What is your MAJOR method of payment on BF?

saturnboy01

How do you plan for pay for your MAJOR purchases on BF?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How do you plan for pay for your MAJOR purchases on BF?

• Store CreditCard
    • MasterCard credit card
    • Visa credit card
    • American Express
    • Discover
    • Cash
    • Check
    • I don't know yet...waiting til I get paid again....
    • Debit Card (Visa/Mastercard logo)
    • someone else is paying for me!

I would have used my Visa bank check card, but they told me for major purchases, it's better to go with cash. Big stores have three day holds, so it'll hold my money, and take my money and make it look like I've overdrawn. So I'll be visiting the ATM before I go.

I would have used my Visa bank check card, but they told me for major purchases, it's better to go with cash. Big stores have three day holds, so it'll hold my money, and take my money and make it look like I've overdrawn. So I'll be visiting the ATM before I go.

Wouldn't it be better to use a credit card on the big purchases?

Wouldn't it be better to use a credit card on the big purchases?

It's not technically a credit card, it's coming out of my (newly) opened bank account. So say I have $500 in there, and I go and spend $250 automatically at Best Buy. The bank is already sending out their money, but until Best Buy's bank is sure they have it, it's going to hold it too and look like I've spent all of my $500. ..Atleast that's how they explained it to me.

Yes, it is better to use it on big purchases, IF you have enough money to cover it.

Dang it, that was for floppy! :spamdance

haha, thanks! At first I was planning on taking my gigantic purse, but I quickly changed my mind. I have this itsy bitsy little (can't even be called a purse it's so small..) bag that's big enough to hold my cellphone and car keys in the front, and cash zipped up in the back. I can wear it across me so I can hide it under my jacket, and hopefully not be seen.