How soon do you put up your Christmas tree

Jen08

I'm thinking about putting ours up a little early this year since Thanksgiving and Christmas are so close together.  My thought is maybe getting the big living room tree set up the weekend before Thanksgiving so we can enjoy it with the family here on turkey day. (Get us all in the shopping spirit for BF!) But maybe waiting on the smaller tree for the playroom and the rest of the inside decorations until the day after BF. We have fake trees because I'm allergic to pine. 

One in the front room is up and the stuff to decorate it will come out tomorrow. We will decorate it over the course of this week and probably setup all the inside decorations this coming weekend. We will hold off on the outdoor decorations until Thanksgiving weekend though as we need all new inflatables anyway. Florida Winter is rough on them and they all seemed to finally die over the past 2 seasons. Probably next week we will start on the 2nd tree and the little one in our daughters room and then after Thanksgiving we will get a real one for the living room.

lol...that's harsh speeddiva. I don't think we're having a tree this year unless I just put up the cheap plastic stuff from target/sears a couple of years ago. The new OLD dog has lost her manners and it seems like I'm going to have to train the humans before I can get the mutts under control.

We have 1 of the 4 decorated, have the stuff out for the big one in the front room which we will start working on tonight (spent the weekend deep cleaning the 1st floor. Plan to steam clean the carpets on the 2nd floor this coming weekend and then one will go up in the loft.

I think I'm going to start decorating this weekend.  I keep having this argument in my head:  you know, you should really celebrate Thanksgiving more as its OWN holiday:  no no no, you have a week less between Tday and Christmas as it is, just do it now!!!  :insane:

So, I think I might compromise and put up the inside stuff this weekend and then do the outside decorations the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  Or I'll cave and just do it all next week before Thursday.  I really need someone to make up my mind for me.  My Indian name would be "Too Many Choices". 

• Like 1

I am having a downer kinda day and I keep thinking I sure wish my tree was up. I am starting to panic about everyone coming for an extended stay at Thanksgiving and not being able to do my Christmas decorations while my son is home from college. I'm afraid everyone is going to overtake my house........sorry guys, just having one of those days. :-/
  • Like 1

We put ours up yesterday! I've never had the trees up before Thanksgiving, but since the holidays are so close together this year I figured why not! My son still needs to put up his bedroom tree and I still have a little table top tree to put out, along with the rest of the inside decorations but that's all going to wait until next Saturday.  For now we have the living room tree, family room tree, and the fireplace done, and then it's turkeys and pilgrims throughout the rest of the house. Lol

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/jakesmommy403/imagetree.jpg

Edited by jakesmommy403
  • Like 4

Well, since Thanksgiving is now at my house, I feel obligated to leave the turkeys alone (talking about decorations here...not family) until after their Big Day. I guess I'll get Christmas stuff out next week. Something about having a giant Christmas tree looming over the pilgrims attacks my OCD and I don't think I can make myself do it.

I never did find my giant blow-up turkey this year. I wanted one that was at least 8' tall. I have this image in my mind...where the gigantic turkey is towering over the nervous looking little pilgrims. I call it "Turkey's revenge". One of these years I'll bring it to fruition :)

• Like 3

Normally my tree is decorated for me by my grown children the Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving... but there is always a fight over the lights and how many and how to do it and WHO will take it down... well - no-one took it down last year - so I took the decorations off and left the lights on and left the tree up.... figuring SOMEONE would take it down for me - but they didn't... so since I have a lodge decor in the house - I just left it up! There it stands... so, I will decorate it at some point - or maybe just put one bulb on it and let it be a "Charlie Brown" tree and see what they all have to say about it... I normally have a winter-wonderland house - but this year I may just go with simple - since the taking it apart fell on me last year - and I just said NO!  Getting OLD has it's perks. ;)