Finding Thanksgiving Day Newspaper aka Black Friday Ads

totallyBF

This year will be my first year that i am getting the Thanksgiving Day paper delivered to my house which i'm kinda excited

about because in previous years before i haven't had much luck finding the paper at wee early hours in the morning!

Last year had to be the worse because i got into an argument with another customer at the local CVS over the last paper

that's when i decided that was enough and started the delivery service of the newspaper to my door step.

I enjoy seeing all the ads online before, but i still love having all the ads in hand finally!!!

Do you have any stories about finding the newspaper? if so please do share!! :yup:

and good luck!!

This year will be my first year that i am getting the Thanksgiving Day paper delivered to my house which i'm kinda excited

about because in previous years before i haven't had much luck finding the paper at wee early hours in the morning!

Last year had to be the worse because i got into an argument with another customer at the local CVS over the last paper

that's when i decided that was enough and started the delivery service of the newspaper to my door step.

I enjoy seeing all the ads online before, but i still love having all the ads in hand finally!!!

Do you have any stories about finding the newspaper? if so please do share!! :yup:

and good luck!!

I always get it delivered to my house, I love having that "hard" copy in hand :)

this just occurred to me...since sales start Thursday are they putting the ads in Wednesday's paper or Thursday's? any insider info out there?

I get free Sunday paper(some ads/coupons only) and think it started with free Turkey day delivery last year but they've missed our block the last 2 weeks so I'll probably be up at way too early both days this year.

this just occurred to me...since sales start Thursday are they putting the ads in Wednesday's paper or Thursday's? any insider info out there?

I get free Sunday paper(some ads/coupons only) and think it started with free Turkey day delivery last year but they've missed our block the last 2 weeks so I'll probably be up at way too early both days this year.

They put it in Thursday's paper.

so maybe like kmarts thanksgiving day sale is in wednesday paper? :g_think:

I haven't had a problem getting the paper Thanksgiving morning either at the corner "bodega" (convenience store) near me or in a pharmacy or store when traveling.

I always buy the paper to get the printed adds and put them in my car. In addition to My List printed from Gottadeal, I generally take the ad from each store into that store while shopping in case I want to see info in the ad or point out an item to an employee to ask where it is.

My parents will get the ads in their Wednesday paper since they live out in the country. I will usually get two more papers (different ones) at the gas station around 5am before I start getting ready to meet everyone at church. I've never had problems finding them but then again I'm usually there very early.

What kills me is I'm going to be out of my area for the first time in many a year on Thanksgiving morning. I am going to be hard-pressed to find a paper by the time I get back in town! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! :banghead: lol

Do you have a friend or neighbor who could pick one up for you or save you theirs?

Last year I couldn't sleep Wednesday night. I kept calling the gas station to see when they'd get it in. We live in the country & its a drive to get the paper, didn't want to keep driving there. They were entertained. Paper arrived at 3am. I got one right away. The year before, they were sold out when I went in @ 6:30.

Last year our family was flying to Nevada on Thanksgiving Day. Mom and I stopped at 5 gas stations on the way to the airport. None had received their papers yet. I had given up hope on getting a paper to read on the plane (I had already seen all the ads here on GottaDeal and I couldn't shop anyhow, but its still fun to look through the print ads). We got to the airport (small terminal) and there was ONE paper left in the paper box. I was destined to have it I guess. I was even nice and shared it with other passengers when I was done with it. It was amazing how many people don't look online ahead of time and that was the first time they were seeing the ads.

Do you have a friend or neighbor who could pick one up for you or save you theirs?

I wish, Hansie. I know none of my neighbors. lol Thankful I can look at the ads online - just really like having the actual hard copies in hand! I did get lucky in that a couple of stores put their BF ads in with the weekly ads I get in my mail. At least I have a couple of the "real things"! :tongue1: