How much shopping have you done so far?

Elmck

I started this past weekend and got a few gifts. I mainly shop on Saturdays between now and Christmas because life is just to busy to go out more than that. I would say I am about 5% done. Hope I can find some good deals online this year. I am checking here everyday!!!

I bought one movie that was on clearance.

We just had my husbands birthday and my middle son has his next month. I'm still undecided what to get him.

I don't really start until after Halloween.

ETA because I already forgot I hid them. HAHA I bought itunes cards that had a discount.

Edited by shopping4my3son

I have bought 3 kitchenaid mixers when they have been on sale for my sisters and my daughter. I have shopped for grandkids, son in law, hubby,  daughter in law or brothers. The brothers are easy gc from gander mtn or cabelas does it. Son wants a tablet so I am looking now.

None!  My daughter's birthday is next month so I am hoping that I can start very soon.

I am not really sure what to get though.  A lot of the stuff my boys (15 years) are wanting won't really be on sale BF, such as fishing stuff and camo stuff.  They do want a laptop but not sure whether to get them BF or go put one on layaway.  I want one with HDMI output that is a decent computer. 

My daughter has mentioned several things and a couple of them I may can get BF, but not sure.  She is wanting a dollhouse, a kitchen, and she has mentioned a few other things.

OH yeah, I forgot that 2 of the kids has mentioned a game system.  I have also thought about getting them a basketball goal (one of the nice ones).

Edited by starbeck96

I have to wait until closer to Christmas. I switch my hiding spots yearly because the girls like to snoop and end up losing presents. Last year when I was getting out the gifts to wrap I found 4 DS games from the previous year. On a good note I did just find 3 Itunes GC's I hid in the glove box of my car. They were supposed to be stocking stuffers last year.

I am about 90% done, just a couple of gifts for my 4 mth old, a 3ds for my son, a purse for my Mon, and something for my Dad. Oh I need stocking stuffers too.

Did you say 90% done ? Doesn't that rub you all the fun for Black Friday sale ?

I've done good on stocking stutters so far since I've bought all year long. I have to buy for 10 stockings so it helps to not wait til last minute. Other than that, I've bought 6 gifts so far. I obviously have ALOT to still do. LOL! I'm trying to hold out for BF though since that's when I get the best deals and the most done. I'll still pick stuff up before then though.

I have not started yet, waiting on some deals on the 3ds xl and aside from that, no one seems to know what in the world they want for Christmas.  When I ask them, they make me feel like "Mom its only September, I have plenty of time to decide."  I am so not a last minute shopper, but I don't want to get them toys that they're not going to play with.  I am finally learning if they don't bug me to death about, they don't really want it and its just going to collect dust in their room.

• Like 2

I've got most of my stocking stuffers for free or almost free using coupons throughout the year.  I've also bought my 2 gdaughters levi jeans at sam's for $13 and plain tshirts (I am taking them to a printer and getting special messages on them, plus the baby), I've got the supplies to make my nieces, all three of my sons' gfriends and my mom's presents. 

• Like 2

None!  My daughter's birthday is next month so I am hoping that I can start very soon.

I am not really sure what to get though.  A lot of the stuff my boys (15 years) are wanting won't really be on sale BF, such as fishing stuff and camo stuff.  They do want a laptop but not sure whether to get them BF or go put one on layaway.  I want one with HDMI output that is a decent computer. 

My daughter has mentioned several things and a couple of them I may can get BF, but not sure.  She is wanting a dollhouse, a kitchen, and she has mentioned a few other things.

OH yeah, I forgot that 2 of the kids has mentioned a game system.  I have also thought about getting them a basketball goal (one of the nice ones).

The sporting goods items do go on black Friday...My son's were into those a few years back and I got good deals on them on BF at Wal-Mart, Meijer's and Dick's sporting goods :)

I got my DD10 a few more things yesterday. I went ahead and bought the bracelet loom maker and the rubber bands for it at TRU on Saturday and they went on sale today. Thankfully the 20% off I used yesterday ended up being about the same as the deal in the ad. I also went to Michaels and got her a few things from there. I really am trying hard to do some each week so I can enjoy the shopping. 

The sporting goods items do go on black Friday...My son's were into those a few years back and I got good deals on them on BF at Wal-Mart, Meijer's and Dick's sporting goods :)

I've got most of my stocking stuffers for free or almost free using coupons throughout the year. I've also bought my 2 gdaughters levi jeans at sam's for $13 and plain tshirts (I am taking them to a printer and getting special messages on them, plus the baby), I've got the supplies to make my nieces, all three of my sons' gfriends and my mom's presents.

I think that's awesome! I love doing that, buying something very inexpensive and with a little creativity making it a really nice gift :)

I've only started on DD. I got her a 5pk monster high doll set and Lego friends stables. Both were on sale and i couldn't pass it up. I also got her some monster high items in the dollar spot for her stocking. DS's bday is coming up soon, so everything i have for him so far is or that.

I haven't technically bought anything. I did, this past weekend, put a layaway on at Walmart and Kmart. My dd5 is easy, my dd11 is the hardest. I do know I will get her a mannequin head, but I don't know what to get her to go with besides hair rollers and clips. She likes to do hair, so I figured that would be a great gift, but I'm not comfortable getting her hot curling irons.