Need mug filler ideas

allshoppedout

Hi, I could use help from frugal/creative minds here.

I have 10 teacher travel mugs to fill --they are 16 oz. (from me) would like to spend, if possible, 3 dollars OR LESS to fill each mug

(I think a bag of hershey kisses is now down to 7 ounces, so I'd need to buy more that 2 bags to fill one mug ...see what I mean.)

I need to have some suggestions for TASTY inexpensive candies to fill them.

5 below store has nostalgic candy for 10 for $1 10 pieces

Thanks, I think they don't want us to do homemade food as gifts because often people toss, but I think 5 below idea could work!! I can try to get "big" candy...not a tootsie roll for instance, too small. I know they always have the small york Peppermint patties, :yup: maybe I could put in 1 pack of Swiss Miss, and like 15-20 Peppermint Patties...:g_thumbri that'd be like approx $2.25 or less for each one...

I do little plastic tumblers full of goodies for my coworkers every year (Walgreens usually put theirs on sale for 8/$1 sometime before Christmas)... Walgreens usually put their individual candies on sale for cheap (the ones that are bigger that the kind that come in a bag but not full-sixed) as well as other cute little trinket things. And you can usually find the stretchy gloves for $1 a pair at Dollar General or Kmart, which would be nicer (IMO) than paper stuffed in the bottom if you can't find enough other stuff to fill them. I also watch all year for sales on chapstick and miniature lotions. Then last year, I got a big bunch of the mini-hand sanitizers from B&BW for cheap-- they were on clearance from summer & Halloween stuff, but not really seasonally themed!

Good luck, and I hope these (and the other great ideas before mine) help! :)

well they weren't that cheap...but I got them online, for I believe 3.99, got free shipping, Kohl's cash out of the deal...it worked for me. I have gotten these mugs before but had to go to a number of stores to get different kind (so all the people in one office would have a different design and know "their" mug) but online they had ALLLL The colors!

Tumblers, while usually less $, have no lid and one has to wrap them in cellophane and tie with bow, which adds to the cost and time making them...so it's a trade off there.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas! I really do appreciate my fellow-gottadealers I used the socks at bottom, 2 packets of swiss miss cocoa (kind of surrounds the mug on inside) and a variety of chocolate on sale from CVS.. so I didn't figure out exact cost to fill, but it's probably about 2.00 and adding the price of mug, a $6 dollar gift. :holiday08

I think the Kohl's travel mugs are nicely made, no handle can be a deal breaker for some, but I find owning many travel mugs in the past myself, that if the handle is in the wrong place it doesn't fit in some vehicles, so handle-less is a great option. If I got one I'd think it looked/and was worth more than 6 dollars :)