How soon do you put up your Christmas tree

Jen08

My tree is up... But 2 more sections of lights are out. :( 1 section went out last year. Tomorrow I will go buy more lights for it, and guess I'll be on the lookout for a tree on clearance.

I am too tired to do anything else tonight, but I'll get everything decorated this weekend.

Well, I got my outside thanksgiving stuff down yesterday and the Christmas stuff up. The weather didn't exactly cooperate this year. My pumpkins were frozen solid, so i really missed the satisfaction of seeing them smashed on the ground. I ended up having to throw them at the neighbors' culvert to get them to break. Also, since the ground was hard as a rock i had trouble getting my light stakes to go deep enough. Maybe it will warm up a little next week and I can make some adjustments. Definitely need to take down the Santa windsock. That thing is just a little too morbid. Looks like we hung him.

Decorating inside today. My family has a pool going on how many trips to hobby lobby i will make today. Sometimes they are not very nice. Lol

• Like 1

We've used a fake tree since we've been married. Last year the cat bent some branches and one of the kids broke part of it. We thought we could use the top half this year and look for one on clearance after Christmas. It looked pathetic. We went out and picked up a real tree. My husband was allergic to the mold on the tree when he was a kid, so we are hoping our kids will be okay with it.We plan on decorating it tomorrow.