How much shopping have you done so far?

Elmck

I'm really excited about how far along I am with both of my sons, but other than that I haven't shopped for anyone else.  I'm not even sure what I want to get for anyone this year.  The boys are all set with legos and action figures, all that fun kid stuff.  In fact, all I need for the 2 of them are the things I'm waiting on BF prices for, like video games, a 3DSXL and some board games.  Now as for the rest of my shopping...I need some ideas first!! I have to buy for my husband, my parents, and two brothers.  We don't have a big family, but still.  I have no clue this year. 

I am also about 90% plus done.  I started last Dec. 26th and have been picking up things throughout the year.   Will mostly be picking up things that are a good deal and that strike my fancy over the next couple of month.  Will probably be putting stuff away for 2014 gift giving.

But the excitement is building....I moved my 83 year old parents into the "Old People's Apartments"  6 months ago.  My parents now have separate bedrooms...which means my mother now has two double closets all to herself.  She told me Sunday that she got motivated to finally get organized and get rid of some boxes and that she was unpacking all weekend.   Yesterday,  my mother announced that she has all her "Christmas sweaters and holiday clothes hanging up  now and that she has plenty of room for her new Christmas clothing." .... then she started in with her...."I could be dead by then you know....If I had my beautiful new clothes now I could be enjoying them before I die......"  :gddrama:

Oooo!   Oooo!    I forgot!   I do need one more gift!!  Mom and dad discovered Wii bowling at the Old People's home.   Mom asked for a Wii  for Christmas so she practice between their weekly bowling matches.  :2roller: Any body have any suggestions on where I can get a a good used or refurbished Wii for a cheap price??   (I am NOT buying mom a brand new video game system when all these old people do is play bowling!!    I bought her a Nook two Christmas'  ago  and put 29  "The Cat Who..." books on it.  And all she does with it is play solitaire.   A refurbished Wii is good enough!)

I am also about 90% plus done.  I started last Dec. 26th and have been picking up things throughout the year.   Will mostly be picking up things that are a good deal and that strike my fancy over the next couple of month.  Will probably be putting stuff away for 2014 gift giving.

But the excitement is building....I moved my 83 year old parents into the "Old People's Apartments"  6 months ago.  My parents now have separate bedrooms...which means my mother now has two double closets all to herself.  She told me Sunday that she got motivated to finally get organized and get rid of some boxes and that she was unpacking all weekend.   Yesterday,  my mother announced that she has all her "Christmas sweaters and holiday clothes hanging up  now and that she has plenty of room for her new Christmas clothing." .... then she started in with her...."I could be dead by then you know....If I had my beautiful new clothes now I could be enjoying them before I die......"  :gddrama:

Oooo!   Oooo!    I forgot!   I do need one more gift!!  Mom and dad discovered Wii bowling at the Old People's home.   Mom asked for a Wii  for Christmas so she practice between their weekly bowling matches.  :2roller: Any body have any suggestions on where I can get a a good used or refurbished Wii for a cheap price??   (I am NOT buying mom a brand new video game system when all these old people do is play bowling!!    I bought her a Nook two Christmas'  ago  and put 29  "The Cat Who..." books on it.  And all she does with it is play solitaire.   A refurbished Wii is good enough!)

Gamestop usually has some pretty decent deals on refurbs and used and you can get a warranty on it if you're worried about it having issues.

I bought two co-workers gifts and got them at a steal!  I am going to look through my "gift closet" and see what I have.  I usually pick up some items not specifically for anyone in mind but, just to have on hand just in case someone pops by unexpected.  Like candles (got a great deal on some jar candles earlier this summer at Walgreens) Bath and Body Works during there semi-annual sale. I am always on the look out for a great deal!

We have already bought several things for our DS that is in college. We went to Dillard's and Belk and both were having amazing sales. We were able to buy several Ralph Lauren items for around 8.00! DS goes to college down south and these things were perfect. I spent about 80.00 for what would have been more like 600.00! Everything is what DS wears on a regular basis.

None. :( And I've been getting pretty worried on how I was going to manage Christmas gifts this year. But yesterday my amazing parents gave me and my sister $500 each for Christmas presents! So now I can start planning and shopping.

Both Xbox One and PS4 pre orders are sold out, and I'm still not sure I could get both anyway, so we might be having a second gift-giving time later.

• Like 2

I got a little more shopping done today, got the nerf rebelle heartbreaker bow for a little over $8. Its $15.99 at the store.  I used the new Target cartwheel coupon app which brought it to $13.59 (15% off app coupon), then the $5 off coupon http://coupons.target.com/toys-coupons?page=2 and then my redcard debit card.  Also I got Imaginext rescue city center which was $44.99, and they have two coupons for that one is $10 Target web coupon http://coupons.target.com/toys-coupons and $5 manufacturer coupon. (coupons.com) made it $29.99 plus the 5% savings from redcard.  Let the deals begin!!!

I got a little more shopping done today, got the nerf rebelle heartbreaker bow for a little over $8. Its $15.99 at the store.  I used the new Target cartwheel coupon app which brought it to $13.59 (15% off app coupon), then the $5 off coupon http://coupons.target.com/toys-coupons?page=2 and then my redcard debit card.  Also I got Imaginext rescue city center which was $44.99, and they have two coupons for that one is $10 Target web coupon http://coupons.target.com/toys-coupons and $5 manufacturer coupon. (coupons.com) made it $29.99 plus the 5% savings from redcard.  Let the deals begin!!!

Thanks for the info on the Nerf bow. I printed the coupon and used my 5% rewards to get one today. One more item off DD's list

Ok, I've been moving along with my shopping! Very happy to report that:

DS4 - DONE! (Whaaat!!?  Earliest I've ever been done with a kid!)

DS9 - Only need Skylanders Swap Force and 2 3DS games then done!

Mom - Got a great deal on a kitchenaid cookware set at Macys! DONE! 

DH - a few oddsy endsy things, still need a main present

So all I need to look for are things for my two brothers and my Dad, and DH's main present.  Then some little things like gifts for the dog and teachers.  Boom!

well the last birthday of my household was October 7th.  so i havent done any shopping....yet!  i am currently online looking at some deals at bath & body works.  my dd's (10 1/2 & 17) both go through lotion like crazy!  so even though it doesnt seem like an "exciting" gift, it is much appreciated and well used by them!!  lol.  and if nothing else, i have a list started.