Help...Puzzled about Staples Black Friday ad

navyBLU

I see posted that Staples will have a deal on the InFocus SP4805 DLP projector. I called two stores in the SE Wisconsin area and they do not carry projectors in stock, instead they order them online for customers. So, I go online and they don't even offer that model online. I am just wondering if this is actually an item on sale or just a typo on behalf of @GottaDeal.com. Some insight please!!!

I hope to god that projector is online, then I can but it. I'm really dissapointed because that's by far the best projector for $500 available, but there are no Staples in my state. I'll probably be stuck with the Optoma EP716 at CompUSA, which is still nice, just not as nice.

Do you know if the Toshiba Multimedia DLP projector is comparable to the InFocus SP4805?

I'd rank that toshiba the lowest. They make great RPTV's, but for FP's they have bad bulb life and it seems they get nothing but mediocre-to-bad reviews. So if you decide for some insane reason not to buy the SP4805 (which I'd give my left test.. er, arm for) I'd buy either the Optoma EP716 or the Infocus X1a. The Infocus is a decent projector and has gotten pretty good feedback, whereas the EP716 is completely unknown to me. I think I decided on a strategy though, I'll check the ads and see if the SP4805 is available form staples online. If not, I'm going to go to CompUSA at midnight to get that Optoma EP716, and if I end up not liking that, I'll simply return it and shop for an SP4805 online which will be closer to $700, but still worth it. If you have a staples in your area and you want a projector, you'd better get that SP4805, in fact, get a second for me and I'll pay for shipping.

Did anyone else notice, that staples makes it a point to tell you the "while supplies last", only applies to items on the front cover. I looked on the last page where the freebies are, and it does not say that. Does that mean I can go on Saturday if I want to, and if they're out they have to give me a raincheck?