Official One-and-Only "What I Got" & "My Black Friday Experience" Thread

Brad

I got my head screwed on right now after all that chaos!! WOW! I had a lot of fun and success with black friday deals this year! :D

Target:

DB Crockpot $20

DB Griddle $19

DB Glass tubware $18

DB Big fuzzy blanket $20

DB Towels 8 x $2

Little People Princess set $14

DB Mommy n Me playset $20

DB Princess n Me set $20

SD card 16gb $10

DB TV Element 40in $250

DB Toodler PJs 4 x $5.00

CVS:

Most all the freebies

Walgreens:

Scott paper towels x 2 for $3.99

Cottonelle x 5 for $3.99

Old Navy:

DB 15 shirts for ranging from around $4 to $8

DB 4 pair of jeans $10

DB 6 tshirts for toddler $4

DB 2 pairs of fuzzy socks 2x$6

DB 4 pairs of boots $12ea

Disney Store:

Princess Teacup set for $12

Princess shirt $8

Princess doll $3

Amazon:

Jaws

Jaws 2

Kindle

Kindle case

Cinderalla

Lorax

Despicable Me

DVD Holder

2 Princess hardcover books

Creedence Clearwater Revival CD

Queen CD

ZZ Top CD

SD Card 16gb

SD Card 32gb

32in TV Coby

Throw Blanket

Minnie Mouse Bow-tique toy

Sticker Wall Decals

Im sure theres a handful of things i forgot but thats mostly it!!!

im just so proud of myself for getting all those DB at target! I LOVE TARGET! :D:D:D:D:D

Target: PS Vita Assassins Creed Bundle with Wifi System, Game, and 4gb memory card - $199.00

Walmart - XBOX 360 Need for Speed Most Wanted - 25

Xbox 360 Boarderlands 2 - 25

Orion 24" LED TV - 78

Gamestop - Xbox 360 - Halo 4 - 49

Xbox 360 - Battlefront 3 - 17

Xbox 360 - Alan Wake - Free - Buy 2 get 1 free

Amazon - 24" Colby 24" LED TV - 78

Kmart - Xbox 360 Max Payne 3 - 9

Xbox 360 LA Noire - 9

Just to mention, my WM still had a bunch of those rubbermaid container sets when I went today at noon to pick up a cake from the bakery.

Did anyone else's WM use ballons to mark where people would find the specific deals they wanted. Mine did. It was very helpful to be able to look up and see if you were in the right line.

I did all of my Black Friday shopping online on Wednesday and Thursday. Gotta loooove online shopping. I still, however, ventured out to the malls to browse on Black Friday.

Since my family don't celebrate Christmas, these are just for myself:

J. Crew:

Boys' cotton-cashmere V-neck sweater - Black

Boys' cotton-cashmere V-neck sweater - Navy

Boys' lambswool sweater - Heather Burgundy

Boys' lambswool sweater - Heather Royal

Gap (also used a 20% Thanksgiving code):

Uniform short-sleeve Oxford white

Uniform short-sleeve Oxford oxford blue

Convertible club shirt blue gingham

Non-iron Oxford shirt White

Uniform shawl cardigan blue galaxy

Uniform V-neck sweater heather gray

Old Navy (also used a 15% coupon code):

Boys Wool-Blended Hooded Pea Coat Black (I've been waiting for this for a month. I checked the OldNavy website for three weeks straight, twice a day and, finally, the size I wanted was available.

Banana Republic:

Merino wool cap Black - was on sale + used the 40% coupon code!

Boston Store:

Ralph Lauren Signature Twin Pack Pillows

Living Quarters Reversible Microfiber Down-Alternative Comforter Full/Queen White

Living Quarters 1,000-Thread Count 6-pc. Sheet set White

Nelson 6-pc. Comforter Set by Living Quarters Queen

Macys:

Tools of the Trade Stainless Steel Covered Casser

Black Decker Rice Cooker

Olivet International Inc. Suitcase Tital Tower Roll Black 20" - I reeeeeeally want the silver in 25", but I had to be more practical: pay for check-in bag or carry-on.

Charter Club Blanket

Had a good Black Friday and Gray Thursday, as my husband now calls it, lol. We headed to Wal Mart around 7:00 so dh could get a ticket for the $179. laptop. Luckily, he was one of the last 5 to get a ticket. My main goal was the Wii U Draw set for only $10., so I went in search of that. I had to ask 3 associates before someone knew where they were. Once I found them, I waited for 8:00 to get 2 of them. I wanted to try to get some DVDs and video games, but figured I would see what was left after I got the U Draw. Had a good time chatting w/ some ladies also waiting, then around 7:50 people started grabbing for things, so I grabbed my 2 before they were gone. After that, I was sort of trapped by sporting goods and couldn't get out, so I snuck under the yellow tape at the end of the aisle just to get out. Then I made my way over to the dvd/video game chaos. By the time I got there the initial rush had passed, so I just sorted through them and to my surprise found all but 1 thing I had wanted, yea!!! After that, I went over to where my dh was waiting for the laptop, then we decided to try to get the dual dvd player for $49., so I went over there to wait for that for 40 minutes. It wasn't bad there, but they didn't have very many of them for the amount of people hovering. Around 9:50, when the associates started to tear the packaging, people just started grabbing them and the associate was yelling to people to put them back, but of course no one was listening. I figured I might as well grab one too or I wouldn't get one, so I grabbed one.

Here is what I got this weekend:

Wal Mart

Compaq laptop ($179)

Dual DVD player ($49)

Garmin GPS ($69)

Wii U Draw ($10.)

Wii Play Motion game ($15)

Would You Rather game ($5)

Scrabble Flash game($5)

DVDs We bought a Zoo, Contagion, Dispicable Me ($5. each)

2 Recipe tins w/recipes ($3. each)

Cars 2 dvd price matched ($10.)

Sears

Headphones ($10)

Headphones ($5) 3 of them

JC Penney

Pink Skinny jeans for dd ($14)

Sweater ($14)

This was the first Black Friday since I have had kids that I didn't go to Toys R Us.

Well I had been happy about the early start time but since I've now done the 8pm shopping thing, it was a bad bad bad thing!

We got to our local (small, non 24 hour) walmart right before 7pm. The entire parking lot was full. No carts. All the items were already out and being taken. Just big ticket items were being held back til 8pm. I got the big ticket item I was there for (lol a bike of all things) and was ready to check out by 8:20pm. Only the line stretched almost the whole dang store! We waited in line for almost 2 hours to check out, only to find out once we got up to the front that even though all the lanes were open, nobody working was directing traffic so only the last 2 lanes were being used. The other 5 checkout lanes were EMPTY! WTHeck!

Hubby said at 5am the lot was almost empty. Usually that is how it is. I mean we've had lines at 5am but its nowhere near what it was on Thursday. I hope they go back to the 5am opening times only.

I heard the next town over had fights. It was nuts

Although the bulk of my BF shopping was at Target, Kohl's and Office Max; I will say that each had their own policy and procedure that I found interesting. Although Target advertised a 9PM opening, they only let 20 people at a time through the door. In addition, they claim there was a "misprint" in their ad regarding the Xbox 1600 point cards, which they were able to correct. As far as Kohl's goes, the aisles at the Marlton, NJ store are too narrow and the condition of their shopping carts are less than acceptable. I saw a number of shopping using Shop Rite (grocery store) carts, which management did not question. Office Max in Burlington, NJ had 3 different policies regarding their $50 iTunes card for $35 sale. When you walked through the door, it read "limit 8 per customer". At the register, there was a display set up which read "limit 6 per customer". Even though I did not get there until 9:30am, I was told by an employee that there was "no limit".

Scored almost every doorbuster at best Buy. Couldd have gotten all of them, but didn't want the others, lol.

3 Lenovo laptops

1 Samsung laptop bundle

1 HP desktop

6 Samsung Galaxy Tablets (7 inch)

5 pairs or Skullcandy earbuds

12 sd cards (2 8 gig, 2 32 gig, 8 16 gig)

2 laptop fans

1 Galaxy MP3 player

1 Seagate 3 TB drive

2 Wii games

3 TV wall mounts

3 26" Insignia TVs

3 Griffin Helicopters

12 Skylander figures

2 Skylander starter packs

1 40" Toshiba TV

Also bought a new freezer at Sears, 6 electric blankets at KMart, 1 portable generator at Harbor Freight (for next Black Friday), 1 dog bed and a storage shed at Lowes, a few jackets and sweatshirts at Old Navy, 7 DVDs at Walmart (they were not picketing or I would never have even gone in the store), and a bluetooth headset at Radio Shack.

Just to mention, my WM still had a bunch of those rubbermaid container sets when I went today at noon to pick up a cake from the bakery.

Did anyone else's WM use ballons to mark where people would find the specific deals they wanted. Mine did. It was very helpful to be able to look up and see if you were in the right line.

My walmart used ballons too. I thought it was a GREAT idea!!

So this morning, around 6:30 AM I went to my local walmart in Dumfries, VA to buy some games, knowing that some might not be available. One of the games I wanted was Borderlands GOTY for PS3.

When I got to the store, I looked for the display pallets for games. They had tons of movie ones, but no games. I looked at the display cases and sure enough, they were packed. A lot of games had the usual color coded stickers on them. Many games were put in the display case under their tags, but lots of games were tossed in the bottom of the cases randomly.

Anyways, I looked and looked and spoted Borderlands GOTY and a couple other games I wanted. I had someone get them out of the case and went to check out. While the others rang up on sales, Borderlands GOTY rang up at 29.96 and not $15. Since there were others there and I had other things to check out too, I said I would pay now and go to CS for a price adjustment. When I got there, I struck out over and over. One person told me that because the game I had didn't have a sticker on the outside, it is supposed to be full price, despite the sales ad not saying games needed to have a sticker on them and my copy of WWE 13 note having a sticker and coming up on sale. Another person said the game wasn't part of the sale even though I showed them a picture of it in the ad. Another person said the sale was only for Thursday night (8 or 10 PM until midnight). Another person said the sale was only until a random time today. Another person said because the game was in a display case and not on a pallet, it shouldn't be honored at the sale price, even though they put their games from the pallet into the display case.

I eventually spoke with the Assistant store manager on duty, Sarah, who just wouldn't budge. She says the sales flyer says the sale is while supplies last, and only games with a sticker are considered part of the supplies. I say bologne! The ad says nothing about stickers - it shows the game and a price, and no mention of an end date either. I was fed up and took a refund. I asked for the number for the district manager and was given 1800Walmart instead. This is wrong. I know it's only $15, but it's the principle of it. They had a sale and I followed what the sales fyler said, but they wouldn't honor the price. I would be fine if the ad said the prices were good until a certain time or if the store associates all had the same story. The fact that I was told 5 or 6 different things is proof whatever training there was isn't working.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

My husband wanted the Xcom game for the PS3. I have been to the Walmart before on Black Friday and it is a madhouse and knew they only have a few of the items advertised. Thursday morning it was on the website for $25 and I ordered it and received an e-mail thanking me for my purchase. A couple hours later I was told I could pick it up at the store. I knew I would be going to Walmart on Friday morning anyway so I decided to pick it up then. I get home from Thanksgiving dinner and had an e-mail that my order was cancelled. I went online and no reason was given why it was cancelled. I called 1-800-WALMART and they said the store had cancelled my order. They called the store and asked for the manager and it took forever. The manager finally came to the phone and said they were too busy now to check it out. She called back later that night and said they received a call from the corporate office and was told to cancel all online orders for Thursday. She said there was nothing they could do. I get an e-mail Friday saying my order had expired because I failed to pick it up. However, my order was cancelled so there was nothing to pick up. We did go to the store around 7 am Friday and no one was in there and I was fortunate to find one left of the game I tried to order online. I was amazed how much stuff they still had left. I sent an e-mail to Walmart.com but go no response yet.

We got to Walmart at 8:10 and picked up

a few $1.59 towels

Walking Dead Season 1 dvd

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer dvd

$19 printer for a spare

Mens white undershirts $8

$10 tripod

I completely forgot my dd wanted some of the $4 pj pants :) The crowds were pretty okay this year. I met a few folks who had never been out shopping on BF before! People were friendly and helpful :)

Next morning--

Menards about 15 minutes before opening we got in line. My sil wanted some of the sentry ebuds and I really had nothing in mind. We went our separate ways. I grabbed a boot dryer and a couple of small candies, she got her ear buds. She shot me a text saying she was in line, so I made my way over there, where several workers were directing people into lines. On worker was telling people that the garden center had open cash registers, but no one would go out there. I headed out there and sure enough they were open and I was done way before my sil who had gotten in line before me :)

JCP--We waited in the car until about 15 minutes before they opened and then they opened the doors a bit early. 75% of the people ran to the $8 kitchen items which were in a narrow aisle against the wall. Very bad layout and very difficult to get in and out of. I got the toaster oven I wanted and later grabbed the blender thing (like a magic bullet) SIL got four sets of luggage.

Since we were next to Kmart we walked though and saw nothing we wanted and when we were leaving an announcement was made that there register system had went down and that if folks were writing a check they could go to layaway and put it on layaway and come back later and pay!! ugh how terrible!

When we were eating breakfast some folks were telling us that the Walmart they were at the night before also had their registers go down four about 40 minutes during the 10pm sale!!

This was probably the shortest bf shopping we have ever done :)

On line

Radio Shack

3 16GB micro cards

4 16GB cards (for SIL)

Amazon had gotten a lot of my money this week :)

Numerous skylander figures (got the skylanders game already)

Norelco electric razor heads

Magic Bullet

Barbie Princess and the PopStar dvd

Monsters versus aliens dvd

Horten hears a who

Modern Warfare Call of Duty 3 xbox 360 game $25 - I tried getting this at Walmart but couldn't find the 360 version!!

Karaoke machine, extra microphone and music

LED Flashlight

Kohls online

Air popper

waffle iron

a pair of clearance Rock and Republic jeans

We didn't go to all of our usual stores like Target and Meijer or even Walmart Friday morning. Nothing that we really needed.

Kohls online Wednesday: Dyson DC40 379.99 with extra 15% off from online coupon code and 47.99 82 piece silverware set with extra 15% and ended up with $120 Kolgs cash for use next week

Target online:

Tent and sleeping bag set $20

Pjs women's $10 sets

Kids pjs $5 each set

Free shipping plus 5% off with red card

Walgreens Thursday:

Buy one get one free toys for toys for tots

3 for 1 patriot candles

And all freebies

3 for 1 detergent

Couldn't get out after eating so woke up and was in Target by 4am. Ghost town and everything there!!

I got the last two $19 razor scooters, $5 fleece pj pants, $2 towels, a bunch of sale DVDs (didn't realize until last night that the cashier didn't charge me for one of them)

Went to Old Navy, didn't open until 5am in my town so i scored one of the free wii u games with my purchase which included $5 fleece, jeans etc with another 10% off for opening an old navy credit card

Big lots: $25 portable DVD player, $6 16mb SD card

Macy's online: 3 of the $19.99 appliances that have a $10 rebate.

Stein Mart: 2 16 piece glassware sets $9.99 each and 7 quart programmable crockpot for $25 with a $10

Scratch off coupon, total $37.

Best score of the day came withy second scratch off coupon that I snagged from my sisters paper. I bought a $25 Steve Madden scarf that was on sale for $18.88, but my scratch off was for $20! So scarf was FREE!

Walmart at 10pm on Friday, when I was finally brave enough to venture in. They had a whole endcap of wii udraws!! I grabbed 2 for $10 each. Got the last nabi 2 for $129.99. Got the $6.92 Rubbermaid set and two pairs of fleece pj sets for $8.96 each. Walmart a success hours later!

So this year was sooo much better than the last 2 years. I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep friday night and didn't get sick. Here's all that I got.

Disc motorsports

125 cc 4 wheeler and helmet $900

Walmart

24 inch Orion. $78

Hdmi cable $8

Battleship DVD $15

Air hockey table 30

6 xbox live cards @ 11.96/piece

Ultra

Hair curler$16

Belk

Pajamas $18

Griddle $10 after mail in rebate

Gamestop

Turtle beach head set $40

America eagle

2 men hoodies. $18/piece

Men jeans $24

Set of perfume $12

2 men body sprays $8/piece

Hallmark

Tumbler cup $5

Target

Nikon camera $99

Sd card $17

Gak $4

Chutes and ladders $5

iTunes card $15

Buckle I spent way to much here but I REALLY wanted these jeans and they will probably me the only miss me jeans I'll ever own. Lol

Miss me jeans $99

Shirt $30

Earrings $7

I'm certain I am missing a few things but it was a great BF!! I already can't wait til next year!

Edited by Jen08
Forgot something

Walmart at 10pm on Friday, when I was finally brave enough to venture in. They had a whole endcap of wii udraws!! I grabbed 2 for $10 each. Got the last nabi 2 for $129.99. Got the $6.92 Rubbermaid set and two pairs of fleece pj sets for $8.96 each. Walmart a success hours later!

Very nice! Our Walmart only had 4 Nabi 2 doorbusters. They were sold out at 8:02pm. You are lucky :)

Thanksgiving Day at Kmart:

1/2 price lighted deer

Forza Horizon for XBox 360 for $39.99 ($20 off)

Perfection and Jenga games (bogo free)

Along with a friend's purchase, earned 2 $5 gift cards, and 20 cents off bp gas!

On Black Friday, I decided to boycott the thanksgiving night and Midnight openings. Arrived at the mall at 3:00 am and parked right next to the door. There were no crowds or lines.

Torrid (Arrived at 3am)

$100 of clothes after 40% off discount (earned 2 haute cash)

Victoria Secret (Arrived at 3:30am)

3 $15 dollar gift sets

2 $10 dollar gift sets

Free tote

Bath and Body Works (arrived at 3:45)

3 signature lotions, 3 more free

2 for $5 mini candles

$20 promotional tote

Macys (Arrived at 4am)

$6.99 ralph lauren pillows

Ralph Lauren sweater vest for $20

Home Depot (Arrived at 6am)

Martha Stewart LED prelit tree for $59

Home Depot Gingerbread house for $7.99

32 piece shatterproof ornament set for $4.99

Sams Club (Arrived at 7:30am)

LG Blue Ray player for $68

Target (arrived at noon)

Blanket for $20

Blue rays and DVDs for $6

Halo 4 (earned $20 gift card for purchase)

I will note that at all the places I went, the doorbuster items were all still available in decent quantities, even at Target!!

Best Buy

Toshiba 50 inch $399

Seagate 3TB (x2) $89 (edit)

iPad 2 Blk 16GB $339

ipad 4 Blk 16GB $439

Playstation 3 24 inch 3D monitor (x2) $99 (edit)

Toshiba 17 inch laptop $399

Samsung 15 inch laptop bundle $349

LG 3D Blu-ray player $69

iPod Gen 4 Blk 16GB $194 w/ $50 GC

Not bad for an early morning; I'm sure I'll post more later ;).

Best Buy (cont)

The Last Samurai $3.99

Cool Hand Luke $3.99

Meet The Parents $3.99

16GB SD card $9.99

Amazon

The Lorax $8.95

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Carrey) $7.96

Forever Marilyn (8 Film Collection) $26.99

Sherlock Holmes: Complete Collection $52

The Grey $7.96

The Sandlot $9.99

Curious Case of Benjamin Button $4.96

The Lucky One $3.99

Gone with the Wind $7.99

Big Momma’s House 1 & 2 $10.99

Bond 50: The Complete 22 Film Collection $99.99

Star Trek: The Complete Original Series $129.99

Seagate 3 TB Internal HD $89.99

NZXT 550W 80 Plus power supply $19.99

iPod touch 32GB (Blue) $245

Sketchbook Pro 6 $19.99

PS3 Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition $10

Kohl’s (after 15% code)

Croft & Barrow Brown Oxford shoes $34

C&B Men’s Leather Jacket $68

Docker’s Signature Slim-Fit Pants $29.74 (x3)

Van Heusen Fitted Solid Dress Shirt $16.14

The Big One Bath Towels $2.99 (x6)

The Big One Hand Towels $1.99 (x6)

The Big One Snowman Throw $8.99

A few more items my DW got but won’t tell me

Kohl’s Cash $120

Levi's

527 men’s jeans (x2) $52 shipped

NEX

Beats Solo Headphones $139

Tom Tom GPS (world version w/ European maps) $119

KitchenAid 6 Qt Pro Mixer $206 AR & $83 GC (I need a cook book Dev ;))

10 Piece Bedding Set (Queen- Red/Brown) $49

48 K-cup Essentials (x2) $25

Women’s North Face Denali Jacket $99 (reg $124)

Arthur Christmas $10.94

Walmart

Celestron Powerseeker Telescope $38

Haier 12-Bottle Wine Cellar $58

Battleship $8.96

Bath & Body Works

Shea-Infused Socks (wth?) $7.50

6 Lotions (Buy 3 Get 3 free)

and that Bag for $20 = $68 shipped

I hope I'm done. I only wanted to get a few Blu-ray movies :confused:, lol.

Amazon

Lego DUplo Baby Zoo - $11.19 (used credit)

Jake and Neverland Pirates figures - $5.31 (used credit)

Webkinz Pinto Horse - $6.96 (used credit)

Furreal Baby Luv Cub - $17.70

The Mummy DVD - $1.99

Scorpion King dvd - $1.99

4x Kindle Fire - $129.0010.00+

Simpson's Puzzle Ball - $3.99 (used Credit)

Mr. Happy Book - $3.99

LIV Dance doll - $6.00 (used credit)

Lego Harry Potter yr 1 - 4 WII - $10.80

3DS Games Nintendogs, Nintendogs, and Steel Diver - $8.85

Lorax DVD - $3.99

Thundercats Figurine - $1.97

NY Jets Pens - $4.99

NY Jets Glasses - $9.96

NY Jets Book - $9.86

NY Jets Cards - $5.00

NY Jets Toothbrush - $6.98

6 TOuch Screen Stylus - $2.00

Bestbuy (Had $30 in store credit)

4x - Gumdrop Cases for Amazon Kindle - $40 total

Harry Potter Order of Pheonix DVD - $2.38

Harry Potter Deadly Hallows pt 1 - $2.38

Harry Potter Deadly Hallows pt 2 - $2.38

Harry Potter Goblet of Fire - $2.38

Hunger Gamers - $5.97

PS3 Grand Slam Tennis - $4.76

Harry Potter Half Blood Prince - $2.37

Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets - $2.39

Harry Potter Sorcerer's Stone - $2.39

Justice

Order 1 - $23.02 total

"R" 3 Ring Binder

Tee Shirt

Mesh Shorts

Birthstone necklace & earring set

Monstaz plush

Order 2 - $24.54 total

Rock & Roll earrings

Beaded dangle earrings

Beaded coil necklace

feather earrings

Monstaz plush

4 nail polishes

Mesh SHorts

2x leather boys braclets

Finishline

2 NCAA official Hoodie sweat****s - $34.58

Men's Vlado Sneakers - $6.99

Men's Rocawear sneakers - $17.49

kid's Polo sneakers - $10

Ebags

Digital Camo Backpack - $9.99

Fisherprice

Imaginext advent calander - $10.00

Sing-a-ma-jig - $3.88

Trio HW speed Shop garage - $10.00

Jo-Ann Fabrics

Pop-bead set - $2.99

Vikings Duct tape - $4.49

Lids

Puma Hat - $5

Gamecocks Hat - $5

Harry Potter Hat - $5

Clemson Hat - $5

Jet's stocking - $5.00

Jets Necklace - $5.00

Jet's training camp tee - $5.00

Wolverines tee shirt - $2.50

Bobcats cards - $1.00

NY Mets Hat - $10.00

Jets Kids Jersey - 5.00

Jet's necklace - $5.00

GameStop - $22.98 total

Harry Potter & Order of the pheonix PS2

Harry Potter half blood prince ps2

Harry Potter deadly Hallows pt 1

Ebay

2x Altec Lansing Bliss Gold Series In-Ear Headphones - $11

6pm

DC Alias Sneakers - $22

Walmart

3 Monster High DOlls with the Create-a-monster lab - $48

I 650 piece lego and 1 86 piece DUplo - $30

Angry Bird Pajama & Robe set - $12.00

Kohls

2x Men's Pajama Pants - $7.00

Lowes

8x 12 Gallon Totes - $23.00

Not to mention a LOT of games and stocking stuffers at fivebelow!

Plus my Mom snagged Doc McStuffin's on Amazon for me, and two RC Helicopters at Macy's........so the bulk of my shopping is done now! :) All big presents accounted for!

Had a good Black Friday and Gray Thursday, as my husband now calls it, lol. We headed to Wal Mart around 7:00 so dh could get a ticket for the $179. laptop. Luckily, he was one of the last 5 to get a ticket. My main goal was the Wii U Draw set for only $10., so I went in search of that. I had to ask 3 associates before someone knew where they were. Once I found them, I waited for 8:00 to get 2 of them. I wanted to try to get some DVDs and video games, but figured I would see what was left after I got the U Draw. Had a good time chatting w/ some ladies also waiting, then around 7:50 people started grabbing for things, so I grabbed my 2 before they were gone. After that, I was sort of trapped by sporting goods and couldn't get out, so I snuck under the yellow tape at the end of the aisle just to get out. Then I made my way over to the dvd/video game chaos. By the time I got there the initial rush had passed, so I just sorted through them and to my surprise found all but 1 thing I had wanted, yea!!! After that, I went over to where my dh was waiting for the laptop, then we decided to try to get the dual dvd player for $49., so I went over there to wait for that for 40 minutes. It wasn't bad there, but they didn't have very many of them for the amount of people hovering. Around 9:50, when the associates started to tear the packaging, people just started grabbing them and the associate was yelling to people to put them back, but of course no one was listening. I figured I might as well grab one too or I wouldn't get one, so I grabbed one.

Here is what I got this weekend:

Wal Mart

Compaq laptop ($179)

Dual DVD player ($49)

Garmin GPS ($69)

Wii U Draw ($10.)

Wii Play Motion game ($15)

Would You Rather game ($5)

Scrabble Flash game($5)

DVDs We bought a Zoo, Contagion, Dispicable Me ($5. each)

2 Recipe tins w/recipes ($3. each)

Cars 2 dvd price matched ($10.)

Sears

Headphones ($10)

Headphones ($5) 3 of them

JC Penney

Pink Skinny jeans for dd ($14)

Sweater ($14)

This was the first Black Friday since I have had kids that I didn't go to Toys R Us.

Scrabble Flash and What Would You Do were $5? They were 9.98 at our Walmart.

Did pretty well this year...

Wal-Mart:

Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of Sons of Anarchy for $9.99 each

Big Love Seasons 1 and 5 for $14.95

The Pacific DVD Set for $19.99

Unknown DVD for $1.96

Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader for $1.96

Spartacus: Blood And Sand Season 1 for $9.99

Best Buy:

X-Men: The Last Stand Blu-ray for $3.99

32 GB memory Card for $8.99

Amazon.com:

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for PS3 for $25.00

Game of Thrones 9 piece Magnets set for $4.99

Sly PS3 Collection for $10.00

(This next one is the BEST one so far. These are from a local DVD/Book store in phoenix AZ called Zia Records):

Smallville seasons 3-10 for $7.99 each

X-files seasons 3-9 for $7.99 each

The Santa Clause DVD for $2.99

Signed copy of George R.R. Martin's "A Dance with Dragons" for $20.00

Journey greatest hits volumes 1 and 2 for $3.99 each

Did pretty well this year...

Wal-Mart:

Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of Sons of Anarchy for $9.99 each

Big Love Seasons 1 and 5 for $14.95

The Pacific DVD Set for $19.99

Unknown DVD for $1.96

Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader for $1.96

Spartacus: Blood And Sand Season 1 for $9.99

Best Buy:

X-Men: The Last Stand Blu-ray for $3.99

32 GB memory Card for $8.99

Amazon.com:

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for PS3 for $25.00

Game of Thrones 9 piece Magnets set for $4.99

Sly PS3 Collection for $10.00

(This next one is the BEST one so far. These are from a local DVD/Book store in phoenix AZ called Zia Records):

Smallville seasons 3-10 for $7.99 each

X-files seasons 3-9 for $7.99 each

The Santa Clause DVD for $2.99

Signed copy of George R.R. Martin's "A Dance with Dragons" for $20.00

Journey greatest hits volumes 1 and 2 for $3.99 each

OMG I needed The Santa Clause DVD for a class I'm teaching at church and I found it for $10 at Walmart :( what a steal $2.99!

Scored almost every doorbuster at best Buy. Couldd have gotten all of them, but didn't want the others, lol.

3 Lenovo laptops

1 Samsung laptop bundle

1 HP desktop

2 laptop fans

1 Galaxy MP3 player

1 Seagate 3 TB drive

2 Wii games

3 TV wall mounts

3 26" Insignia TVs

3 Griffin Helicopters

12 Skylander figures

1 40" Toshiba TV

Also bought a new freezer at Sears, 6 electric blankets at KMart, 1 portable generator at Harbor Freight (for next Black Friday), 1 dog bed and a storage shed at Lowes, a few jackets and sweatshirts at Old Navy, 7 DVDs at Walmart (they were not picketing or I would never have even gone in the store), and a bluetooth headset at Radio Shack.

Wow, that is a lot of computers.

3 Lenovo laptops

1 Samsung laptop bundle

1 HP desktop

2 laptop fans

1 Galaxy MP3 player

1 Seagate 3 TB drive

2 Wii games

3 TV wall mounts

3 26" Insignia TVs

3 Griffin Helicopters

12 Skylander figures

1 40" Toshiba TV

5 computers and 6 tablets?! Wow! Were you shopping for other people?

Originally Posted by jesusluvu

Mine started off horrible with Kmart - Got better with Walmart / Target / Belks and other mall stores / Then got worse with Kmart :

My letter to Sears Holdings :

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to let you know about my Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday experience with the Kmart store on Wade Hampton Blvd in Greenville, SC. Let start off by stating that I have attended all of Kmart’s Thanksgiving Day sales and Black Friday sales for about 12 years now. This year I am truly beside myself. I will start with the Thanksgiving Day sale. The Thanksgiving Day sales started at 6am this year. I was in line at 2:15am and number 16th in line. It was about 34 degrees, but yet we persevered despite the frigid tempers and pushed forward for the door buster sales. By about 4:30am there were about 400 people in line that was stretching the entire length of the building. Around 5:30am the sales associate and assistant manager came out side to assist the lines and started to pass out the tickets for the door buster items. They passed out “8” tickets and then brought out a table and placed all of the tickets on the table. They did not instruct the crowd nor allowed the people that stood faithfully in line for hours the opportunity to get the tickets for the deals they stood in line for. Instead they allowed the people from the very back of the line to rush up and the people that were just getting out of their cars to take the tickets off the tables and leave me and the other “VALUED CUSTOMERS” without anything. I spoke to the manager Ms. Shirley and all she could do was apologizing, but could not offer any resolution to the matter. So I and a lot of other people that camped out in front of the store received none of the items that we rightfully should have had. This was very hurtful and dangerous as a mini riot almost broke out to get the tickets and in response to not getting a ticket after standing in line for hours just to be treated in this manner.

After all of the above I still decided to go back out for the Black Friday 5am sale that Kmart had. I was already out shopping for the other sales around town and still working on just a few hours of sleep that I got the day before since I was in line for the Thanksgiving Day sales at your store as well. So I mustered the energy to be in line at 2am again. This time I am “1st “in line and waited patiently as I wanted the 52” RCA LED TV for $399 that was listed in your ad. I waited in 30 degree tempers yet again. Around 4:25 two sales associates came out asking if everyone was signed up for shop your way card and letting everyone know that some deals would require you join to get the price. About 4:35 another guy came out (one of the ones that set the tickets on the table the day before) and was asking what everyone was in line for. I told him I was in line for the TV. He went back in and came back and was telling everyone that there merchandise was in stock, but he told me that the TV ( THE ONE THAT IS LISTED IN THE AD ) was not there and that NO ( NOT ONE ) Kmart store had received this item. I was at a loss for words. 2 Days in a row I sat in the COLD for nothing. 2 days in a row I lost sleep. I passed on 2 other offers for TV’s because I was going to get this one in Kmart. I asked one of the girls that were doing the shop your way sign up if I could speak to the manager. She went to get one only to come back and tell me ( in front of everyone) That “ the manager on duty ( Jerome ) said that “ He was not coming out right now because it was too cold “. My mouth dropped. Everyone in the line had a response to this. The other girl that was with her said “he did not say that de he”. She replied “yes he did” and she said NO that is not good and went to get him herself. He never came out and I never spoke to him. Ms. Shirley came in about 20 minutes later and I spoke to her and expressed my displeasure about the ongoing issues I was having with Kmart. She apologized and said that she would look into the matter and call me with the possibility that the item would come in and I would be able to purchase it at that same rate. I am sorry but that is not good enough for me. I sat in line twice in the freezing cold for what? I was not offered a comparable substitution – even though you had 55” TV’s sitting right there in electronics. There was no notification that the ad item was not available at all – ALL WEEK. That’s blatant FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. As I explained to the store manager that if there was a misprint in your ad you are quick to put up a note in the front entrance, on the door, by the item and on the counter at customer service. There was countless ways this could and should have been handled but the failure was never addressed and this was common knowledge that this item did not and was not going to arrive as promised in the ads. Despite the issue with the tickets for your Thanksgiving Day sale I still spent over $300 at your store that day. I am inclined to take it all back at this point. I am looking for a swift answer on why this failure was never addressed to the public and what is going to be done to rectify this situation and compensation for my time and distress in these matters. I will also be forwarding this letter to the BBB, SC Attorney General’s office and the local news. I am highly upset and offended about this entire situation.

Seriously?

Seriously?

Yes and I am still very upset about this. Waiting for the news agency to call me back. I can not and will not let this one go. I will wear mmy Gottadeal shirt on the news if my story gets picked up

That sounds alot like my local Kmart and my Walmart (on BF, otherwise Walmart's not too bad).

I cleaned up before the mess at kmart. I got everyhting and then some from my walmart. I am just glad I did before my Kmart fiasco because after that I was done and my shopping spirit had left the building. I went home and did not come back out until the next day.