Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Worst Black Friday Deals? Please Post Them ASAP!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 deanabrown  OFFLINE  

deanabrown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 3:45 pm

Dreamlites for regular price at $29.99

#32 mtzard  OFFLINE  

mtzard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 4:43 pm

I agree the JCPenney ad is very disappointing.

#33 kmaynor  OFFLINE  

kmaynor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 5:17 pm

Meijer has Monster High sweet 1600 dolls for $17.00 when they were already on clearance by Walmart 6 months ago. Normal price is $19.99 and these came out last black friday! They also, have a my little pony that you save $2.00 woo hoo for sure worth the fight for!

They also, now make slow cookers in animal prints um yeah I must be missing the point of this will leopard print make my rump roast purrrrrr?:woot2:

#34 HansieDZ  OFFLINE  

HansieDZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 5:23 pm

Meijer has Monster High sweet 1600 dolls for $17.00 when they were already on clearance by Walmart 6 months ago. Normal price is $19.99 and these came out last black friday! They also, have a my little pony that you save $2.00 woo hoo for sure worth the fight for!

They also, now make slow cookers in animal prints um yeah I must be missing the point of this will leopard print make my rump roast purrrrrr?:woot2:

I don't know but $9.99 isn't a bad price for a 3 qt slow cooker and it would be a great deal for someone who likes animal prints!

"The years run too short and the days too fast."~Time Passages (Al Stewart)

#35 theboyzmom  OFFLINE  

theboyzmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 5:30 pm

1. The entire JCP ad 2. ANYTHING where the 'deal' comes from a rebate 3. Genie bra...or ANY bra, underware, and sock deal...not BF items IMO 4. Mini appliances that go for $3-$5 and are basically junk that works better as speed bumps during the BF rush than actual appliances

#36 marathonshopper  OFFLINE  

marathonshopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 5:57 pm

In my case (because I live in Oklahoma) the worst black friday deals for me are at Walmart.... I say this because once I compared the prices for most other states and Oklahoma it made me very aggravated to say the least!! Some examples of the price differences: on the front cover *Laptop - OK $349.00 other states $279.00 *60" Vizio - OK $976.00 other $688.00 *Blu-Ray player - OK $48.00 other $38 *ipad 2 - same price (So it must not be a bargain!!! lol!!!) *Inside the flyer * a Compaq laptop - OK $309.00 other $179.00 *sheet sets - OK $34.00 other $19.96 * other things like toys and clothes seem to be anywhere from .50 to a couple of bucks higher in OK * Video games that are $25.00 elsewhere, in Oklahoma they will be $39.00. There are very few items that are the same price as other states. Mostly it's the electronics that are priced insanely different.

#37 Cinnamonhuskies  OFFLINE  

Cinnamonhuskies

• 2,424 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 6:03 pm

Dollar general LG500 Tracfone on sale $15......it's $10 right now from tracfone's website.

In memory of Cinnamon 1998-2010 and Myka 2001-2015

Dog mom to Remington

#38 HansieDZ  OFFLINE  

HansieDZ

• 1,583 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 14, 2012 - 6:16 pm

1. The entire JCP ad
2. ANYTHING where the 'deal' comes from a rebate
3. Genie bra...or ANY bra, underware, and sock deal...not BF items IMO
4. Mini appliances that go for $3-$5 and are basically junk that works better as speed bumps during the BF rush than actual appliances

Offering a different perspective:
1.JCP ad: those $8 appliances,for example, are pretty nice. Some of the boot deals are good.
2.Rebates in and of themselves are not so bad. Depending how much you are willing to turn in the receipts/forms,you can have a great deal with these but I am one who fills out the rebates for maximum profits.
3.I LOVE my Genie Bras! I got them off the website last year and they have been my most comfy bras ever (once I got them on)! I am currently wearing the one from WM which will be for $6 on BF and it is a little different but still acceptable. Once I get this bra on,I never have to worry about the rest of the day-I really love mine!
4. I know it's hit or miss on some of these but I got one of the $3 cheapies from WM probably 5 years ago and it works each and every time! It is a mini-food chopper and I honestly use it maybe 5 times a year but it serves the purpose.

"The years run too short and the days too fast."~Time Passages (Al Stewart)

#39 Chewbybell  OFFLINE  

Chewbybell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 15, 2012 - 12:10 am

In my case (because I live in Oklahoma) the worst black friday deals for me are at Walmart.... I say this because once I compared the prices for most other states and Oklahoma it made me very aggravated to say the least!! Some examples of the price differences: on the front cover *Laptop - OK $349.00 other states $279.00 *60" Vizio - OK $976.00 other $688.00 *Blu-Ray player - OK $48.00 other $38 *ipad 2 - same price (So it must not be a bargain!!! lol!!!) *Inside the flyer * a Compaq laptop - OK $309.00 other $179.00 *sheet sets - OK $34.00 other $19.96 * other things like toys and clothes seem to be anywhere from .50 to a couple of bucks higher in OK * Video games that are $25.00 elsewhere, in Oklahoma they will be $39.00. There are very few items that are the same price as other states. Mostly it's the electronics that are priced insanely different.

I totally agree with this! And that tv on the front cover, if you look at the ad for the other states, the "original" price is $20 higher than what it is on sale for in Oklahoma, yea, I am going to wait in line for hours for $20 off a $1000 purchase :no:

#40 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• 1,966 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 15, 2012 - 12:45 am

Not that too many people can shop there, but my DW and myself find the Navy NEX ad disappointing. We are thinking about not even standing in line, because they have nothing to make us want to bust down their doors. Last year they had some good deals, but this year...meh.
~Don't get cancelled!
~Quickly Robin!! To the Batmobile... for savings! :usaribbon:usflag:

'It's not a lie, if you believe it':tongue1:

#41 purplefenix  OFFLINE  

purplefenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 15, 2012 - 6:58 am

Target "Doorbuster" for the wireless XBox controller for $39. It's currently $36 at Amazon and probably will drop lower since I think Walmart also has it on BF sale.

#42 Dylansmommy  OFFLINE  

Dylansmommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 15, 2012 - 7:24 am

I didn't scan all the ads - only the stores I regularly hit on BF. I have to say that the ads were definitely a disappointment this year. I believe they were last year as well...maybe this is a trend???

#43 connieh  OFFLINE  

connieh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 15, 2012 - 7:22 pm

So who was graced with the t-shirt?

#44 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

President, Black Friday Vacationers

• 1,946 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 15, 2012 - 9:29 pm

The worst has to be the Button incentive at JCP. Replacing a time honored tradition of Disney snow-globes with buttons has the potential to be the biggest letdown of the year!

#45 faceofboe  OFFLINE  

faceofboe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Nov 15, 2012 - 9:53 pm

I'm just sick of all the BOGO 1/2 off deals. Rarely, if ever do I need 2 of something. No way am I going to buy double just so that I can get one of them on sale. Just put the actual item on sale!

#46 txgurl  OFFLINE  

txgurl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 16, 2012 - 6:57 am

I thought it was pretty funny Walmart had sparkle lanyards, in their sale ad. Who sees that and thinks to themselves, "I have to get up at 5 in the morning to get those sparkle lanyards!"

#47 messymommy  OFFLINE  

messymommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 7:13 am

I bought that popcorn cart from Kohl's last year and got it even cheaper than the advertised price with my discount/coupon from the mail and then counting the Kohl's cash. Unfortunately, it didn't make "movie theatre" tasting popcorn no matter what trick we did and it was so small we would run it 4 times to get enough for 4 people to snack on while watching a movie. Pain in the bottom was all that thing was so I returned it mid January and got kitchen stuff with my gift check which I took instead of the credit back on my Kohl's card so I wouldn't have blown my whole deal I was proud of. It's a waste of money though...for sure :(

#48 maguszxz  OFFLINE  

maguszxz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 11:19 am

I believe JcP is a big letdown. Also Belks (if you live in the south) having coupons and then have stuff marked "Coupon Excluded" really chaps my hide

#49 Nurse4cure  OFFLINE  

Nurse4cure

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 6:32 pm

Victoria's Secret, FREE bag with a $65 purchase! I think I'll camp out!:tired:

#50 1whodatdare  OFFLINE  

1whodatdare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 8:50 pm

How 'bout the places with the Special Kindle Fire HD price of 199. I think that is HH Gregg and Radio Shack. Yeah, um... normal price is Black Friday?

#51 rjncmj  OFFLINE  

rjncmj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 10:13 pm

How 'bout the places with the Special Kindle Fire HD price of 199. I think that is HH Gregg and Radio Shack. Yeah, um... normal price is Black Friday?

The Radio Shack deal comes with $30 back in coupons. Not sure what coupons means though.

Joanne - Registered Nurse & mom of 4.

:juggle: :gdsleep:  :gdlaugh: :gdgirlfight3ol:

#52 bigjimslade  OFFLINE  

bigjimslade

• 4,338 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 17, 2012 - 11:37 pm

Thanks everyone for posting and giving your thoughts. The reporter went in another direction but we really appreciate your help and thoughts! You are the best. Closing......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users