caution on CC's syntax olevia 26" lcd tv

ultravorx

hey guys, just a heads up on this tv. the specs are wrong, which could impact some people.

CC's web site states the contrast ratio is 1200:1, but actually it is 750:1. the correct response time is also 12ms, not 8ms.

the specs cc has listed are for their 32" version.

just a heads up!

frank

Guest innatthepark
Go to the syntax website for specifications. Contrast = 1600:1, Response = 8ms. Initial writeup has contrast at 1200:1 but clicking on specs shows otherwise and matches the quicky text next to the TV pic.

Go to the syntax website for specifications. Contrast = 1600:1, Response = 8ms. Initial writeup has contrast at 1200:1 but clicking on specs shows otherwise and matches the quicky text next to the TV pic.

Can we explain what this is for the complete idiot (ie: ME) What does all this mean. I really want this TV...is it not a good idea?

Guest innatthepark
I know that I will plan to. And if the scanned ad from on here is correct then one should be able to buy it either on the phone or on the web for store pickup. Nice little red bar underlining those TVs. Web site at present shows buy in store only with an out-of-stock in my area. Still time to change considering the ad shows that price to be good on Fri and Sa.

the contrast ratio is basically the brightness, how bright it'll be in a room. While the response time is basically a refresh rate. Cheaper lcd tv's will become grainy or pixellated (images turning blocky) so the lower the reponse time, the less, if none of the graininess or pixelation.

Frank