old or new leapster version

lenora

I don't think they mean the L-Max. At my Walmart there is a newer designed Leapster, same as the old Leapster, just looks different. We have the older one, my littlest loves it. He actually loved our first one to death, literally, but I sent off an email to leapfrog and they sent me a brand new one at no charge.

The rectangular one looks a little smaller, which may make it easier for little hands to hold.

I noticed that TRU and Wal-Mart both carry the new leapster (smaller and rectangular) and the older leapster version. Any opinions on which is better?

I am so sorry to but in here but, someone please tell me

what/who is TRU? I have see that abbreviation all over this forums and no idea who they are! :giggle:

If you are talking about the L-Max it was my understanding that there are areas of the games that you can only reach by playing on the TV, you cannot access them with the Leapster although the games are interchangable. Of course, I've been wrong many many times before so maybe this isn't the case.

I am not referring to the L-Max. I do not want anything else plugged into the TV. My WalMart and the TRU website both carry an old and new version of the leapster. I heard that they changed the style to accomodate smaller hands. I am looking for a young 4 year old and didn't know if anyone who may have knowledge of both styles had a preference. The new version does have a smaller screen, but I'm not sure how much that really matters.