x-box 360 if you want one

mcmahonfan

LMBO Im chatting with hubby on yahoo while hes in line. They only have 12 @ store hes at hes #3:D anyways all of em are sitting back in layaway playing UNO............................too funny:lolrun:

If I wasn't so tired I would have gone to walmart for another one lol.

Mara

When I left work at Best Buy tonight at 6pm, there was already about 15 people in line and our Best Buy isn't releasing them until 9am tomorrow morning. Not to mention, they have to wait outside and this is in upstate NY and the temperature right now is 44 degrees and its going down to 37 by morning. They're lining up earlier than people do at our store for Black Friday.

Just passed local BB (Columbus, OH) and there were 30+ people in line. BB opens tomorrow at 9AM. It's now 9PM! Over 12 hour wait! And it was starting to snow!!!! Please tell me BF is not going to be like that!

Believe it or not Video Game lovers are alot more serious about this than us Black Fridayers. I think BF will be the normal, unless all this press it has gotten this year causes a frenzy.

When this last Star Wars came out those folks were camping out places the week before the tickets sold.

Gotta love something other than self and family in life I guess :)

Hate the weather for ya tho no matter how long you wait, its cold here for the South but not that cold.

I understand the spirit of Ebay, I have used it myself. But I dont like it when people take advantage and get more than 1 so they can sell. There are lots of people who want to buy one, but cant becasue some people are buying 3, 4 and 5 or more. Yes, there are idiots out there who will pay 600 for it. Thats what i dont get. I mean, if people didnt buy, there would be no market for it. So why do people pay that? It only encourages more people to buy multis to put on ebay, in turn causing more people to pay higher prices. I guess as a person who games for fun, it ieks me. I would hate to know I was the next person on the list, but someone is buying 2 or 3. And at my husbands store, anyone caught doing so promptly got thier money refunded and lost thier pre-order. That was EB Policy on the 360. And for once, I agree with EB policy.

I agree with fairydustcrissy. I will not be standing in line tonight because I won't pay that price and I don't want one. It's not about thinking ahead it's about common courtesy for all the people waiting in line behind you. It's also about what goes around, comes around.

I agree with fairydustcrissy. I will not be standing in line tonight because I won't pay that price and I don't want one. It's not about thinking ahead it's about common courtesy for all the people waiting in line behind you. It's also about what goes around, comes around.

Sorry if I disagree. To me its not what goes around comes around its more like the ant and the grasshopper. The grasshopper waited to long didn't plan ahead and preorder and as a result will have to either wait in an insane line or pay a lot more. The ant got on it early and is warm at home and will walk in pick them up and leave in the moning. I can understand this pisses off the people that do want them and didn't plan ahead though

Mara

I dont mean to start a debate. And no offense to you, Mara. If people were not willing to pay big $$ on ebay, you wouldnt be doing it. I just am amazed that instead of putting $50 down, they want to wait until the last minute and pay 2x the cost. Granted, even some of the people who did pre-order wont get it tonight or tommorrow, but that brings me back again. How many would be getting them if others werent buying more than 1? Its a viscious circle.

ETA: Hubby was the #1 pre-order. So we are getting ours, and we thought ahead. Butr so did lots of others who wont be getting one tonight.

My hubby is number 13 in line and they have 16 premium systems at Target. Core systems ? They don't open till 8:00 in the morning. Better him than me, men and there toys.

Are you saying u dont know how many core sysytems they have or dont know what the core system is?

Men n their toys----------Exactly, I been hearing about this for weeks hes been driving me nuts, I got so aggrivated with him this morning I told him to go get in line then LOL

Are you saying u dont know how many core sysytems they have or dont know what the core system is?

Men n their toys----------Exactly, I been hearing about this for weeks hes been driving me nuts, I got so aggrivated with him this morning I told him to go get in line then LOL

Yes, I was saying I don't know how many cores they have;)

Ive sold 4 xboxs so far. First pair ended at $630 each, the 2nd pair (ended tonight) ended at $830 each. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Its their money so I am not worried about it. I am only getting 1 in my name at any store outthere. The only reason I am getting more than 1 is becuase my friends help me out and pre-order one in their names for me and I hook them up for it.

Sheesh; just watched a story about the X360 on my local news and they've got a long line outside Best Buy already. They said some started lining up before the store even closed (at 10 PM). The Best Buy, of course, does not open until 9 AM this morning. Glad I got over my feeling of needing to get one. I'm just not an Xbox guy (now, the PS3, watch out!)

-Mark-

Ive sold 4 xboxs so far. First pair ended at $630 each, the 2nd pair (ended tonight) ended at $830 each. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Its their money so I am not worried about it. I am only getting 1 in my name at any store outthere. The only reason I am getting more than 1 is becuase my friends help me out and pre-order one in their names for me and I hook them up for it.

Mine end today and tommorow. Waiting to see how they do. One is up to $650 already :)

Mara

There was a girl sitting at our wal-mart at 7 am yesterday morning. Then her boyfriend came and then later on a friend of theirs came. We only had 10 systems at our store 2 deluxe 8 of the other. When I went home at 10 pm there was still one ticket left for a system. The girl was getting hers for her boyfriends christmas present but some of the other college kids that were in line were doing so to sell them on ebay where this morning some are still going as high as $1,725 talk about a profit these people are making. sheesh

I have one in my name and one in my husbands. EB hasn't given me any trouble about it. I'm seeling 2 to pay for my husbands mainly because the things are pricey. If people will pay out the nose then hey BF money for me. Supply and demand I ordered back during E3. I'm sorry not all people thought ahead.

Mara

I hate it when greedy resellers buy up all of the systems to try to make a quick buck... and all of the people who REALLY want to own one can't find a system anywhere.

This reminds me of sports and concert tickets. Scalpers come to mind. Sell way over retail and smile all the way to the bank. Those of us who really would want one for a present cannot get one because of this (BTW, I dont! Im more giving a comparison as its concert tickets I need). Though if people are willing to pay the ridiculous prices, then thats their stupidity. If people would stop feeding into this, then there wouldn't be such a big business for it. Wrong in my opinion

I just returned from my 25 hour trip to Wal-Mart, Target and BB in Clarksvile/Jeffewrsonville, IN. We, my boyfriend & I, got to Walmart yesterday morning at 8:30am only to find 2 other people ahead of us. (1st person there at 6am!). We did not receive our vouchers until 10pm!! At least we were inside, but my boyfrirend went to Target line (outside at 5pm). I joined the BB line at 10pm. I was #42, but bought the 6th place in line because the guy left for $100. We ended up getting all that we needed. We have several children/adults we are buying for. It was truly hard core gamers, resellers and family members in line. LOTS of cash flowing. Most people were buying people's places in line for $200+. I got very lucky!

It was a definite test! And it makes me think that 10pm on Thanksgiving isn't early enough for the laptop deals at CC or BB. I may have to rethink my strategy. Maybe 6pm? I don't know! (you know how people start showing up and adding to the ranks ahead of you the closer to store time. Although the people outside at BB started a list w/ names and line numbers. AND BB bought us pizza and soda!!) But, WOW! it was down to 37 degrees...talk about cold! And it's supposed to be colder in St Louis Thursday night!

Ok, now I've got my Xbox and I'm ready for Black Friday! Good luck everyone!

Thankfully, my son reserved one months ago at EB Games (I think, or Game Stop, one of those). We just paid it off yesterday - we pick it up in 2 weeks! :D He is so good at thinking ahead. I, on the other hand, am not. They did say that they got a very limited number of systems and anyone who didn't reserve one has no shot at getting one from them.

Xbox Frenzy in Full Effect (read story below)

NEW YORK — Gaming fanatics turned out overnight across the country to buy up Microsoft's Xbox 360 as it went on sale today. GameStop, EB Games and Best Buy opened hundreds of stores across the country for midnight launch events. Buyers also lined up at 24-hour Wal-Mart stores.

Most retailers have refused to say how many of the consoles they have in stock, but Microsoft Corp. has conceded that an ambitious plan to launch the console worldwide within a few weeks will mean fewer consoles initially in North America.

While many of the eager buyers were focusing on the system's high-definition graphics and gaming aptitude, executives at Microsoft see video games as just the beginning.

The new consoles, which also can play music, display photos and show DVDs, are at the center of a strategy that will eventually tie in elements of Microsoft's new online initiative, called Windows Live, said company Chairman Bill Gates.

"In the living room itself, Xbox 360 is our centerpiece and a product that redefines what goes on there," Gates said.

Gates said Monday that he expects Xbox Live, Microsoft's service that allows gamers worldwide to play one another, to eventually work with a Microsoft instant messenger that is slated to become part of Windows Live.

Windows Live is Microsoft's newly launched effort to better compete with free, advertising-financed Web services like e-mail and search technology from competitors led by Google Inc. and Yahoo Inc.

Microsoft already offers limited ways for people on Xbox Live to communicate with those on Microsoft's messaging software, but the new offering — not yet slated for release — would expand that significantly.

Gates said he's also expecting a new Xbox service called Microsoft Points, which lets people prepay for things like virtual armor or other game-related items, to eventually work with Windows Live, so people could use a single account to pay for offerings there, too.

Analyst Rob Enderle said the move to more closely link Xbox Live with Windows Live intends to bolster loyalty to Microsoft products. Microsoft "can tie that stuff together so that you as a customer become wedded to the Microsoft platform for everything you do," he said.

Microsoft's major console rival, Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3, also is expected to offer alluring digital entertainment capabilities when it debuts next year.

With the new Xbox system, Microsoft also is significantly expanding what people can do — and buy — from Xbox Live itself.

Gates said one big bet is that game companies will use Xbox Live to sell incremental upgrades and additions to existing games, thus extending a game's life.

Analyst Matt Rosoff with independent researchers Directions on Microsoft said efforts to sell game add-ons through Xbox Live are probably more likely to immediately meet success than the grander plans to become a home entertainment hub.

Microsoft — and Gates in particular — have long touted the idea of the high-tech living room and den, but the concept is still too geeky for most people, Rosoff said.

While Gates may spend lots of time thinking about how important Xbox is to his corporate strategy, the Microsoft co-founder said he doesn't have much time to play the game system himself.

"I'm not a heavy gamer, I'm a light gamer — something to do with my job," Gates said.

"The people on [the Xbox] team can all kill me within about 60 seconds on Halo, so I try and avoid them."

After standing on a city street for more than 28 hours, with only a blanket to protect him from the cold and rain, Peter Gonzalez had no doubt about what he should do next: stay up all night playing video games.

The 19-year-old college student was among the gaming fanatics who waited for hours to be among the first to snag an Xbox 360. Stores began selling the systems at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday.

"I feel amazing," said Gonzalez, who was first in line at a Best Buy store and planned to play all night before heading to an 8 a.m. class at the College of Staten Island. "It's going to be worth it."

At a 24-hour Wal-Mart location in Woodbridge, Va., where hopefuls sat in folding chairs that snaked around several aisles, staffers said the waiting line had exceeded their inventory by 10 a.m. Monday.