Strange (stupid I guess) things you saw in line?

alimfp

went to Filenes and wanted to get a coffee maker. It was on sale and they had a $10 coupon in their flyer. They also had a 20% coupon. I wanted to use either one and was told that since the coffee maker had a plug it was considered a small electronics. Imagine a coffee maker is now an electronics. The woman behind me was very upset. She tryed to use the coupon in all the other departments but was told the coupons were not accepted. You couldn't use them on clothes, Small and large electronics, jewlery, perfume, most of the items were not allowed. I looked at the cashier and told him to take the item and the coupons. The lady behind me dropped her stuff on the floor and left. I guess if you want a deal at Filenes don't try to use a coupon. They are not good on anything. Just needed to vent.

While waiting in line, I saw this lady wearing some Mariah Carey "glitter" shirt carrying a baby who was screaming. The baby looked so uncomfortable and she was not supporting his head properly, poor baby looked like his neck would be really hurting later. She didn't seem to be paying attention at all to the baby and he looked so hungry.

I kept on watching her to see if she would eventually get a clue and I pointed her out to my wife and my wife couldn't believe it either. After around 15 minutes of this, I told my wife that I had to do something about it. I walked right up to her and told her that "Glitter" was a really bad movie and she shouldn't be wearing that shirt.

I sure felt better after that.

gaz

very peaceful except three line cutters but they were put back in place.two of them would have gotten our laptops if i (and others)didn't say anything. (thanks to those ppl backing me up. THANK YOU THANK YOU) one guy showed up in a kilt. that was the only weird thing at my bb.everyone was clean no trash left. cops kept other line cutters out. Thank you Baytown police.:yelclap:

I got to Walmart at about 2:30 and there was a lady there on a bench she was my age about my size (plus sized) and she did nothing but B*tch the whole time about the cold! First she was wearing slippers! DUH Then she was complaining about her knee I guess it's bad and she needs a electric shopping cart. Man you should have heard her when they let a 80 year old lady in to sit down and a few minutes before the doors opened they got her a electric cart. Then she picked out a little short 95 pound lady at the front and keep leaning on her. (total Stranger!) Finally that lady told her that when the doors opened that she better get off because she was not helping her through the doors. Man but I see she moving pretty quick when the doors opened! Some people have balls the size of bowling balls I swear. I was the same age and the same size and I managed to stand there for 2 hours all by myself! And I got eveything I needed!

My group got in line at around 10 p.m. and were about 12-16th in line. At about 2 am this group of 6 or 7 Jamacian (sp?) women show up and just step in line in front of us. By this point there is at least 20 people behind us, and everyone starts after them about cutting. All but 2 of the women get up and go to the end of the line. (Only after what I can assume was cussing in a different language). People start talking to the other two ladies who are still in front of us. They claim that they had driven by earlier that night and saw the line, then they left to go pick up the rest of their people and that if they had stayed that would have been their spot in line. They said that they should get their spot in line even though they didnt leave anyone and noone had even seen them let alone saved their spots. We finally left them alone until security came out at like 4 am and then the WHOLE line started complaining. These ladies claimed that since our line system was different then theirs that they should get their way. The security guards pulled the 2 ladies aside and then they walked away but not before going down the line and claiming they had gotten their labtop. (The security guy says they didnt get one) but who knows? In the end we got everything we wanted so I cant complain but I really dont understand rude people or trying to cut. You get there early you get the worm.

My neighbor was at TRU last year and a bunch of guys drove by the line before opening and "mooned" everyone. LOL. Funny thing was, the entrance to TRU is the exit too. They thought they could moon and get the heck out of there. Little did they know they had to do a turn around and drive right passed the line again

Way to funny!!!:gd_shake:

While standing in line at BB in Little Rock, there was 2 women in a Town Car tried to pull up on the sidewalk. When she saw that she could not get the car up there she tried a running start at the still sidewalk couldn't so they parked the car on the curb in the fire lane. When people showed in they would get out and told them that they were behind them. Every time the line moved up the car moved up. The police came by but never said anything to them about being in the fire lane.

While standing in line at BB in Little Rock, there was 2 women in a Town Car tried to pull up on the sidewalk. When she saw that she could not get the car up there she tried a running start at the still sidewalk couldn't so they parked the car on the curb in the fire lane. When people showed in they would get out and told them that they were behind them. Every time the line moved up the car moved up. The police came by but never said anything to them about being in the fire lane.

In this day and age, I'd be worried that the women would want to mow people down in the Town Car!!!

But maybe I'm just http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileys/Nasties/13.gif

That is hilarious!

Mine wasnt that great but it was vindicating LOL///Got cut by one person just as the doors opened. Was ticked but was hardly going to stop and argue...about 30 seconds after the lady shoved past me the line from the other door broke free and a VERY big girl pushing a cart at top speed while chatting on a cell phone mowed over the chick that cut me. Hit her hard enough the cart over turned...Dont think i have ever got to see karma work that fast! :)

I have never posted before, but this thread inspired me. I am not even sure if anyone will read it being this far down on the list, but here I go anyway.

While I completely agree about newborns being under dressed I do think some people blow this a little out of proportion. I took my 10 month son with me last year, and it was a great experience. He was totally bundeled up and he behaved wonderfully. I did get one comment about him being out so early, but hey he would have been awake at home anyway at 5 AM so what was the difference? And as far as taking him out in the cold goes, we live in Wisconsin. If I went by that thinking we would never leave the house from November through April. Not very realistic.

I also need to add that I am guilty of taking my now 21 month old son out in the cold without a hat. The reason? Now that he is older, he simply will not wear it. He hates it with a passion. I get dirty looks from little old ladies all the time. I know what they are thinking. But really, it is just from the house to the car and the car to the store. Not long exposure. And to further defend myself, I consulted my pediatrician about this and he told me not to worry about my sons temperature. He said if the baby is cold he will let you know. Babies are very good about that, complaining when they are uncomfortable. I have decided that he is probably right.

At Office Depot, the lady in front of us in line had a camera and the 1 GB SD Card. She got all bent out of shape because she wanted her $75 MIR to be credited on the spot. Both the cashier and the manager told her that wasn't going to happen, customer had apparently read just the front of the ad and not the "inside" where it states the conditions of the $75 discount.

So she told 'em they could keep the camer and the 1 GB SD card. Cashier takes both to hand to the manager to put back on the shelf.

I said loudly.... "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! If she's not buying the SD card, I will!" (I couldn't find any on the shelf earlier...)

Get a clue lady, read the whole ad next time! Then you can sleep in on BF!

lmao on thanksgiving i was told they cant advertise the price "final price"if it included the mir.however when looking at the add that did list it that way i even said who will argue that on bf and theres no time for that...and the price is good as is...BUT when at sears...they gave it for the price advertised!!!:)we didnt even ask about it.(nor would we have) it was just that way...i think its a state law though about them not being able to advertize final price and have it include a mir.

You are entitled to your opinion, if you want to pm me about my parenting, then please do! No need to take it public!!! Every situation is different, if you don't know everything than you shouldn't blast people! If I lived in Hawaii where it was 65*, I guess, it would still be wrong, eh? :yuck:

I totally agree booterbunz, I took my son with me shopping. I guess I am a bad parent also ;) , some people know it all.