Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

There is an item that Walmart sells for $20 more than its competitor and I'm thinking about buying it now. But I wanted to know if Walmart would price match it to give me the $20 back if I bring the ad in on Black Friday.

Trying to avoid the hassle of going to KMART since I'd only be going for the one item.

There is an item that Walmart sells for $20 more than its competitor and I'm thinking about buying it now. But I wanted to know if Walmart would price match it to give me the $20 back if I bring the ad in on Black Friday.

Trying to avoid the hassle of going to KMART since I'd only be going for the one item.

No they don't do price adjustments on previously purchased items you would have to go in Friday with the ad to price match

MESSAGE FOR shadow1p06:

I want to say thanks for all the great info that you are giving. Do you know if they are going to be tickets for the Nabi's? What time should I arrive at Walmart to make sure I get one of them? I usually get there a hour before hand. Thanks again for all the info.

MESSAGE FOR shadow1p06:

I want to say thanks for all the great info that you are giving. Do you know if they are going to be tickets for the Nabi's? What time should I arrive at Walmart to make sure I get one of them? I usually get there a hour before hand. Thanks again for all the info.

those will most likley be a pallet Item no tickets handed out

From my past experience with my 24 hour Walmart, it really pays for you to shop with someone else. Our WM opened the pallets early and people were allowed to put things in their carts, but could not check out until the sale started. I took DD with me last year. She kept my place in line for the Xbox system while I went around and shopped for other things that were already out on the floor that were not ticketed items.

The staff was instructed not to stop anyone from opening pallets early as they did not want any confrontations with customers or any rush to open pallets like it had been in years prior. The registers did not ring up any doorbuster items at the discounted price until the time of the sale started.

MESSAGE FOR shadow1p06:

I am going to be upgrading my son's phone for Christmas and am thinking about the deal with the Samsung Captivate Glide which offers the $100 gift card. Do you know if that gift card is given to you immediately in store so that it can be used?

MESSAGE FOR shadow1p06:

I am going to be upgrading my son's phone for Christmas and am thinking about the deal with the Samsung Captivate Glide which offers the $100 gift card. Do you know if that gift card is given to you immediately in store so that it can be used?

Yes, when the item is scanned, you get the gift card immediately but you have to use it on a next purchase, ie you couldn't get the card and then apply it to the item you are purchasing (I don't mean to imply that you didn't know that but just an FYI for those that may not realize :)).

This may be my first year every to shop at Walmart on BF. I have my eye on the Nabi 2, Skylanders starter pack and the bikes. Plus some other Wii games if I can get a hold of them. I hope they post the map soon so I can figure out what I want and where to go. I am still hoping Amazon will PM and save me from trying to get something in the electronics section. ;)

Im sure they will have a limited number of the 50" emerson. Hard to say how many. Tvs are always a ticket item. You find the line for this one and wait. The tvs will be passed out at 5a. They know how many tvs they have and only let that many ppl in line. Im hoping midnight will be ok to get in line. Id like some things from the earlier sales.

A couple of year ago, they gave us wristbands at the 12am sale to come back anytime before 6am to pick up electronics that went on sale at 5am. I hope they do that again. It seems really inefficient to wait in line for 4 hours during the rest of the sale.

A couple of year ago, they gave us wristbands at the 12am sale to come back anytime before 6am to pick up electronics that went on sale at 5am. I hope they do that again. It seems really inefficient to wait in line for 4 hours during the rest of the sale.

wow .. you were lucky. my store didn't do that - they made you come back and stand in line again.

Sad thing i was serious when i posted that.I dont own one but really want to.I cant stand wires.lmao.all my friends crack up when i say i want one.Tired of spending $40 plus bucks to keep my girls up.They r tired.They really wanna droop in style.lol

I'm right there with you. I've been wanting to try one but haven't wanted to order online. When I woke up in the middle of the night last weekend and couldn't get back to sleep I turned on the TV and it was their infomercial....at 3 in the morning those are powerful commercials and if I wouldn't have had to climb over my DH to reach the phone I would have ordered one right then! This is definitely on this years BF list!

Sad thing i was serious when i posted that.I dont own one but really want to.I cant stand wires.lmao.all my friends crack up when i say i want one.Tired of spending $40 plus bucks to keep my girls up.They r tired.They really wanna droop in style.lol

lol,I am serious too!

I originally ordered mine from the website (Genie Bra) last year and LOVE them!

I got the one from WM and it's not exactly the same as the one from the website but pretty close and I'm totally happy with it.

Don't know how big your "Chickies" are (I'm a 40C) so I get XL and my girls are comfy.

I will droop to my navel before I am cut to death by an underwire :tongue1:

I sent an email to Walmart about the price differences in OK and they said they don't have any information on the prices but that they were subject to change. I checked the K-Mart add on their website for the Tulsa Stores as well as the Best Buy ads for OK and they matched exactly to what is posted. So I bet Walmart will switch to the lower prices or they will be severely undercut by competitors in regards to electronics.

Check your local store via Walmart.com for maps. I'm going out on a limb here and saying (if the stores are actually following what Home Office direction is) that there is lines for the Nabi's. However, please check Walmart.com and it will direct you to a map of where the items will be placed. Each store in the company had to submit item locations a few months ago and where they would be in the stores come Black Friday.

WM will price match another B&M store (as long as it is considered to be a local competitor) but WM doesn't price match online ads. However, as I said, it never hurts to ask! Good luck!

SOOOOO.....are y'all sitting down? Walmart cashiers were just instructed to price match Walmart.com pricing and other online competitor pricing starting BF, as long as the customer has a copy of the ad from the website, or has the ad displayed via their smartphone from a mobile site. This is awesome news!!!!

TY! This is what my assistant manager was telling me today. I had no idea WM offered that service. It is my understanding that this service is good for anything; bikes, furniture, electronics, etc, is that correct?

I believe it's only electronics as the company handling the service deals with electronic warranties...

I'm just gathering opinions here, but does it appear that Target gave up this year on trying to compete with Walmart? They're opening an hour later than WM, and their BF deals area all about $50 more than WM on average for similar items...

Also, is this not one of the better WM ads to come out in awhile? Great stuff.

SOOOOO.....are y'all sitting down? Walmart cashiers were just instructed to price match Walmart.com pricing and other online competitor pricing starting BF, as long as the customer has a copy of the ad from the website, or has the ad displayed via their smartphone from a mobile site. This is awesome news!!!!

This is wonderful news!!! I can't wait because the online prices are sometimes cheaper than the store and never understood why they wouldn't match the price.

This is wonderful news!!! I can't wait because the online prices are sometimes cheaper than the store and never understood why they wouldn't match the price.

That was the press release or news that came out a few weeks ago.Seems companies are changing more and more.

I'm just gathering opinions here, but does it appear that Target gave up this year on trying to compete with Walmart? They're opening an hour later than WM, and their BF deals area all about $50 more than WM on average for similar items...

Regarding your Target question, I just read something on this site a week or two ago, where Target came right out and said they would not be doing the deep BF discounting of years past...pretty sure it was an article that had been posted from elsewhere...and IMO, they certainly lived up to that! Fine with me, one less place to try and get to...

And for your other question, this is the first time in many years that I am considering WM to be my first stop! ;)

Yes, it appears that the boys from France are sitting out this one. There are a number of smaller items to lure in customers throughout the day. This fits in perfectly with their business model from some years back, where they roll out merchandise throughout the day, so you may find pallets still full at 5PM like back in the day.

Good thing there is going to be a cashier meeting before BF b/c no one said a word today :/ Also, when you say BF, do you mean Friday, or will it apply to the 8pm and 10pm sales Thursday??

Also, thank you for the clarification on the delivery information!

Good thing there is going to be a cashier meeting before BF b/c no one said a word today :/ Also, when you say BF, do you mean Friday, or will it apply to the 8pm and 10pm sales Thursday??

Also, thank you for the clarification on the delivery information!

You're welcome. I'll have to clarify the online matching, but someone was talking when that was displayed on our broadcast. What I did see were the bullet points that said, "Will match Walmart.com", then someone distracted me and I am certain I heard them say they were going to match other online competitors (I'm wondering if this means online pricing of Best Buy, Target, Kmart, Sears which are traditional brick and mortar competitors), and it would start BF (or shall we now call it Black Thursday)?