Official Black Friday TABLET Discussion Thread

Brad

It is not working because the coupon says $50 off all "regular price tablets"  The $159 price is a sale price down from $199.  As far as I can see it won't work on any tablets since they are all on sale. :yuck:  :yuck:  :yuck:  :yuck:

Of course I just tried on the 8" and it does work  It was originally $285.99 discounted to $249 and with coupon down to $199.  So if it works on the 8" it should work on the 7"  I am going to give them a call

I just chatted with them and this is the answer I got back.  They must be having problems

"If you are unable to apply your coupon 18702 or 64888 online, please go ahead and process your qualifying order without the coupon, then just send us an email with your order number and coupon you wish to apply and we will process your credit"

Edited by racerfan

ok, well I got 299, 10.1 size I thought that was a sale price. I did not get confirmation email yet. Little worried. Wonder if you call if they'll make them all not work/or work.

**however I have my print out and it has all info on it. Maybe they'd honor it ?

Edited by allshoppedout

ok, well I got 299, 10.1 size I thought that was a sale price. I did not get confirmation email yet. Little worried. Wonder if you call if they'll make them all not work/or work.

**however I have my print out and it has all info on it. Maybe they'd honor it ?

Go on Staples and chat with them tell them the coupon did not work.  You should get the message I did.  Print out the message so you have it

• Like 1

This is the message I got from Staples system

System
If you are unable to apply your coupon 18702 or 64888 online, please go ahead and process your qualifying order without the coupon, then just send us an email with your order number and coupon you wish to apply and we will process your credit.

I am waiting to speak with someone directly

I just saw this, anyone like/have this tablet http://scene7.samsclub.com/is/image/samsclub/0040633880409_A?$img_size_380x380$ASUS Me302 MeMO Pad 10 inch @ Sams... get the keyboard case with..for 438.00 .....hmmmm  CAN this do what the SAMSUNG 3 10 inch can??

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/nov-isb-s-bundle-me302-keyboard/prod11090388.ip?origin=search_page.rr1&campaign=rr&sn=MultiItemPersonalizedViewCP&

Edited by allshoppedout

I just saw this, anyone like/have this tablet http://scene7.samsclub.com/is/image/samsclub/0040633880409_A?$img_size_380x380$ASUS Me302 MeMO Pad 10 inch @ Sams... get the keyboard case with..for 388.00 .....hmmmm

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/nov-isb-s-bundle-me302-keyboard/prod11090388.ip?origin=search_page.rr1&campaign=rr&sn=MultiItemPersonalizedViewCP&

I have an Asus but not this one.  I know the the memo 7" has bad reviews

oh racerfan, I had the price wrong anyway, i went back and fixed it though, I can't believe i managed to get a picture to actually post :sidesplit

lol yes that tablet can do what the Samsung can.  The Samsung Tab3 has better reviews.  I would stay with that.  IF it was Asus TF300 tablet thats the one I have.  That price is waaay too high

Can anyone tell me if you can watch Amazon Prime on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 or 3?  I just chatted with a staples rep online and they couldn't tell me.  Thank you.

Depends. If the OS is above Android 4.0, the answer is "no." That's because the Android app relies on Flash, which Google has stopped supporting in Android. However, I have NO DOUBT there's gonna be a fix, because:

a. The iOS version of the Amazon Instant Video app has always worked without Flash, so it's obviously technically feasible; and

b. Amazon's not about to just walk away from video sales. They already loosened the restriction that prevented iOS users from streaming the AIV app to their Apple TVs (via AirPlay), so they're clearly not inflexible on these things.

allshoppedout, how many times do I gotta post this link?

http://tech.woot.com/offers/asus-10-1-32gb-tablet-with-keyboard-10?utm_campaign=Commission+Junction+-+10860750&utm_source=Commission+Junction+Publisher+-+1412508&utm_medium=affiliate+-+Product+Catalog

BTDubs, today's the last day, so quit'cher lollygaggin'.

Depends. If the OS is above Android 4.0, the answer is "no." That's because the Android app relies on Flash, which Google has stopped supporting in Android. However, I have NO DOUBT there's gonna be a fix, because:

a. The iOS version of the Amazon Instant Video app has always worked without Flash, so it's obviously technically feasible; and

b. Amazon's not about to just walk away from video sales. They already loosened the restriction that prevented iOS users from streaming the AIV app to their Apple TVs (via AirPlay), so they're clearly not inflexible on these things.

http://tech.woot.com/offers/asus-10-1-32gb-tablet-with-keyboard-10?utm_campaign=Commission+Junction+-+10860750&utm_source=Commission+Junction+Publisher+-+1412508&utm_medium=affiliate+-+Product+Catalog

I am sooo upset about that little flash "glitch"! I just went to try my new Prime Instant Video on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 that I upgraded to JB and it was a no go. Found out that if I had just left ICS on it it would have worked. Now its telling me that flash is not supported on my device.... grrrrrrr!

Ok this is what I got from the customer service at Staples

Agent (Caleb): "the coupon can be used towards item #75593

Agent (Caleb): "The coupon is able to be used on item #213981

Natalie: "Works on tem: 213891 but not on tem: 75593

Agent (Caleb): "I am sorry you are having difficulties applying the coupon, if you would like to call us at 1-800-333-3330,

we can place the order with the coupon, or you can place the order without the coupon and I can add it to your order

after you have generated an order number within 3-5 business days. Whichever is easiest for you

Natalie: "I am going to order later because I have other stuff to order. I will email in his conversation with my order 

Agent (Caleb): "That is fine, however we are very backed up in emails currently and it may take a week before you get a

response, I would recommend calling us at1-800-333-3330 to have the coupon applied or return to chat

Agent (Caleb): "A coupon must be added to an order before 48 hours of the order being placed.

Natalie: "ok"

So the Tab 3 7" works out to $109.  Awesome deal!!!

"

Edited by racerfan

I wonder how long it will take for them to credit the 50.00 to your account?

Well if you call to place the order they will apply the coupon immediately.  If not you order and then go on instant chat for them to apply credit to your order #  Has to be done within 48 hours of order.  The CS rep said I should not have to wait for a refund if it is done that way.

alrighty, noooo hostility on Thanksgiving eve, LOL... could it be that I just can't decide what to buy for someone? Or maybe I'll buy one of each and keep the one I like best & gift the other... :loli: :loli:

alrighty, noooo hostility on Thanksgiving eve, LOL... could it be that I just can't decide what to buy for someone? Or maybe I'll buy one of each and keep the one I like best & gift the other... :loli: :loli:

Edited by allshoppedout

OK HELP Again: searching for a DECENT priced keyboard/case, or at the least keyboard for that Samsung  3, 10.1 NOT finding any deals... 

Suggestions "oh great & wise gottadeal veterans"??? I see some that say wireless, but then say they are NOT bluetooth, must it say bluetooth, I'm lost lost lost...

We actually bought too many, and are gifting the extra one, so I fully endorse this strategy.  :)

OK HELP Again: searching for a DECENT priced keyboard/case, or at the least keyboard for that Samsung  3, 10.1 NOT finding any deals... 

Suggestions "oh great & wise gottadeal veterans"??? I see some that say wireless, but then say they are NOT bluetooth, must it say bluetooth, I'm lost lost lost...

You're definitely gonna want need it to be Bluetooth. I would just go through Amazon's selection, and see what combination of reviews and price you can find (if you go strictly by price, you GREATLY increas the odds of buying something awful). Here's a link to the one I bought (I didn't realize how-super-portable it was until it arrived):  http://amzn.com/B00EDYX51A

Edited by gbeenie

We have this keyboard, and it is awesome

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-U6R-00001-Wedge-Mobile-Keyboard/dp/B008OEHPKM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1385602835&sr=1-1&keywords=wedge+keyboard

Bonus is that the cover for the keyboard doubles as a stand for the tablet.

• Like 1