Lounge Access, Custom Titles, Avatars & Private Message Limits

GottaDEAL

In order to get our forum users to become more active members, we have three "bonuses" that you will receive once you have made 25 posts on these forums AND have been a member for two weeks or longer. You will receive:

- the ability to create a custom title for yourself (instead of "Member")

- the ability to use a custom avatar for yourself (up to 120x120 pixels)

- an increase in your private message capacity (up to 5,000 messages)

We hope that these incentives will lead to increased use of the forums which will benefit everyone. If you have any questions about these bonuses, please let us know.

Also, we have an off-topic forum called the GottaTalk Lounge which will become accessible when you have been on the board for a couple weeks and have made several posts in the other forums. The criteria for Lounge access may change from time to time. Once you have met the criteria for Lounge access, the forum will be automatically open to you.

Please note that members found to be posting frequently solely to gain these priviledges will face possible banning.

Edited by Brad

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hmm, doesn't seem to work for me. When I click the user cp, still shows the same options.

Help, please?

If it's not a glitch, then it should be under User CP>Edit Profile and then right *above* the date of birth fields is an option to type in your custom title. :)

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

How do we get animated avatars? During my searching I could only find that they were not allowed but I have seen several animated ones on here that are not on the standard list.

The only animated avatars allowed are the ones in the standard categories. Any others you may see are either for admins, mods or retailer reps.

• 4 weeks later...

ok i think i am being stupid or something how do i edit the title of my thread like update post blah blah... I have been trying to figure it out and cant seem to get it

In the thread, you should be able to go to the Thread Tools drop down menu at the top and then "edit thread"

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to change the title under my name but I keep getting this:

vBulletin Message

You did not enter the correct format for the Anti-Spammer: Can you spell? field. Please read the field description for the expected format.

Even when I just try to reset it to the default message I get the same.

Is the Anti-Spammer giving me attitude?? :tongue1::D

I'm trying to change the title under my name but I keep getting this:

Even when I just try to reset it to the default message I get the same.

Is the Anti-Spammer giving me attitude?? :tongue1::D

Yes, you'll have to answer the anti-spammer question towards the bottom of the "edit profile" page:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

in order for it to save any other changes you make to that page. The anti-spammer thing is just temporary due to automated spam-bots being able to bypass the normal registration process. The only time you have to fill it in is at registration or the first time you need to make any changes to your profile.

Yes, you'll have to answer the anti-spammer question towards the bottom of the "edit profile" page:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

in order for it to save any other changes you make to that page. The anti-spammer thing is just temporary due to automated spam-bots being able to bypass the normal registration process. The only time you have to fill it in is at registration or the first time you need to make any changes to your profile.

Thanks!!

Guess I was blind.

• 2 years later...
I guess i should do some reading..lol... i spent the past hours trying to be able to use my own photo as my avatar but jsut could not figure out why i could not. Only a few more posts to go and i can do that! Thanks for the info!

• 1 year later...