Strange (stupid I guess) things you saw in line?

alimfp

One of the strange things (that got a few people mad in fact) I saw.. this guy and his girlfriend/wife/whatever brought their new baby. No big deal until you see the baby, very much a newborn, with no hat on (and it had little to no hair) and just a thin onesie with a thin blanket over her legs. I thought it was a doll at first, but no - it was real.

Here I was in a shirt, sweatshirt and a nice thick coat, along with long pants, pair of socks and my tennis shoes - and I was freezing! The mother in me just wanted to ask those people wth their problem was. I understand in a way bringing a child with you, when you have no sitter for them.. but dress them appropriately! :wife:

One of the strange things (that got a few people mad in fact) I saw.. this guy and his girlfriend/wife/whatever brought their new baby. No big deal until you see the baby, very much a newborn, with no hat on (and it had little to no hair) and just a thin onesie with a thin blanket over her legs. I thought it was a doll at first, but no - it was real.

Here I was in a shirt, sweatshirt and a nice thick coat, along with long pants, pair of socks and my tennis shoes - and I was freezing! The mother in me just wanted to ask those people wth their problem was. I understand in a way bringing a child with you, when you have no sitter for them.. but dress them appropriately! :wife:

oh, that is awful, you would think that only one of them would have went if they didn't have a sitter, waiting out in the cold is no place for a baby, especially a newborn, poor thing.

somebody playing a dvd movie very loud that cut to an r rated sex scene. somebody here also brought a newborn baby at 11pm, then after a few hours decided it was a pretty bad idea and took them home. circuit city is no place to be on black friday for kids, much less trying to carry a baby through there.

Ditto, we saw the same. There was a lady that was in line earlier than 4am. She had a tiny baby and only had a thin little blanket on her. UGH!!! And next week the mom will be wandering why the baby's in the hospital with pneumonia. :mad: GET A CLUE!!

Also, got very ill in the mall restrooms. I had just come out of a stall and a little girl and her mother walked in. The little girl was probably 3 or so. The little girl was crying before she ever came in the door b/c she had to pee so bad. And by how upset she seemed it looked like she had to pee for awhile. Well, there were 3 0r 4 other women in line ahead of her, but they were gonna let her go b/c bless her heart she looked so pitiful. Well, the little girl wasn't able to hold it and ended up peeing all over herself. When the mom saw this she started yelling at the little girl and they left the bathroom. First off, things happen with little ones. Second, by how upset she was you could tell the little girl had been holding it awhile. The mom probably wouldn't take her b/c she was too busy shopping. So, it was probably mostly the moms fault for not taking her sooner. But there was no reason at all to start yelling at the little girl. She was already so upset. I just wanted to go yell at the mom for making the scene that she did.

Guest all2tired
I can't believe that these parents don't dress their babies for the weather! How irresponsible can you get. These same people will probably leave their child in the car during the summer with the windows up and car off. The lady who was with her SO should have had him stay home with the baby or she should have stayed home while he went. The little girl who wet herself...I feel sorry for her. So many adults don't realize that little ones can't hold it as long or as well as adults or should I say most adults. LOL Anyway, i feel bad for all of those kids. It's just horrible and unacceptable

I took dd with me and was in line at 4am this morning, but we were right at the door that was open and the heater was cranking! She was bundled up like the little kid in a Christmas story and was quite warm actually!! But she's also not a newborn, she's 20 months old! If it were too cold, and nowhere warm for her, then I possibly would have waited to go shopping. I tried for a sitter for the last 2 weeks, none was available and dh is in Iraq! :) It was also peaceful at the px this morning, I missed the Walmart rush, so she wasn't in harms way! But I also saw little kids in their jammies, nothing else in 40* weather and only like 2 smaller babies..but that was later in the day!

Well, the little girl wasn't able to hold it and ended up peeing all over herself. When the mom saw this she started yelling at the little girl and they left the bathroom. First off, things happen with little ones. Second, by how upset she was you could tell the little girl had been holding it awhile. The mom probably wouldn't take her b/c she was too busy shopping. So, it was probably mostly the moms fault for not taking her sooner. But there was no reason at all to start yelling at the little girl. She was already so upset. I just wanted to go yell at the mom for making the scene that she did.

This breaks my heart. :( My daughter is 2 and I just cant imagine doing this to her. Also with the lil ones out in the cold. I had no one to leave her with so I didnt go anywhere.

I saw a group of guys build a fire with the newspaper ads n such at about 2am. When the employees came out to chit chat with us, they were pretty shocked lol. It was obviously illegal.

Wish I had thought of doing that with the discarded dunkin donuts containers, best buy ads and coffee cups lying around ;)

At Office Depot, the lady in front of us in line had a camera and the 1 GB SD Card. She got all bent out of shape because she wanted her $75 MIR to be credited on the spot. Both the cashier and the manager told her that wasn't going to happen, customer had apparently read just the front of the ad and not the "inside" where it states the conditions of the $75 discount.

So she told 'em they could keep the camer and the 1 GB SD card. Cashier takes both to hand to the manager to put back on the shelf.

I said loudly.... "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! If she's not buying the SD card, I will!" (I couldn't find any on the shelf earlier...)

Get a clue lady, read the whole ad next time! Then you can sleep in on BF!

Oh yeah....the infants.

I live in Forest Park, IL. Minutes out of Chicago. It was about 10 degrees outside. I couldn't feel my face or my feet and these people were standing outside....in line...with ITTY BITTY BABIES. It doesn't matter how much you cover them. It was simply too damn cold!

people were bundled up to the hilt around here it was 22 degrees with windchill even lower .. i saw husbands and wives wrapped together standing in comforters. there were several people in scary looking robber style ski masks..lol we were dressed for it including these little heat packs you hold in your hands my daughter brought along. those were good. we were joking after a while. my niece in her 20's claimed her toes were at the Mr. Deeds stage. you could bang them with a hammer and she wouldnt feel them. I was thinking how nice it would be if we had berkas for the day... it was bitter cold. everyone behaved where i was. there were a couple of losers who came when the line was moving and just started walking with the crowd. I think they had it planned they didnt try it at the front of the line but at the middle. they were like 5 people ahead of me and we were moving so you just had to grin and bare it. kathy

I saw the saddest thing at Target. There was a lady and her husband and two little kids, both under 3. She had them in a shopping cart waiting in line with the rest of us. Well when they opened the doors, a few people started running and this lady took off with them, when she got in the store, she tried to take a corner and head to the left where the toy aisle is and the cart turned over very loudly and two little ones spilled out onto the floor. Four or five of the women stopped immediately and we went to the kids to help pick them off the floor, the mom was yelling at the husband to do the shopping. She yelled at us to get back and scooped them in the cart and stood it back up and took off again. Those kids were screaming at the top of their lungs. Luckily, a store manager and security guard saw them and took off after the mother.

I was so pissed, I wanted to leave right then, but dh wanted to get finished with the shopping. There isn't a sale on earth that would make me do that to my kids! It just broke my heart!

In my line at BB, we had these 2 kids, they looked to be in HS, come up with a camcorder saying people look cold and should do some exercise to warm up. The guy next to me told the kids to go up further in line as his friend was up there and would do anything. So they did jumping jacks and stuff like that while the other guy filmed them. It was entertaining for a bit and helped pass the time. Don't know what the video was for though.

I saw the saddest thing at Target. There was a lady and her husband and two little kids, both under 3. She had them in a shopping cart waiting in line with the rest of us. Well when they opened the doors, a few people started running and this lady took off with them, when she got in the store, she tried to take a corner and head to the left where the toy aisle is and the cart turned over very loudly and two little ones spilled out onto the floor. Four or five of the women stopped immediately and we went to the kids to help pick them off the floor, the mom was yelling at the husband to do the shopping. She yelled at us to get back and scooped them in the cart and stood it back up and took off again. Those kids were screaming at the top of their lungs. Luckily, a store manager and security guard saw them and took off after the mother.

I was so pissed, I wanted to leave right then, but dh wanted to get finished with the shopping. There isn't a sale on earth that would make me do that to my kids! It just broke my heart!

Thats horrible! OMG,I cant imagine what i would do if my cart fell over with my kids in it, but I know i would stop! Check on them first, make sureeveryone was ok, My goodness!