0% APR through 2008 financing offers

RossMAN

I bought an ipod for my husband for Christmas yesterday at Comp USA. I wanted the free financing until 1/2008. The offer wasn't in thier system yet. As a result, my receipt said 6 mo.'s same as cash. Therefore, the store has to email the request into thier headquarters and I have to wait to wait to see if they actually do it. The store didn't catch it, I did. Lesson: Look at your receipt before you leave the store.

I bought an ipod for my husband for Christmas yesterday at Comp USA. I wanted the free financing until 1/2008. The offer wasn't in thier system yet. As a result, my receipt said 6 mo.'s same as cash. Therefore, the store has to email the request into thier headquarters and I have to wait to wait to see if they actually do it. The store didn't catch it, I did. Lesson: Look at your receipt before you leave the store.

Could you return the iPod later when they do have better financing offers and return/rebuy it?

Some times places like BB, Sears, furniture stores, electronics have these and I've taken advantage several times. I usually pay much sooner than due, but it's nice to have the items and not have to worry about paying for them. I usually pay when I get my tax refund.... We've got excellent credit so we typically qualify... Could I pay for the items up front? Probably, but it's nice to be able to balance it all out and take advantage of those sales...