It's official! BestBuy offering NO DOORBUSTERS in parts of OH, SD, IA, ID, WV, + more

MarkRaby

as for test marketing, it would be because central OH is a major test market for many products, particularly restaurants - not for the "he hate me" thing

cant get indy or pitt ads to load... keep setting off that pager!! lol

And you know what? Sometimes it's nice to be such a big test market. I liked being one of the very first people to be able to order salads from McDonald's or fruit from Wendy's. But then you have companies like Best Buy who take all the fun out of being a test market :fryingpan

-Mark-

do you have a cc there? and do then have doorbusters or not?

There are 2 major Best Buy's here and 2 major Circuit City's. One of the CC and BB are very close to each other. I could definitely see a lot of people heading out to CC over BB this year.

-Mark-

I am so bummed - I had my whole day planned around getting that C360 from Best Buy price matched at Meijers. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Spent a couple days looking at retailers to see who had it so I wouldn't have to get it at Best Buy.

Any suggestions???

The $15 gift card deal is good at in the following areas, per the fine print at the bottom:

Iowa stores (excluding Sioux City); Idaho stores (excluding Biose); Rapid Cidy, SD; and Huntington, WV

Also in the geographic areas: Omaha, NE; Spokane, WA; Poduch, KY; Dayton and Columbus, OH

This is actually a better promotion for the Average Joe than doorbusters. Joe can get a "deal" (deal to him... but not if he went to pricewatch) on the item he really wants (digicam, high end laptop). He doesn't think they'll be cheaper any time until Christmas.. so he buys now. THEN, he has Best Buy gift cards - so he has to come back before Christmas and purchase other gifts here, even if they are cheaper elsewhere. It's a win-lose scenario.

Also, keep in mind that Best Buy has announced that they would like to BAN customers who buy only sale items without added RAM, protection plans, and who cause them to lose money from their store. If you are reading this post, you are one of those customers. Best Buy would like to ban you from their store. If you boycott them on Black Friday, they've won.

Win-Lose scenarios are best for greedy retailers on Black Friday who don't want to give the die-hards their (expensive) candy.

(my $0.02)

When I go on their site and click directly on the camera (C360) it shows the sale price but says you have to get it in the store. Then I looked for store in my area from the link on the camera page and it shows the BBs in my area. So I wonder if I go to the store if I can get the doorbuster price?????

I wish I could buy it online.