler?

Great question.

I remember reading that this configuration, multiple tablet controllers being used at the same time, was available when the WiiU first came out, but I have yet to find a separate WiiU tablet controller available for purchase.  Have you seen them anywhere?

Gamestop BF ad has the Xbox 360 with two games (250gb) for $199.  Is this a good deal?  I was hoping it would be lower since the newer systems are coming out.  Also, have the 360s improved?  We had one a couple years ago, but it got a red ring thingy.  I don't want to spend the money if we're going to have problems with it.  We have a PS3, but apparently Minecraft was only released for the 360.  Boys and their games!!!

My sons are on Minecraft all the time.  They swear its not even worth playing anywhere except on their tablets or on the PC.

When the PS3 first came out, it was $499. Walmart did a ridiculous deal with a Walmart gift card bringing the cost to $200. That same PS3 is still kicking today just like brand new, no problems. Now if Walmart were to do the same deal with the new PS4, I'ld probably get one. At the +$400 price, I'll pass.

I am looking for deals on the new Batman game and the new racing game. I'm hoping Target, Amazon, Microsoft or Walmart come through. I hoping for $35 or cheaper. Last year between Microsoft and Walmart I purchased 8 games for $110 I had budgeted for. I got the then new racing game for $15 which was selling normally for $59. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Question:  Can we expect a "newer" game like Grand Theft Auto 5 to come down to BF prices?  I was able to score some pretty great games for my youngest brother last year but I don't remember how new they were.  Buy now or wait?

I would wait. If nothing else Target normally does a buy 2, get 1 free 2 weeks before Christmas. (At least they have for last 3 years) Also Walmart, Target, Microsoft and Amazon had new release games cheap last Christmas. Last year it was the new Halo, Assassins Creed, and Forsa.

Although you might have an issue. I'm not sure exact which stores carry the grand theft series, I know some stores will not carry the games 

• Like 1

Amazon currently  has Disney Infinity for the Wii U for $59.95. That's a decent price but I'm wondering if I will find it cheaper on Black Friday (and actually be able to score it).

Skylanders Swap Force seems to be more pricey at $74.96. I'm really hoping to find that cheaper.

What do you guys think?  Do you think they'll be any cheaper any time soon? Maybe Black Friday? Although, I know these are hot items and the masses will also be hoping to catch them on sale as well. So I'm not sure I'd actually be able to get my  hands on one. I was hoping to only have to buy one, but my 9 year old wants Infinity and my 6 year old wants Swap Force. Ugh LOL.

DH and I just bought a Wii U the one that came with the Zelda game and are going to be buying the Disney Infinity starter set. Do you think it will be a hot item this year? What do you think think the lowest we will see the starter set for is? Right now Amazon has it for $59.95 do you think it will get much lower? Thanks for any help

My kids really enjoy it...and we have Skylanders, Skylanders Giants, and we are getting them Swap Force for Christmas.  It is very different, but my 8 year old has a friend who also has it, and even when he goes to his house, that's what they play...I think as they come out with more characters and more "adventure packs," for lack of whatever it is that they call them, they'll be more popular, as what they have out now is just kind of meh, IMO...

I went ahead and got the Disney infinity at walmart for $55. They had it in store for $79.96 for the xbox but online they had it for around $55 so I price matched them with their online price and got it. (i didn't know they arent suppose to priced match with theirselves until I got to the register and the girl told me. She was kind enough to allow it but had to get a CSM to approve it). I know TRU is suppose to have it on sale n BFbut that's not a place that I'll be hitting up so I just went hophead and got it.

Does anyone think that we will see a sale on the Xbox 360 with Kinect?  That is the main thing my daughter is asking for so I definitely want to get it and since they are coming out with the Xbox one, I am hoping to see a sale on the xbox 360 or at least a bundle or a good gift card deal.   I would love it if Walmart offered it like they did 2 years ago.  It was 199 with a 50.00 gift card.

This is pretty much the only thing I "have" to pick up. So I'll go wherever I get the best deal on that for bf.