Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

People that orderd a Roku...did you get it yet?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jamieva  OFFLINE  

jamieva

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 1:30 pm

Mine is taking FOREVER to get here. Best Buy gave it to UPS then they handed it off to USPS and it's been sitting and not moving for 3 days. best buy customer service is no help they think UPS has it.

#2 Melissa  OFFLINE  

Melissa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 1:37 pm

Haha -- I ordered two Rokus from Amazon for the same price and received them at the beginning of the week! ;)

"My one regret in life is that I am not someone else." ~ Woody Allen

#3 JollyGG  OFFLINE  

JollyGG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 2:08 pm

I got mine from Best Buy 2 days ago.

#4 HansieDZ  OFFLINE  

HansieDZ

• 1,583 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 2:17 pm

I got mine Monday or Tuesday. Since I was scared BB might cancel,I picked up the same item at Meijer in store and now I will have to return that one.

"The years run too short and the days too fast."~Time Passages (Al Stewart)

#5 jamieva  OFFLINE  

jamieva

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 7:50 pm

Haha -- I ordered two Rokus from Amazon for the same price and received them at the beginning of the week! ;)

that's funny when i was venting on the customer service person today that is exactly what i told them. Should've got it on amazon.

#6 jamieva  OFFLINE  

jamieva

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 1, 2012 - 7:20 pm

that's funny when i was venting on the customer service person today that is exactly what i told them. Should've got it on amazon.

It finally came late today. It's already set up and I'm using it a lot. That little thing is awesome.

#7 bgoofi2  OFFLINE  

bgoofi2

• PipPipPip
  • 4 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 2, 2012 - 7:26 am

I got one and I do like it, except for the commercials. I don't mind a few commercials - I do understand they have to pay for the content. But, I hate that you can't forward through them, and that it is the same few commercials over and over and over. We watched a movie last night that literally played the same Synsodyne commercial 5 times in a row.

#8 amez74  OFFLINE  

amez74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 3, 2012 - 7:05 am

I've been trying to understand the Roku--once you pay for the box you get free channels, right? You can also use it with Hulu and Netflix? What about Amazon prime movies? Am I understanding it right? We are thinking about getting one too.

#9 racerfan  OFFLINE  

racerfan

• 3,948 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 3, 2012 - 7:16 am

I was going to get the Roku on BF but decided to go the route of a smart wifi Blu Ray player. I got 2 for the kids for Xmas that way they can do all the streaming and also can use it to watch blu rays we already have...

#10 jamieva  OFFLINE  

jamieva

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 5, 2012 - 1:51 pm

I've been trying to understand the Roku--once you pay for the box you get free channels, right? You can also use it with Hulu and Netflix? What about Amazon prime movies? Am I understanding it right? We are thinking about getting one too.

Amazon Prime video is an app on the roku. I have not dug into it yet but yes it appears you can rent movies that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users