Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

My Holiday Shopping Issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 leefamily23  OFFLINE  

leefamily23

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 9:41 pm

So, I took dh shopping w/ me this past weekend and came home with a few stocking stuffers. Took him again today (we are both on "vacation" from work this week) and once again came home w/ only 1 stocking stuffer and 1 small gift. I told him I really wanted to concentrate on getting a lot of the shopping done this week because every year I am running around the week before Christmas trying to finish up and watching for the delivery trucks hoping my last minute items arrive on time. Anyhow, I realize it's not my lack of trying or having some money to spend....it's ME. I am constantly thinking I don't want to buy it yet because I can still get a better price if I wait a little longer. Though, I don't have anything to base that as a fact on.

#2 shopping4my3son  OFFLINE  

shopping4my3son

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 21, 2012 - 4:55 am

I've done the same thing. Which has also lead me to miss some deals in hopes for a better deal.
:cheese:

#3 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,035 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 21, 2012 - 6:06 am

?! I guess I'm the only person who buys then returns and re-purchases is necessary? I know not everyone has the luxury of, or likes using, CC's but I refuse to go out the week before Christmas for any gifts. If the prices is good then I'll get it.

#4 momlori  OFFLINE  

momlori

Reading in the mountains

• 2,076 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 21, 2012 - 11:30 am

?!

I guess I'm the only person who buys then returns and re-purchases is necessary? I know not everyone has the luxury of, or likes using, CC's but I refuse to go out the week before Christmas for any gifts. If the prices is good then I'll get it.

My DH calls me the return queen. If I am not sure if it is the best price and time is an issue, I buy and then return if I have to.

#5 purplegop  OFFLINE  

purplegop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 23, 2012 - 5:12 pm

?!

I guess I'm the only person who buys then returns and re-purchases is necessary? I know not everyone has the luxury of, or likes using, CC's but I refuse to go out the week before Christmas for any gifts. If the prices is good then I'll get it.

I do the exact same thing! In fact, last night I purchased two dslr bundles (the Nikon from Walmart and the canon from SAMs) and am trying to decide which one to keep and which one to return.

#6 Princess7915  OFFLINE  

Princess7915

• 1,018 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 2, 2012 - 6:11 pm

Well not for the same reason but it is Dec 2 and I have bought 1 gift. I have not even THOUGHT about what to buy anyone else on my list :( I'm sooo not into shopping and I am going to be in trouble fast if I don't get going. I just cannot make myself get into it. The more pressed for time I get, the less I want to think about it. There are years I've started shopping in June - I don't know what my malfunction is! :( Can someone shop for me??
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." - Anonymous

#7 purplegop  OFFLINE  

purplegop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Dec 2, 2012 - 7:17 pm

Can someone shop for me??

This would be my dream job! Heck, I would wrap them for you too...lol. ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users