Early Black Friday Predictions for 2013

bpr

We see this type of thread each year, so I figured I'd start it. What are your predictions for BF this year? New 4K HDTVs are coming, but I don't think we'll see much on these. It could help push the price down on current models though. I think we might actually see some 60 inch TVs for $500-600. Laptops were seen for under $200 last year; odds are we will see it again. What are your thoughts on pricing this year?

• Like 1

I expect it to be a good year for electronics. Deals on tablets 99ish price, probably some sort of deal with the kindle fires. Giftcards with ipod purchases.Tvs should be lower then last year, as well as digital cameras. Same for gaming systems since new ones are coming out!

• Like 1

I might be tempted for one of those tv's:) I'm going to say buy 1 get 2 free candles and wrapping paper at Walgreens. Hopefully the newly released disney movies on bluray get discounted.

Good luck with that, lol. Actually, Home on the Range and a few others I have seen have under $15 lately. I say if you see them now, don't wait. Amazon marks them down randomly. Keep an eye out.

Edited by bpr

We see this type of thread each year, so I figured I'd start it. What are your predictions for BF this year? New 4K HDTVs are coming, but I don't think we'll see much on these. It could help push the price down on current models though. I think we might actually see some 60 inch TVs for $500-600. Laptops were seen for under $200 last year; odds are we will see it again. What are your thoughts on pricing this year?

$600 is a possibility, since we have already seen open box units for sale at $650 (returns). I would definitely flip my 50 inch if one comes into that range....

$600 is a possibility, since we have already seen open box units for sale at $650 (returns). I would definitely flip my 50 inch if one comes into that range....

Not sure if I would with the new 4k HDs coming out (though 50 to 60 is a big jump). I think I'm done w/ TVs for now. I got the 50 inch Toshiba last year for my DS, but I have a 55 inch Sony, so I'm not really in the market. Looking for a new Fridge and stackable washer & dryer.

• Like 1

Not sure if I would with the new 4k HDs coming out (though 50 to 60 is a big jump). I think I'm done w/ TVs for now. I got the 50 inch Toshiba last year for my DS, but I have a 55 inch Sony, so I'm not really in the market. Looking for a new Fridge and stackable washer & dryer.

With a 55, you would be in the same boat if a 70 inch came into your price range. I cannot even fathom that jump just yet! The fridge is a solid choice and mostly overlooked by most shoppers.

• Like 1

With a 55, you would be in the same boat if a 70 inch came into your price range. I cannot even fathom that jump just yet! The fridge is a solid choice and mostly overlooked by most shoppers.

I saw the replacement just the other day; a 70 inch Sony 3D :trampolin  lol. But seriously, I'll probably wait for the 4Ks to come down in price. I need to do some home upgrades first. ;)

My BF prediction is the sales at the Premium Outlet centers will be the same as they've been in the past.  Expect to see deals from Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Yankee Candle, Nike, and others that have remained consistant since its inception.  Unless there is something that I absolutely need or a surprise sale that is a "can't miss", I will not be making the field trip to the outlets this year on BF.

Things can't get much cheaper on the low end it seems. We've seen sub $50 blu-ray players and sub $200 laptops. Even tablet prices have dropped (though not the bigger names). How much lower will blu-ray players and laptops go? Maybe a $150 laptop?

Things can't get much cheaper on the low end it seems. We've seen sub $50 blu-ray players and sub $200 laptops. Even tablet prices have dropped (though not the bigger names). How much lower will blu-ray players and laptops go? Maybe a $150 laptop?

I would hope so, but there has to be movement on ultrabooks sometime soon, otherwise, you may see some deals on the Chromebooks for about $150-$175, or possibly full price with a GC.

I would hope so, but there has to be movement on ultrabooks sometime soon, otherwise, you may see some deals on the Chromebooks for about $150-$175, or possibly full price with a GC.

I thought there was a Chromebook last year for $150? Then again, I wasn't looking so I don't really recall. Yeah, I can see ultrabooks coming down in price. I beleive we saw $199 desktop PCs in the last year or so, though not good for much other than surfing, lol. 

• 2 weeks later...