Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

is that 8 GB or 16 ?

I believe it's the 16gb. When you've got a tablet with no expandable memory, 8bg is kinda freaking useless.

Just FYI, I know the TV shopping networks tend to be more $ but they are saying for TODAY only as a HOTPICK on QVC, they are offering a new HD kindle 7 inc with 16GB and said on-air that it DOES have HDMI port  199.00 only today. It comes with a pink or purple case.

The presentations I saw said that it was NEW, so I am guessing it is the New 7 inch HD , although people say the new one does NOT have HDMI, so either QVC is wrong or they are offering a special model. Any smart person here, no what is actually accurate, Brad? Bueller?? anyone?

specs:

What's in the box? Kindle Fire HD tablet, USB 2.0 cable, Kindle leather case, Kindle Powerfast charger, quick-start guide, a $50 Printer Pix offer, and two-year Premier Tech support plan (information for Tech Support ships separately).

Wireless capability may require a network connection, additional accessories, and/or a service connection fee.

Access to and use of the Internet may require payment of a separate fee to an Internet Service Provider.

Use of Bluetooth technology may require Bluetooth software and compatible accessories.

• Includes 16GB Kindle Fire HD tablet, USB 2.0 cable, Kindle leather case, Kindle Powerfast charger, quick-start guide, $50 Printer Pix offer, and two-year Premier Tech support plan (information for Tech Support ships separately)
  • 1.2GHz dual-core processor
  • 16GB internal storage, 12.6GB available for user
  • 7" diagonal 10-point capacitive touch, anti-glare HD color display with 1280x800 resolution, IPS technology, advanced polarizing filter
  • Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi; supports 802.11a/b/g/n
  • Bluetooth wireless
  • Front-facing camera
  • Imagination PowerVR 3D graphics
  • Supports Kindle AZW, KF8, TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, AAX, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, AC3, EAC3, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV, MP4, AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1/v2, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, HTML5, CSS3, 3GP, VP8 files
  • Dual-driver speakers with Dolby audio
  • Free Cloud storage for Amazon content
  • USB 2.0, micro HDMI ports
  • 3.5mm stereo jack
  • Measures approx. 7-1/2"L x 5-1/2"W x 1/2"D; weighs 13.9 oz
  • UL listed; 1-year LMW
  • Imported

It sounds like they're clearing out last year's model at an INSANELY HIGH PRICE.

• Like 3

I believe it's the 16gb. When you've got a tablet with no expandable memory, 8bg is kinda freaking useless.

It sounds like they're clearing out last year's model at an INSANELY HIGH PRICE.

Im kind of suspicious of its high price that they may have purposely priced it high and that it will actually be one of QVC's BF deals. I know Best Buy did that this week putting the previous version of the 7 inch hd on the website in preperation for BF but priced it crazy high at $199 which WE know will be $99 on BF http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kindle-fire-hd-7-previous-generation-16gb/2599009.p?id=1219074792522&skuId=2599009&st=kindle%20hd&cp=1&lp=2

Ok all I just spoke to amazon and that 109.95 they are having right now from amazonwarehousedeals DOES include a full 1 year warranty so im getting mine there since when you factor in tax and such at Best Buy on the $99 deal they come up about the same maybe a smidge cheaper on amazons end plus not having to deal with the stress of trying to get it on the bb website on black friday

Hello fellow BF addicts!!

I would appreciate feedback on the RCA 7" tablet at Walmart.  I can't find any reviews or info on this model but at $49 it seems too good to pass up!  Especially dual core!

Thanx and happy shopping!

Although Dual core is a preferred feature, many of these cheaper tablets suffer from inferior WiFi modules. One thing that I do like is the capability to expand the storage capacity of android devices through the use of the micro-SD card slot. I would personally opt for the Dual core 10.1 for $99. I have many more uses for these tablets, so WiFi is not a deal breaker for me.

Hello fellow BF addicts!!

I would appreciate feedback on the RCA 7" tablet at Walmart.  I can't find any reviews or info on this model but at $49 it seems too good to pass up!  Especially dual core!

Thanx and happy shopping!

It's one of those cheap  China tablets. I bought one for my granddaughter when her Pandigital quit. They don't compare to  a name brand like kindle, or nexus. My sister bought one and loves it, but they are flimslily made. 

Ok all I just spoke to amazon and that 109.95 they are having right now from amazonwarehousedeals DOES include a full 1 year warranty so im getting mine there since when you factor in tax and such at Best Buy on the $99 deal they come up about the same maybe a smidge cheaper on amazons end plus not having to deal with the stress of trying to get it on the bb website on black friday

amazon doens't have any in stock right now, only used 3rd party sellers. 

amazon doens't have any in stock right now, only used 3rd party sellers. 

Actually look through the 3rd party sellers those that say fufilled by amazon will include a full 1 year warrenty per an amazon rep I spoke with in chat. Amazonwarehouse deals where I got mine is considered a 3rd party seller but isnt they are part of Amazon technically but thats not why the 1 year warranty applies according to the rep ANY 3rd party purchase which says fufilled by amazon gets the kindle warranty. However them including the 1 year warranty only applies to Kindles from my understanding and other products may or may not include a warrenty thats something to ask Amazon.

Edited by Tigger97498
  • Like 1

I am interested in getting a tablet but really need it to be inexpensive. I coupon alot and am looking to get one that will run the Ibotta app. Right now I am looking at the 39.99 tablet at kmart (thanksgiving 6 am sale) or the 49.99 tablet at walmart (8 pm sale) Any thoughts or advice as I have never bought one before.

Guess I should add that the most I can spend this year is $60.00 on one. Also what about the Polaroid tablet from toy r us?

Edited by tlm99

I am interested in getting a tablet but really need it to be inexpensive. I coupon alot and am looking to get one that will run the Ibotta app. Right now I am looking at the 39.99 tablet at kmart (thanksgiving 6 am sale) or the 49.99 tablet at walmart (8 pm sale) Any thoughts or advice as I have never bought one before.

Those are the :CHI:NA tablets. I  bought them for my grandkids but I would nver buy one for myself or my children. I buy only fires for us. 

Actually look through the 3rd party sellers those that say fufilled by amazon will include a full 1 year warrenty per an amazon rep I spoke with in chat. Amazonwarehouse deals where I got mine is considered a 3rd party seller but isnt they are part of Amazon technically but thats not why the 1 year warranty applies according to the rep ANY 3rd party purchase which says fufilled by amazon gets the kindle warranty. However them including the 1 year warranty only applies to Kindles from my understanding and other products may or may not include a warrenty thats something to ask Amazon.

I am well aware of the amazon kindle rules, I go on the kindle help forums daily and answer questions of kindle owners, but they are all USED and not one was even in a condition better than good or acceptable. I will not buy a used product, and I don't buy anything from a 3rd part seller even if it is fulfilled by amazon. I got a book last year that wwas supposed to be in like new condition and fulfilled by amazon, and it didn't even have a cover. IT was falling apart. 

My husband wants a tablet he can user for work that will run excel/office. I haven't read many positive things about the surface and windows rt. is it worth it to buy him a surface on sale on bf or getting him a surface 2? Or is there another windows tablet that would be better. My budget is no more than $500.

My husband wants a tablet he can user for work that will run excel/office. I haven't read many positive things about the surface and windows rt. is it worth it to buy him a surface on sale on bf or getting him a surface 2? Or is there another windows tablet that would be better. My budget is no more than $500.

I think an RT would be fine unless he needs to use the tab to run non-rt apps -- like Microsoft Access.  Get a list of all the apps he uses and see if the RT will run them.

We love our Surface Pro and our RTs. The RTs are a little slower, but come with office. Like Len said, check on what else he'll need.

I also have the Lenovo ThinkPad 2 that I use for work, and it's really nice. You will have to purchase office for a non-RT tablet. But it's at a nice in between point.

The Surfaces on sale that I've seen are RTs.

The Surface 2 will be a little faster. Be aware that the Surface 2 is an RT, even though they aren't calling it that. The pro is Surface Pro 2.

I need some advice. I bought my great niece a Nabi 2 for Christmas. She is 3 and she likes her moms Kindle. She is learning to read so I would like her to have something educational. Was the Nabi 2 the right choice?  I have looked at other ones and It just gets too confusing!! 

I need some advice. I bought my great niece a Nabi 2 for Christmas. She is 3 and she likes her moms Kindle. She is learning to read so I would like her to have something educational. Was the Nabi 2 the right choice?  I have looked at other ones and It just gets too confusing!! 

I don't think so.  You can swap the two and leave a little jingle in your purse.  You should be able to get a protective case.  If she like's Mom's kindle, why change the rules for her?  There are so many free games and books for the Fire that she will learn a lot more.  Amazon is a great company to do business with.

The Nabi was made from the ground up with little kids in mind.  The Kindle was not.  I think the Nabi is a fine choice for kids.

The Nabi is going to be far more difficult (nigh impossible) for the 3 year old to mess things up on.

I am computer illiterate.  My daughter wants a tablet with a removable keyboard.  This is the first year her school is allowing them to bring their own device.  I know absolutely nothing about computers....have no idea what a surface is.....I can play on my laptop...lol.  Can anyone please help me and tell me which are the better ones to buy, and if you know who has them on BF?  Thanks so much!

My husband bought a Samsung Note 3 (smartphone) at AT&T for $299 and he got a FREE Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (which is having to be shipped to him, so he hasn't been able to check it out yet)  I wanted an ipad mini, but that price was $329 verses the free Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0.  Will I be happy with the Samsung Tab and was this a good deal?

My husband bought a Samsung Note 3 (smartphone) at AT&T for $299 and he got a FREE Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (which is having to be shipped to him, so he hasn't been able to check it out yet)  I wanted an ipad mini, but that price was $329 verses the free Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0.  Will I be happy with the Samsung Tab and was this a good deal?

Yes I think getting the Samsung Tab3 free is a good deal.  DH has the Tab2 he got last year and loves it.  They have good reviews.