Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Finding Thanksgiving Day Newspaper aka Black Friday Ads

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 totallyBF  OFFLINE  

totallyBF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 1:06 pm

This year will be my first year that i am getting the Thanksgiving Day paper delivered to my house which i'm kinda excited
about because in previous years before i haven't had much luck finding the paper at wee early hours in the morning!

Last year had to be the worse because i got into an argument with another customer at the local CVS over the last paper
that's when i decided that was enough and started the delivery service of the newspaper to my door step.

I enjoy seeing all the ads online before, but i still love having all the ads in hand finally!!!

Do you have any stories about finding the newspaper? if so please do share!! :yup:

and good luck!!
i wish everyday was black friday :g_laughin

#2 burgmules660  OFFLINE  

burgmules660

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 1:09 pm

This year will be my first year that i am getting the Thanksgiving Day paper delivered to my house which i'm kinda excited
about because in previous years before i haven't had much luck finding the paper at wee early hours in the morning!

Last year had to be the worse because i got into an argument with another customer at the local CVS over the last paper
that's when i decided that was enough and started the delivery service of the newspaper to my door step.

I enjoy seeing all the ads online before, but i still love having all the ads in hand finally!!!

Do you have any stories about finding the newspaper? if so please do share!! :yup:

and good luck!!

I always get it delivered to my house, I love having that "hard" copy in hand :)

#3 racerfan  OFFLINE  

racerfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,948 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 1:19 pm

I used to have it delivered but since last year I was not home on Thanksgiving morning I switched my paper delivery to weekends only thru the end of the year. I plan on getting the paper while camping out like I did last year. EARLY in the morning

#4 HansieDZ  OFFLINE  

HansieDZ

• 1,583 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 1:55 pm

I have had Weekend Only delivery for years but fortunately,that includes all major holidays too. It's cheaper to get 3 days of home delivery (Fri/Sat/Sun) than it is to pay for the Sunday paper at the store! Plus,I don't have to leave the house :)

"The years run too short and the days too fast."~Time Passages (Al Stewart)

#5 rjncmj  OFFLINE  

rjncmj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 2:15 pm

I've never had a problem finding a paper before 7am. This year should be even easier since I moved into an apartment close to all the stores and a convenience store right across the street.

Joanne - Registered Nurse & mom of 4.

:juggle: :gdsleep:  :gdlaugh: :gdgirlfight3ol:

#6 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,035 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 2:17 pm

this just occurred to me...since sales start Thursday are they putting the ads in Wednesday's paper or Thursday's? any insider info out there? I get free Sunday paper(some ads/coupons only) and think it started with free Turkey day delivery last year but they've missed our block the last 2 weeks so I'll probably be up at way too early both days this year.

#7 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,368 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 2:39 pm

this just occurred to me...since sales start Thursday are they putting the ads in Wednesday's paper or Thursday's? any insider info out there?

I get free Sunday paper(some ads/coupons only) and think it started with free Turkey day delivery last year but they've missed our block the last 2 weeks so I'll probably be up at way too early both days this year.

They put it in Thursday's paper.

GO BRUINS!

#8 totallyBF  OFFLINE  

totallyBF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 9:33 pm

this just occurred to me...since sales start Thursday are they putting the ads in Wednesday's paper or Thursday's? any insider info out there?

I get free Sunday paper(some ads/coupons only) and think it started with free Turkey day delivery last year but they've missed our block the last 2 weeks so I'll probably be up at way too early both days this year.

so maybe like kmarts thanksgiving day sale is in wednesday paper? :g_think:

#9 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,035 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 10:02 pm

not sure. father bought todays and says something about Thanksgiving shopper edition on Wed so guess no change.

#10 mcwalker  OFFLINE  

mcwalker

City Planner & Bargain Shopper!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 10:28 pm

I haven't had a problem getting the paper Thanksgiving morning either at the corner "bodega" (convenience store) near me or in a pharmacy or store when traveling. I always buy the paper to get the printed adds and put them in my car. In addition to My List printed from Gottadeal, I generally take the ad from each store into that store while shopping in case I want to see info in the ad or point out an item to an employee to ask where it is.

#11 catholicbride11  OFFLINE  

catholicbride11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 6:56 am

All the corner stores are always out, but Walgreens usually has them. Any place that doesn't have people coming in for coffee and/or breakfast items usually has them hanging

#12 zim05  OFFLINE  

zim05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 8:05 am

My parents will get the ads in their Wednesday paper since they live out in the country. I will usually get two more papers (different ones) at the gas station around 5am before I start getting ready to meet everyone at church. I've never had problems finding them but then again I'm usually there very early.

#13 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• 1,017 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 11:09 am

What kills me is I'm going to be out of my area for the first time in many a year on Thanksgiving morning. I am going to be hard-pressed to find a paper by the time I get back in town! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! :banghead: lol

#14 brianne  OFFLINE  

brianne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 11:43 am

I go to the gas station at 5am every thanksgiving.. Grab 2 papers just to make sure thy might of forgotten to put a ad in one of them. Drink my strong coffee and rush home to look at my ads while the whole house is sleeping :)

#15 pogiporkchop  OFFLINE  

pogiporkchop

• 1,607 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 3:16 pm

Last few years I've made a very long round trip to the city in which I'd be shopping to ensure I had ALL of the ads (and i always check a minimum of 3 papers). This year it's a mere three minute bike ride around the corner. :D

#16 HansieDZ  OFFLINE  

HansieDZ

• 1,583 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 3:38 pm

What kills me is I'm going to be out of my area for the first time in many a year on Thanksgiving morning. I am going to be hard-pressed to find a paper by the time I get back in town! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! :banghead: lol

Do you have a friend or neighbor who could pick one up for you or save you theirs?

"The years run too short and the days too fast."~Time Passages (Al Stewart)

#17 MidwestMama  OFFLINE  

MidwestMama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 8:54 pm

Last year I couldn't sleep Wednesday night. I kept calling the gas station to see when they'd get it in. We live in the country & its a drive to get the paper, didn't want to keep driving there. They were entertained. Paper arrived at 3am. I got one right away. The year before, they were sold out when I went in @ 6:30.

#18 kklracing  OFFLINE  

kklracing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 19, 2012 - 9:26 pm

Last year our family was flying to Nevada on Thanksgiving Day. Mom and I stopped at 5 gas stations on the way to the airport. None had received their papers yet. I had given up hope on getting a paper to read on the plane (I had already seen all the ads here on GottaDeal and I couldn't shop anyhow, but its still fun to look through the print ads). We got to the airport (small terminal) and there was ONE paper left in the paper box. I was destined to have it I guess. I was even nice and shared it with other passengers when I was done with it. It was amazing how many people don't look online ahead of time and that was the first time they were seeing the ads.

#19 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• 1,017 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 8:45 am

Do you have a friend or neighbor who could pick one up for you or save you theirs?

I wish, Hansie. I know none of my neighbors. lol Thankful I can look at the ads online - just really like having the actual hard copies in hand! I did get lucky in that a couple of stores put their BF ads in with the weekly ads I get in my mail. At least I have a couple of the "real things"! :tongue1:

#20 totallyBF  OFFLINE  

totallyBF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 5:19 pm

thats the worse!

#21 jade2002  OFFLINE  

jade2002

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 21, 2012 - 11:32 am

All of the ads are in todays paper.

#22 Lorinjer  OFFLINE  

Lorinjer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 21, 2012 - 5:47 pm

All of the ads are in todays paper.

Not ours.....there was two ads
Lori and her boys
:D

#23 Kash  ONLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 21, 2012 - 6:25 pm

I usually stop at 7/11 at 5am when I'm on my way to Kmart or Meijers

#24 BlackFriDiva  OFFLINE  

BlackFriDiva

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 21, 2012 - 8:44 pm

I'm gonna get up about 430 a.m and go pick mine up from a local convenient store then come get back in the bed. Need all the rest I can get!!

#25 burgmules660  OFFLINE  

burgmules660

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 21, 2012 - 9:31 pm

I'm gonna get up about 430 a.m and go pick mine up from a local convenient store then come get back in the bed. Need all the rest I can get!!

You didn't get your ads in today's paper???

#26 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,035 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 22, 2012 - 12:20 am

SCORE!!! I walked outside after placing bestbuy bluray order and checking amazon stuff on sale and found my free ads waiting for me :)

#27 lcplwinkerswife  OFFLINE  

lcplwinkerswife

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 22, 2012 - 2:16 am

Got my paper at 415 this morning they had just dropped them off so no worries for me will enjoy looking through them during our 2 hr drive to my grandparents
Let the Shopping Begin!!!:holiday01

#28 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,035 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 22, 2012 - 2:18 am

I'm turning laptop off to try and look through ads even though I already know whats in there. Then I can finish off what I need/want to pick up. I think I only really need to head to CVS, Walgreens and either Home Depot or Walmart for poinsettia's and wreath.

#29 totallyBF  OFFLINE  

totallyBF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 22, 2012 - 5:21 am

Black friday is here everyone!!!! Yay!!!! [ATTACH]7070[/ATTACH]

#30 jewleyp  OFFLINE  

jewleyp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 22, 2012 - 8:41 am

You didn't get your ads in today's paper???

Visiting family and their paper only had about 6 ads and not great ones! Very sad :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users