The OFFICIAL "What I tried for but didn't get" thread

Guest Frieked

OK, so mine wasn't a big ticket item, the Star Wars X-Wing legos at TRU. I would have been there in time if my lovely MIL hadn't insisted that I waste half an hour looking for her in the Meyer & Frank line because she showed up late and then forgot to get her cell phone out of the car and then needed to whine to me about how she really needed me to stand in line with her (I was dropping off two of my kids as a favor already) so that she could get a fifteen dollar gift certificate to buy my christmas present with.

What?

I wanted to tell her to just be a cheap witch and get me a package of ugly socks again! I just can't figure this woman out at all. She insists on shopping at the most expensive store in the mall, whines to me about how my husband & I are crappy parents because I stay at home and he doesn't make enough money to buy our kids a bunch of unnessessary crap or a new car or whatever the money issue of the moment is, but she wants to spoil my kids' Christmas (they went with her so that she could buy them clothes at the above mentioned store and earn it by standing in line for their $15 gift certificates) by telling me that instead getting the kids something they really want, I need to take care of what she wants to do. This is of course after I asked her if she was going out and she told me no, so I invited her to go with me. What a mistake! I hope she feels like an idiot because she was something close to 500th in line, so she wouldn't get any gift certificates anyway and then my kids hated all the slutty clothes that she wanted to buy them! Arg! I should have known better than to try and invite her to do anything with my family - it always ends up with something stupid to hurt my feelings or keep me from taking care of the kids so that she can do it her way. If I would have kept my mouth shut and let the older kids go to TRU while I hit Walmart and Target like I had originally planned, things would have gone just fine. It's not like she actually needs the discount. She is getting one present from my FIL that covers my whole budget for 5 kids. You would think she might clue into that since she tells me all the time how wrong it is for my husband and I not to dump our kids off to be raised by other people so that we can make enough money to look as pretentious and cool as she does.

Why do I try when all she cares about is money? Can she not get a clue that she rarely sees her grandkids because it always turns into a gripefest about how we don't spend enough money on our kids (one kid had to pay her own way to camp because her dad and I could only pay for one summer camp, not the three different ones she wanted -so we're bad parents. Our 8 year old only got a good quality cd player for her birthday and a homemade cake instead of a lot of presents and some nasty buttercream covered concoction - so we're bad parents.)

OK I'm done venting now. Thank you all for putting up with this, my poor husband doesn't need to hear it again, he knows it better than I do.

BB Desktop. Even in our small community, they were already to the corner of the building at 2:30 AM. My DH now believes me that we have to camp out if we want something from BB on BF. LOL We only had the minimum on both the laptops and Desktops, so a lot of people were SOL this AM. We left at about 3:00 after a BB employee walked by and my DH asked him if they had enough desktops and/or laptops to cover all of the people already there and he said "Nope. if you are not up there (pointed to the front door) you won't get one. We only got the 20 each listed in the paper." So, we hopped into our warm truck and went to OD.

Really wanted the emachine for Mom, but when I saw the line at BB, I said "forget it!" And to think that on Wednesday, the sales associate suggested getting in line around 4 a.m. :(

Not that I didn't read all the posts about getting in line early, but around here, no one used to camp out all night before BF!

I just got an email from BB stating they cancelled my order for the Toshiba

laptop since they had no more in stock. Well it was worth a try to buy it online last night, and especially because it was offered at the BB store this morning only. Well I least didn't get up early, then go to BB, and be disappointed that I waited and still didn't get one. I'll probably go to Dell's website and order one.

:(

didnt get the emachine. I got to BB at 3 , I was maybe 70th in line....they handed out the tickets at 3:30, well thats what they were doing at the front of the line...we found this out when the tv ticket girl came out at 4:30 to do her thing and mentioned that the tickets for the emachines had already been handed out at 3:30 and there were none left! Coulda told us at 3:30 and saved me an hour of freezing!!!! Oh well......wasnt meant to be I guess.

I missed out on the Panasonic PV-GS31 Camcorder at Best Buy. I went to CC first to get the 15" Polaroid LCD HD TV (the pictures great!) and found out they handed out vouchers for them at 4:00 a.m.. I was in line at 4:45 and was NOT one of the ones to receive a voucher. I was ticked. I didn't know they handed out vouchers or I would have gotten in line earlier, gotten the voucher and left and come back later.

A crappy experience for me overall. But there was a very nice man in the Christmas spirit who got a voucher for the TV and was purchasing a larger TV so gave me the 15" voucher. How nice was that???

Otherwise, I would have lost out on almost all the things I wanted. Bless that mans heart!

I was the second to last person to get the camera I wanted from Office Depot for $125 bucks and my Mom was able to get me an 100 gig external hard drive from CC for $39.99.

I'm not sure I'll ever do BF again thats for sure! It was my first experience and it'll probably be my last!

Playskool discovery table at Sears. After being shuffled back and forth between the toy area and infants, I learn that they never even got any in. I checked to see if they would rain check, because in years past they have. I was told there would be no rain checks as it was limited quantites only.

Um, don't you have to get them in first to be limited. :fryingpan

Kmart was sold out as well.

Thrilled to say nothing! My sister and I started at one mall in St Louis at 9pm. We got to BB and there were already 40 people, two bonfires and one LARGE portable kerosene heater. CC at that mall had 10. So we moved to a different side of town. And then we moved and became 8th at BB and 1st at CC!! So we got everything. BB Kodak C360, 3 emachines, 4 laptops and countless other small items. At CC we got both Sirius and XM radio for free, 5 or 6 memory discs, dvd, cd's and 4 laptops. Yeah! (There were 4 of us at each store)! At CC my sister gave up her laptop to #16 in line. And we stood there for 2 hours in line to find out that AOL was down. However, we did a $25 gift card each. Yeah! That makes the CC laptop $175 in store! Yeah!!!!

And I'm sooooo sorry. We took 4 vouchers or the BB laptop, but everyone of that team (different people) decidded that they didn't want it after all. So, I walked around the store and listened to how sad and dissapointed people were not to get it and I just gave them a voucher for it. And I did the same with the Kodak C360.

Next year, I'll takle more money and buy all the items even if we decide later that we don't want them and I'll just sell them or trade them here to disappointed people. I hate to see people disappointed on BF.

I have a GRRRRRRREAT team! Just want them to know I thank for their support. It was great. And what I DIDN'T miss out on was the camaradie and love that I got from my family and friends while in line for 7+ hours in a frigid St Louis, Mo. Here's to 6+ years getting everything on our list! ;-)

(If while reading the threads I see something something wanted and didn't get, and I have I'll see what I can do). Happy BF!

Didn't get the carebears, oh well. The merchandise was not in it's usual area this year. Most of the merchandise like the computers, $3.44 dvd, and more were along the action alley near the grocery side of our supercenter. There were huge lines in electronics for laptops, digital cameras,gameboys and each had their seperate line.

It was pretty crazy but I didn't see any pushing or shoving, just had some lady get her butt chewed out for cutting into our line for the MP3s when there was already an MP3 line.

Guest Frieked

Pretty much nothing for me yet, but let's hope I won't have to change this post because I'm about to run out to Best Buy to pick up some of the TV boxsets :) (just too insane during the day just for a couple of boxsets)

I went later in teh day and they still had most of the box sets there. They seemed to be pretty good at restocking the stuff they did have left.

Gateway laptop at bb (or a cheap one anywhere)

I currently have a bid on one on ebay. Everyone cross your fingers for me.

Sims complete collection at bb

Internal dvd-rw at staples

Snow globe at JCPenney (I SOO wanted this! I try every year to get their freebies and never do :( )

went to kmart to get the bowlercade and wireless controllers and they were sold out!!! then i got stuck going to work!

sent dh out to shop at the same time he got everything at walmart, and big lots, then he went looking for wireless controllers but had no luck best buy had none and no other kmarts in the area very MAD.. he did very good shopping his first B.F. alone:gd_devild