How soon do you put up your Christmas tree

Jen08

So, I know this topic isn't related to Black Friday, but I didn't see the Holidays forum that is normally on here. I guess it hasn't opened up yet.  Anyway, so every year I put our tree up Thanksgiving weekend.  Primarily b/c I put up a real tree and don't want to buy it to early and then by Christmas day it look all dried up.  Over the weekend though, my 6 DS was really wanting me to go ahead and put up my fake tree that I put in the dining room.  It got me thinking that this year, I may just go ahead and put all my decorations out (except the real tree) maybe the 2nd weekend in November. I want to enjoy all my decorations that I have spent alot of money on, more than just 1 month.  I know I can leave them up after Christmas but by then I'm just ready to take it down and get back to some kind of normalcy.  I didn't know if anyone else put their's up early.

It's a BF tradition for me.  I put it up that Friday after I'm done shopping to help me get in xmas mode.  I keep them up until about the 2nd weekend in January.  I do, however, put my lights up the weekend prior to Thanksgiving.  I turn those on Thanksgiving Day right after dinner! :) (sometimes even as early as Thanksgiving Eve)

• Like 1

Generally the weekend after the first week of December (never Thanksgiving weekend).  I used to put the tree up a bit later so it would keep reasonably fresh through the 12th day of Christmas (Jan. 6), but my wife prefers earlier.  Probably December 7/8 this year.

We usually have the first fake tree up but not decorated before Thanksgiving then it gets decorated BF night after we have napped. The the second fake tree goes up within the next week or so along with the outside decorations and then if we get a real tree that's usually a few weeks for Christmas and then goes to the tree dump after the new year. Our front room where our large fake tree is has a winter/Christmas theme all year round. As a matter of fact this past year we left the giant tree up and took all the light and decorations off and my wife has put other things on it at various time. I'm huge into Christmas so I personally could leave it decorated all year lol.

This sounds a little silly. Usually we have several trees throughout the house. This year we are going to do a 'harvest' style tree before TG and then after turn it into a Christmas tree. We have some 'orange' lights we got on clearance over the years and some small fake pumpkins, corn, gourds and such to decorate. Maybe some white lights and fall foliage. We will see how it goes. I usually decorate the yard with a blow up balloon style 'Turkey' and use the orange lights to decorate bushes and walkways.

• Like 3

We usually decorate the 1st weekend in December but since Thanksgiving is later this year I may do it that weekend. We have an artificial tree and I would live to score another one at least 12 feet that's reasonably priced so I can put the 9 foot we currently have in the family room....I really should have looked during the post holiday sales last year.
  • Like 1

This sounds a little silly. Usually we have several trees throughout the house. This year we are going to do a 'harvest' style tree before TG and then after turn it into a Christmas tree. We have some 'orange' lights we got on clearance over the years and some small fake pumpkins, corn, gourds and such to decorate. Maybe some white lights and fall foliage. We will see how it goes. I usually decorate the yard with a blow up balloon style 'Turkey' and use the orange lights to decorate bushes and walkways.

I don't think this sounds silly at all!

In fact,I have always wanted to have a "Holi-Tree". Maybe not an evergreen tree and it definitely would be white,but one that you could leave up all year long and decorate according to the holiday! How cute would it be for New Year's (balloons,hats,noisemakers) then on to Valentine's Day, St. Patty's, Easter, Fourth of July (or maybe decorate it in red, white and blue for Memorial Day then leave up for 4th of July). Even decorate it for summer with bright colors,etc. and of course Halloween and Harvest. I just really enjoy holidays!

Let us know how yours turns out. Lucky you being able to do this!

I don't think this sounds silly at all!

In fact,I have always wanted to have a "Holi-Tree". Maybe not an evergreen tree and it definitely would be white,but one that you could leave up all year long and decorate according to the holiday! How cute would it be for New Year's (balloons,hats,noisemakers) then on to Valentine's Day, St. Patty's, Easter, Fourth of July (or maybe decorate it in red, white and blue for Memorial Day then leave up for 4th of July). Even decorate it for summer with bright colors,etc. and of course Halloween and Harvest. I just really enjoy holidays!

Let us know how yours turns out. Lucky you being able to do this!

I have one of those up now. It a leafless stick tree from pottery barn. I think it was around $75 & I use it almost all year. except for spring because its black. Right now it has orange ribbon and tarantulas on it, soon it will have xmas bulbs on it. I call it my "holiday tree".

The regular tree goes up the weekend before black Friday. It use to be the day after BF but i'm a hardcore shopper and generally haven't slept for 30 hours or so & I'm too tired to get it up. I'd put it up now if DH would let me!

• Like 1

Sounds cool! Post a pic, if you don't mind. I would live to see it! :)

We usually put our tree up December 1. I too am thinking of putting it up a little earlier this year. I think I might change it to BF starting this year. Can't wait...love the holidays!

Maybe Thanksgiving for us but it will depend on whether DH will want to get a live tree again this year (I was surprised when he said we should get one last year).  I better come up with a plan for rearranging our small living room area and start taking stock of what we have for decorations.  We could always use some more Chick-Fil-A cows.

• Like 1

I normally put our decorations up the week before Thaksgiving. We travel all over it seems like, Thanksgiving week (so we can get all family time in) so I want it up and ready to plug in when we get back home the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Just an unrelated note...It is getting harder and harder, with the kids getting older, to shop on BF and then hide the stuff in our vehicle during the ride home. ;)