Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

What do YOU want for Christmas this year?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 angelic680  OFFLINE  

angelic680

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 9, 2012 - 4:39 pm

Its a grant base on how much you make....

#32 bugsette  OFFLINE  

bugsette

• 5,598 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2012 - 8:14 pm

I think I asked this last year.... never got done the office painted

#33 Deal Grabber  OFFLINE  

Deal Grabber

• 1,839 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 9, 2012 - 8:47 pm

I wish my Mom could have her brother back even if just for one more year.
Ohhh another day another deal!!!

#34 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,329 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2012 - 10:17 pm

I would like a Micro 4/3 camera and kit, but that won't happen, so maybe just some ferrero rochers

The Sony NEX has been on sale.

GO BRUINS!

#35 Scanner420  OFFLINE  

Scanner420

GD's Resident Carolina Panther's Fan!!!!

• 1,748 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 10, 2012 - 3:51 pm

sneakers and a wallet. I've been asking for these for two years now.

This Space for Rent! 
:beer:

#36 princess01  OFFLINE  

princess01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 11, 2012 - 6:59 pm

i could use a new laptop, but i want a pair of ugg slippers and a michael kors watch. everything i want is well over our normal 'spending limit' though. lol

#37 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• 1,160 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 9:31 am

My husband and I dont usually trade gifts. About 5 years ago we started taking the money we normally spend on each other and buy gifts for kids from the giving tree at our church. I would rather put a smile on a childs face as there is not much we really need. However, right now I do want a new "mother" necklace. He bought me one for mothers day a few years ago with all of the kids birthstones. However, the necklace is tangled and it is now missing the last baby's birthstone so I want a new one. I will probably end up buying it myself. I also want a new coach purse. My mom knows that so her and my brother will probably both get me gifts cards for the coach store and I will pay the difference.

#38 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,518 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 9:35 am

I asked for a gift certificate to get my car detailed, an engine guard for my Harley & new Bose earbuds but I'm not holding my breath.

#39 pogiporkchop  OFFLINE  

pogiporkchop

• 1,607 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 9:50 am

In light of recent events I would like to retract my posting and replace it with the following: I want a job .

#40 Princess7915  OFFLINE  

Princess7915

• 1,018 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 2:42 pm

I look around at a few (fortunately) people I know, and read posts on here and on my Face book and see how people need or want things they desperately need like jobs or they ask for the ability to afford even a few gifts for their kids or to help their nieces and nephews to have a "good" holiday. I am humbled by you all. For now, at least, -and thankfully- my husband and I are in good fortune. I am very thankful to have the ability to say that I am not in need or of want of anything. Not to be smug or trivial in the least. I think so many of us take this for granted. I think we ask for ipads and purses and we forget that we are so very lucky that we have the ABILITY to ask and receive these things. That our wish lists for the holiday or any day for that matter does not include a safe home, security for our children, knowing where the money for next months electric bill to keep the heat going will come from. I just wanted to take a moment to say I am so grateful right now, personally for what I have. I wish those of you a better New Year that are in need of one. I have been in rougher places and know that things change for any of us in a heartbeat. May all your holidays, however they are celebrated, be as joyful as possible. Let all of us take a moment to be honestly grateful for what we have and be compassionate for those who are truly in need.
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." - Anonymous

#41 dullestbear  OFFLINE  

dullestbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 6:39 pm

a kindle fire and a new kathy van zeeland got the fire early from dad and ordered the purse today :) :D

#42 allshoppedout  OFFLINE  

allshoppedout

I Luv Country Music

• 3,263 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 18, 2012 - 7:03 pm

You worded this so beautifully and I wish for you the same that wish for me/the people on this site. I too, feel very thankful this year, although it has been a rough year, with all kinds of obstacles, it could be way worse than others have had. Have a lovely holiday Princess7915.

I look around at a few (fortunately) people I know, and read posts on here and on my Face book and see how people need or want things they desperately need like jobs or they ask for the ability to afford even a few gifts for their kids or to help their nieces and nephews to have a "good" holiday. I am humbled by you all.

For now, at least, -and thankfully- my husband and I are in good fortune. I am very thankful to have the ability to say that I am not in need or of want of anything. Not to be smug or trivial in the least. I think so many of us take this for granted. I think we ask for ipads and purses and we forget that we are so very lucky that we have the ABILITY to ask and receive these things. That our wish lists for the holiday or any day for that matter does not include a safe home, security for our children, knowing where the money for next months electric bill to keep the heat going will come from.

I just wanted to take a moment to say I am so grateful right now, personally for what I have. I wish those of you a better New Year that are in need of one. I have been in rougher places and know that things change for any of us in a heartbeat.

May all your holidays, however they are celebrated, be as joyful as possible. Let all of us take a moment to be honestly grateful for what we have and be compassionate for those who are truly in need.

:gdlove6:

KEITH URBAN 8-13-09 PGH :hearthrob 5-9-09 S.C., PA

- :gdlove6: -THANK Goodness for GOTTADEAL! :yup:

#43 seaver41  OFFLINE  

seaver41

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 3:23 pm

All I want for christmas is being able to pay the mortgage every month. Luckily my wife and the two girls don't ask for the next big thing. The other year the oldest wanted an iPod. So I said which one the newest one, she no any MP3 player will do ill buy white ear buds so people think its an iPod I'm listening too.

#44 floridasun5  OFFLINE  

floridasun5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 3:30 pm

All I want for christmas is being able to pay the mortgage every month. Luckily my wife and the two girls don't ask for the next big thing. The other year the oldest wanted an iPod. So I said which one the newest one, she no any MP3 player will do ill buy white ear buds so people think its an iPod I'm listening too.

Wow, what a sweet kid. :angel1:

I am grateful for anything that anyone gets me, but I bought myself an iPad mini to open on Christmas day with my dd's and my bf's iPad and some clothes. Other than that, if anyone else asks like bf, parents, etc. the only other things I would like to have would be a pair of silk pajamas and a pair of diamond solitaire earrings.

#45 seaver41  OFFLINE  

seaver41

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Nov 20, 2012 - 5:04 pm

Wow, what a sweet kid. :angel1:

I am grateful for anything that anyone gets me, but I bought myself an iPad mini to open on Christmas day with my dd's and my bf's iPad and some clothes. Other than that, if anyone else asks like bf, parents, etc. the only other things I would like to have would be a pair of silk pajamas and a pair of diamond solitaire earrings.

Thank you. They take after their mom. Lol

#46 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,152 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 4:31 pm

DD18 asked for my list this morning. 1. ET on Blu Ray 2. A hockey season 3. World peace

#47 bugsette  OFFLINE  

bugsette

• 5,598 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 26, 2012 - 7:09 pm

to win that big power ball lottery and share with everyone

#48 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,035 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 8:02 am

now that'd be nice....I bought 2 tickets on Sunday after I'd found out it rolled over again since I was complaining about forgetting to play for Sat :P

#49 mgmckny  OFFLINE  

mgmckny

• 2,837 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 27, 2012 - 8:36 am

Yes please!! :)
“Next to a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho :yup:

#50 momof3luvs1  OFFLINE  

momof3luvs1

• 1,101 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 8:05 am

I need to revise my list and say I bought myself quite a few things on bf...I NEVER shop for myself but I found so many great deals so I guess I wanted a lot more then I thought...lol
BF ADDICT AND PROUD OF IT :D

#51 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 3,250 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 8:33 am

You know I think the only thing we bought for ourselves this year was 2 movies, 1 X DVD - A Christmas Story 2 and 1 X Blu-Ray The Big Bang Theory Season 5, paid $3.99 for the DVD and $16 for the Blu-Ray lol,

#52 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 11:49 am

I echo Princess7915's sentiments... I'll just say this from my heart in addition to her wonderful comments: After reading the posts in here, my most earnest wish for Christmas is that those who are seeking jobs would find them and that those who are struggling to even make ends meet, let alone buy any Christmas gifts, would be blessed in unexpected and amazing ways. Above all, I hope that each family is overflowing with love, no matter the situation. I ,too, am blessed with a good job, but I have several friends near and dear to me who are not so lucky right now. I cannot completely relate, but I can definitely feel the pain. It wrenches my heart daily. Stay strong.

#53 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 3,446 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 8:40 pm

But mostly I hope somehow Beorn chooses and manages to come out for a visit. It has been six months since I've seen him... :cry2:

He's coming!!!

#54 biomajor  OFFLINE  

biomajor

Michelle

• 6,332 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 8:45 pm

He's coming!!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!

#55 biomajor  OFFLINE  

biomajor

Michelle

• 6,332 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 29, 2012 - 8:50 pm

The Sony NEX has been on sale.

I will probably buy either a Panasonic or A Nikon for myself, later, but my family won't buy it for me. I do love ferrero rocher though...and the raffaelos too.

#56 mgmckny  OFFLINE  

mgmckny

• 2,837 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 1:33 am

He's coming!!!

Yay! Have a great time!!
“Next to a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho :yup:

#57 tokanm  OFFLINE  

tokanm

Mary-Ellen

• 5,101 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 2:49 am

Yes I am very happy for you Pam. Enjoy his visit! :fluffy:

#58 Deal Grabber  OFFLINE  

Deal Grabber

• 1,839 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 30, 2012 - 11:26 pm

I look around at a few (fortunately) people I know, and read posts on here and on my Face book and see how people need or want things they desperately need like jobs or they ask for the ability to afford even a few gifts for their kids or to help their nieces and nephews to have a "good" holiday. I am humbled by you all.

For now, at least, -and thankfully- my husband and I are in good fortune. I am very thankful to have the ability to say that I am not in need or of want of anything. Not to be smug or trivial in the least. I think so many of us take this for granted. I think we ask for ipads and purses and we forget that we are so very lucky that we have the ABILITY to ask and receive these things. That our wish lists for the holiday or any day for that matter does not include a safe home, security for our children, knowing where the money for next months electric bill to keep the heat going will come from.

I just wanted to take a moment to say I am so grateful right now, personally for what I have. I wish those of you a better New Year that are in need of one. I have been in rougher places and know that things change for any of us in a heartbeat.

May all your holidays, however they are celebrated, be as joyful as possible. Let all of us take a moment to be honestly grateful for what we have and be compassionate for those who are truly in need.

Just when i thought i had everything, need to add tissues to the list.I agree princess.im thankful my DH has a job and i have two very smart happy healthy children.Ive learned as the years have past its nt whats under the tree, but the memories we've made while putting it up.
Ohhh another day another deal!!!

#59 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,035 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 1, 2012 - 4:16 am

He's coming!!!

That's great news. It's always especially nice to see the people that we love around the holidays. May you both enjoy your time together :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users