Vote for the best BF store of 2005

Guest Frieked

Which store had the best BF this year?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Which store had the best BF this year?

• Best Buy
    • Circuit City
    • Compusa
    • Kmart
    • Target
    • Toys r us
    • Walmart
    • Other (specify below)

Kohl's was VERY organized here. I liked the 1 line for 6 checkout system to make the wait time fair to everyone. All items in stock except the sewing machine.

Wal Mart had good quantities late morning.

Meijer had everything on the list-even a good selection of video games at 11:00.

Target was the pits-NOTHING in stock.

Staples! Very organized...manager came outside about 30 minutes prior to opening and handed out coupons to those in line for the items we wanted to buy. When 5am rolled around we were told if we had the coupon in hand we were getting the item. .....the doors opened and we were directed to the very back of the store (a stockroom blocked by a table), handed our coupons over, employees retrieved our items, and away we went with items in hand.

Compared to my Walmart and Target experience I say Staples did a very good job!:trampolin

I enjoyed Meijer, because it is a 24 hr store and we could wait inside and shop while we were waiting. I put most of what i wanted in my cart at about 3:30 a.m., and only had to wait until 5:00 a.m. for the mp3 player to be brought out. i was outta there by 5:17, in ample time to be first in line at radioshack in our local mall. hit that and sears, and still made it to office max before it opened at 7:00 a.m. wheee!!!

My Walmart out done themselves. Allow all the BF shoppers in the store at 1:30am to get any BF item from the pallets and put them in our carts. Only the Laptops were not available. $398 desktop computers on pallets, tvs, Portable Dvd/Cd players, toys, etc. No running or pushing to get items. I got to shop peacefully and w/o pressure.

Price matched all my items. (Walgreens lipsticks, coffee, and detergents).

Every register open. Got out of there quickly and cops in parking lot. One walked me as I was alone. Couldn't have asked for a better experience for the first BF

Toys R Us was amazing today. They are right next to my WalMart. I got there about 10 minutes before the stores opened and Toys R Us only had 10 people waiting outside. I got to Toys R Us at about 5:45 and it was nearly empty. I was able to find everything I needed and when I checked out I was second in line. It went very fast.

My target sucked today. I got there around 9:30 and they only had a few sets of womens pajamas, none any size I needed, no more sleeper blankets pajamas for boys and I couldnt find the 3 for $5 candy anywhere. I was happy that they opened up the video game cabinets and let you take what you needed instead of waiting for a employee to help you and unlock the doors.

I gotta say Toys R Us on this one. I drove by BB to see if it would even be worth it trying to get in when they opened and that was a joke. So, I went up to Toys R Us since they were not going to open for another hour. The line was barely there so I waited in the car with my 2 kids until 1/2 hour before they opened. The line started growing so we got out and only had to wait for about 15 minutes before they opened the doors early!!!!!! Yeah!!!!! Everything was neat and employees were all around and very helpful. I was in and out in 10 minutes flat......so unlike the 1 1/2 hours I was in the checkout line for BB.

wal-mart was great... I'm glad best buy ended up being so full and I ended up with that HP... in hindsight it seems like the better of the two models for what I'm using it for, the basics.. better processor, better battery life, one year warrenty, and much better looking, not to mention there were more in stock and the store was open all night.

I have to say it was Kohl's. Even though I waited in line for 45 minutes to check out. It certainly didn't seem like that. The mall was horrible, I think that it housed the rudest people out that day. On my way home I stopped at another Kohl's to check out the rest of the sale. They had extended their early birds till 2:00! It was great!

Meijer wins hands down! We were there at 3:30am and got everything we wanted. No standing in the freezing cold for us there! We were the first people to check out at 5:01am :g_clap:

Target comes in a close second! Even though it was a major traffic jam inside the store, everyone was friendly, we helped some people out, and the employees were great! We waited in line there for maybe 10 minutes max!

Finding it difficult to say also, but Walmart

in SC did a fantastic job!

Lots of merchandise, lines for the hot items

like the laptop far away from where the other

stuff was, price matching, AND

unwrapping the pallets a few minutes

beforehand. :)

Plus, folks were just NICE to each other.

It was a great experience.

Sears. Plenty of advertised merchandise. Also KB. I had a wonderful shopping experience at KB Toys. It was so nice not to be in an over crowded store. Helpful employees at both Sears and KB.

Edited to add that the Walmart we went to was terrible. I don't think they had a good supply of the sales items because they were out of every single thing I went after. I must not have been the only person that was disappointed at Walmart. I heard plenty of people complaining about Walmart and their lack of merchandise while I was in Sears.