$10 off a Kindle Powerfast Charger orig $19.99 @ Amazon.com

racerfan

For those who bought the new Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD Use code PFKINDLE at checkout to save $10 of charger

Amazon Kindle PowerFast for Accelerated Charging (not included with device, for use with the new Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD models) Reg $19.99 get for $9.99

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31DNwvAtHhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_310980_26825790_pe_ecg/?ASIN=B006GWO5WK#productPromotions

If you have cell phones, you don't need this. Over on the kindle forums, we advise people not to waste your money on these over priced chargers. Your cell phone chargers work just fine or the cable that comes with it chargers it just fine also. You can buy an adapter for .99 . I bought one myself for 2.50 that had a double port on it. It is overpriced just because it has kindle printed on it. I have 9 cell chargers in the house that all work fine, we just use them.

My son told me it's a federal regulation. I don't know if that's true, but after our last cellphone ugrade we had 9 total in the house. The kindle chargers had a defect and if you go on the forum, there is one thread that goes back 2 years, with over 2000 posts now, of their coating crumbling off the kindle chargers. Kindle was giving 20.00 credits, and the stupid people were just buying a new one. We were all telling them not to do that. Take that 20.00 and buy a cheap 5.00 one and use the other 15.00 on books or something. The new one is just going to crumble too.

If you use a cell phone charger, make sure your find one that does 8 volts rated at equal to or greater than 1800ma to get accelerated charging like the Amazon powerfast. The stock 5v power supply takes four hours to charge an Amazon Kindle Fire while the Powersave cuts time down by an hour. I don't have a cell phone power supply that meets the powerfast's specifications at home, and don't want to purchase a knock off on Ebay, so I felt that the powerfast is a good deal since I get free shipping with prime.