4 preteen/teen nephews to buy for

coleman4905

I have to buy for my 4 nephews which have everything. I need to find something inexpensive but nice for them. I have done giftcards in the past but they hate not having something to open so I am stuck,..any ideas would be great..thank you.

What kind of giftcards have you done in the past and what is your budget ?

I have one 15yr old Nephew, 1 19 year old nephew and my DS almost 17. I got the 15 year old and my Son clothes from Abercrombie and Hollister, the 17year old is getting cash and gas gift cards, I am going to hide the in a box of chocolates...that I got as an idea here on GD.

I refuse to do cash or giftcards. I find them impersonal and with little thought. THat's just my opinion. My sister's kids like them, but I just don't . I give movies, cologne gift sets, books, things like that. I have a 15 year old son and I bought him a cool wallet on 6pm, a bunch of movies, video games, he even wanted a fedora. He's getting insulated rubber boots, a carharrt coat, an illuminated keyboard, some expensive stuff, but lots of the inexpensive stuff also. I like for people to have lots of things to open. He can always use a hoody. When in doubt, always buy a hoody, everyone wears them, but never a sweatshirt according to my kids.

Well in the case of my Nephew he DOES not like hoodies, sweatshirts etc. I used to give him gifts and they never got used. He is VERY PICKY. Now that he has a car of his own, gift cards/gas cards/food cards work for him as well as cash. That is what HE wants and I prefer to make him happy than just give gifts that he is not going to use that end up being donated with tags on etc. My DS is the same way, unless he specifically asks for something, I no longer just get him stuff because it is a waste of money since he wont use it.

I refuse to do cash or giftcards. I find them impersonal and with little thought. THat's just my opinion. My sister's kids like them, but I just don't . I give movies, cologne gift sets, books, things like that. I have a 15 year old son and I bought him a cool wallet on 6pm, a bunch of movies, video games, he even wanted a fedora. He's getting insulated rubber boots, a carharrt coat, an illuminated keyboard, some expensive stuff, but lots of the inexpensive stuff also. I like for people to have lots of things to open. He can always use a hoody. When in doubt, always buy a hoody, everyone wears them, but never a sweatshirt according to my kids.

Well in the case of my Nephew he DOES not like hoodies, sweatshirts etc. I used to give him gifts and they never got used. He is VERY PICKY. Now that he has a car of his own, gift cards/gas cards/food cards work for him as well as cash. That is what HE wants and I prefer to make him happy than just give gifts that he is not going to use that end up being donated with tags on etc. My DS is the same way, unless he specifically asks for something, I no longer just get him stuff because it is a waste of money since he wont use it.

DS16 loves hoodies but like your nephew is extremely picky. I refuse to buy him anything that he has not expressed interest in bc it always ends up just sitting there. I buy from his list and toss in several gift cards or sometimes just plain old cash. I'm sure he would say that's his favorite gift!

If you go to Eastbay they have the Adidas speed velocity socks 2 for $20. It seems all teenage boys are going crazy over these and the nike elite socks. You could put a gift card with it depending on how much you spend. Also check out thinkgeek.com for weird stocking stuffers with free shipping today.

Do they play any games like that minecraft? I have a 14 year old little brother who is obsessed with that game, and I found a nice set of 12 mini buttons with minecraft stuff on them on amazon for $10, figure he can put them on his hoodie or backpack or just around his room. If they like a certain game like that you could do a tshirt or rubber bracelet or poster, you know?

Also we have an Under Armour outlet nearby and they had t-shirts 2 for $15 last week so I grabbed some of those. It's not the $50 hoodie or anything but it has the brand name on it so he'll like that. And I've hit some sweet video game sales lately so I grabbed Skyrim and Borderlands 2 for him. Also going to get some cologne he likes from Rue 21, it's $10. How about hats? Maybe some new headphones for their mp3 players?

My boys are 14 and they are getting smartphones (which I am sure is out of your budget). But, we are also getting both of them gift cards to Aeropostale, one of them American Eagle, and one of them to Old Navy. My kids also love music, as most do, so maybe an itunes gift card. You could always put the gift cards in a box (which I plan on doing) so they will have something to open.

If you really want to get them a gift, I agree with another post to get them headphones. I got some for my 6 year old daughter at Big Lots on sale for 6.00 (regularly 8.00). I took them out of the box to make sure they fit her tablet and they sounded great. My husband is very picky about headphones and he said they sounded good.

If you know what kind of clothes they like you can do that. I know Aeropostale is having a pretty good sale right now. If I were not out of money, I would be stocking up on the $5.00 shirts. I also agree that most teens like hoodies. My boys love them and have 3 or 4 and are wanting more...lol.

I have a 13-year-old nephew who I always have trouble shopping for. He wears uniforms to school and is picky about what clothes he does wear. He is very generous - so generous that I've seen him give gifts away AT his birthday party! I'd really like to give him something that he likes, but even his Mom has trouble coming up with ideas.

My ideas so far:

Candy and Snacks (money is very tight in their house, so treats are rare)

Axe and other boy-smelly stuff (His big sisters are getting beauty baskets, so I want to make one for him too. And he usually has to use whatever the girls in the house choose.)

Hoodie(s) (The one thing his Mom suggested)

Video game (even though he doesn't play much. I can't come up with anyting better)

R/C car (It'll give him something to do while they are staying with us, I hope)

My boys aren't big on hoodies, they have a coupel they like, but some they didn't wear. Seems to depend on the design on the front on whether it is a favorite.

I like the video game stuff idea. Last year my ds12 got lots of game-related items, posters, wallets, figures, clothing.

And my boys are really into the Axe stuff now too. (You should smell my house every evening after showers!! :) )

And headphones are always a good little thing too. One of mine I swear eats them, the other can keep up with them for a year.

Maybe even a nice glove/hat set. I know my ds16 and his friends were real into little beanie hats last year.

How about a subscription to a magazine and give them a copy of of the magazine to open. I am sure there are gaming magazines or sports they would like.

I like the idea of the wallet and the cologne too. Small tool box with one tool and then add to it each year is another idea.