Best Buy: Hiding stuff in appliances?

RossMAN

I'll admit it.. I've done it. Not BF stuff, but for other sales.

I stopped though, because I felt bad after awhile. And a few times I've found stuff people have obviously hidden.. and it upset me, so that made me realize.

But yes, I'd be tempted again this year if I were shoppin'. :P

haha, this is soooo funny and a great idea!!! HMMMMMMMMMM........I guess we have to do a tell all post coming soon..we should confess our dark side to be rid of the guilt!!

I sense great fear in you. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to pain, pain leads to revenge, and revenge leads you to the dark side.

Of course, it's best if you conduct this hiding the day before the sale, or on Wednesday in this case. In this way, there's no time for your booty to be discovered except by employees.

Other places.....one of the more overlooked spots is the freezer compartment of the refrig/freezers with the bottom-mount freezer, top shelf.

Another option is upper shelf of product display further down from the item's stocking area from which you secure yours, behind and mixed into the stock up there. More difficult if you're short, but makes it somewhat difficult for others to find.

But, with BB, many times the doorbuster and specials items are already on carts in the appropriate department with associates on either side handing them out to who wants them. Video cards, hd's, and the like has been done this way the last two years in the BBs we've gone to.

Other places.....one of the more overlooked spots is the freezer compartment of the refrig/freezers with the bottom-mount freezer, top shelf.

Make sure the cold appliances are unplugged of course ;) unless you're hiding chocolate.

I just want to hide the SanDisk $39.99 MP3 player, that's all.

I have definitely thought about this before, but since the line snakes between the appliances, I've always wondered what the people near me would think of going through the line empty-handed, or almost empty-handed, and then just opening up a random oven to get my MP3 player or DVD or whatnot...

-Mark-

I did this as a kid when I was saving up my allowance for a certain toy I would hide it somewhere in the store so it would be there when I had the money. Some low traffic spots in a store can hold your stuff for a *LONG* time undiscovered. The key is to hide your booty behind things that don't sell much.

For example, if you wanted to buy Legos at Kmart buy one get one half off you could go in tomorrow and hide the sets you want behind stuff in say the sporting goods section which will be deserted on BF.

It's not hiding, it's mis-placing. Lots of customers do it in every store every day (we ex-sales associates know this quite well, we picked up all of your crap! LOL JK!). ;)

Sweet! I like that, misplaced stuff by pushing 5 large boxes and accidently laying the $200 laptop behind and pushing the 5 boxes back. cool, i feel better now. thanks! =)

Ok, my guilty conscious must make me confess.. I've done this. And, sometimes I do it on BF when there is a different special going on on Saturday that is "better"... And, I've done it when you could only purchase "one" at a time... I've also hidden stuff behind bedding, etc.. at Meijer's so that I could return later. Yes, I am a sinner.. Yes, I am guilty. .. And, I'm a probation officer!