Another reason to hate CC

m61376

you guys will love this story- I went to the Hicksville CC and spoke with the manager, requesting a price match on the 42" Sony TV that I had bought less than 2 weeks ago and that is on sale at PCRichards for $220 less. Although their sign states "Price Match Plus If you find a lower price within 30 days we'll refund 110% of the difference Guaranteed" with nothing else- no *, exclusions or anything on the sign, he maintained that it was below their cost and refused to do a price adjustment on an item purchased less than 2 weeks ago.

He was willing to take it back and issue a full refund, including picking it up and the original delivery charges...he'd prefer that, to be stuck now with an open box unit, than to honor his company's stated price match policy...is that unbelievable?!?!

Ultimately, after over an hour on the phone switching from one number to another number (oh- the manager gave me the number for the corporate office at my request, but it was really their off-shore service number...grrrrrrr....)I did reach a customer service representative; after asking to speak to a supervisor, she did ultimately agree to issue a credit. However, their 110% price match policy doesn't include refunding the sales tax paid on the price difference.

All in all, dealing with Circuit City has been a less than pleasant experience and I will not be patronizing them in the future.:mad: