Price Adjustmemts

robynelyse

Not sure who knows this but I have done this for the past four years with no problem. I take the ad scan for Black Friday and purchase everything I want the week of Black Friday then I take my receipt and walk in Black Friday weekend and get price adjusted for everything on sale and get back the difference.

Target policy allows it so its not cheating if they allow this.

BUT however not every store follows their rules, you can however if they refuse threaten to call corporate or take with you a response you got from the corporate office stating it is allowed

I don't think it is cheating and if it saves me standing in line for hours at one store and getting trampled then I will keep doing it every year. Not sure if I was last year but I went and got 3 of those 200 dollar LCD TVs, 600 thread count sheet sets, etc and walked in after the chaos in late afternoon on Black Friday and was refunded the difference for everything at customer service. No line, took two minutes.

I've done this. The stuff I usually get at Target isn't crucial enough to me to put it near the top of my shopping list. If I couldn't get the items in advance & price adjust, I just wouldn't get them. On occasion some of their items aren't available in advance (especially some DVDs)

I thought all the ads for the most part said "price match didnt apply to BF items". A lot if times they are special purchase items and would only be on the floor for BF. Would be great if that worked for those of us that do our homework! Must depend on store and service person you get that day.

We used to do this too, and it was never a problem until 2 years ago. We had done it at that same exact store the year before, but they wouldn't do it. So we had to run around the store and re-buy everything at the 'doorbuster' prices and then return all of it with our original receipts from a few days prior. It was a pain in the @ss and really threw a wrench into our schedule, but we still got the better price... didn't even bother trying it last year though.

I've done this in the past too but I am wondering if it is going to work this year with their new Holiday Price Matching Policy. Right in that it says that "Price matches for prices offered Nov. 22–24 by Target, Target.com or a competitor are excluded."

After seeing the ad, I now need to find out if I need to return something to buy it again on BF or if they will adjust the price for me.

just be able to afford at original price if you're purchasing. I'm currently starting a credit card dispute and have already filed a complaint with consumer services against target over maybe $25 because they are refusing to return items which were not signed in store (or listed on my receipt) as non returnable. All any of their CS seems capable of doing is repeating that the item is not eligible for return. The manager on duty went so far as to tell me there were signs up 3 days prior to original purchase therefore I'm SOL.

Target policy allows it so its not cheating if they allow this.

BUT however not every store follows their rules, you can however if they refuse threaten to call corporate or take with you a response you got from the corporate office stating it is allowed

Have you done this in the largo or Clearwater target? That seems interesting approach

Like me get this right i can go into target buy 2 tvs for 300 a piece i go on black Friday see they are lower 150 a piece take them back with me they return me 300 dollars back?

All you need to take back with you is the receipt. The trick with some of the big ticket items and doorbusters is that they won't put them out on the floor until after the store closes on Wednesday. For stuff that is regularly stocked, it shouldn't be a problem.

just be able to afford at original price if you're purchasing. I'm currently starting a credit card dispute and have already filed a complaint with consumer services against target over maybe $25 because they are refusing to return items which were not signed in store (or listed on my receipt) as non returnable. All any of their CS seems capable of doing is repeating that the item is not eligible for return. The manager on duty went so far as to tell me there were signs up 3 days prior to original purchase therefore I'm SOL.

Wow that's crazy. I've never heard of anything in Target that was unable to be returned if it was within the 90 days. Was it Halloween stuff?

i asked my local store today about adjustments for bf. the girl was clueless, but the guy acted like they wouldn't do it for bf, but wasn't extremely convincing me. lol still waiting to hear back from corporate though...

Once you have your response, print it out and have it with you on BF.

Once you have your response, print it out and have it with you on BF.

Yes, I did that one year and didn't need it, but then the next year they wouldn't honor it and I hadn't gotten an email because I didn't think I'd need one considering the year before. Was I sadly mistaken :( I hope they email me back soon!

Wow that's crazy. I've never heard of anything in Target that was unable to be returned if it was within the 90 days. Was it Halloween stuff?

Yes it is, apparently they changed the policy sometime in August (took me a call to target CC to dispute charges to find that out) and the fact that it's not posted or signed anywhere including my receipt doesn't make a blind bit of difference to them.

I may just be done with them as that is totally unacceptable to me.

So, here's a little snippet from my email that I just received from Target Guest Services:

"Target will not offer price adjustments for items advertised November 22 through 24."

I don't know if all stores will practice it. I have a feeling from when I asked at the store, that they will be following the no price adjustment policy for bf weekend.

hmmm, like to hear Brad's opinion on this:

So, here's a little snippet from my email that I just received from Target Guest Services:

"Target will not offer price adjustments for items advertised November 22 through 24."

I don't know if all stores will practice it. I have a feeling from when I asked at the store, that they will be following the no price adjustment policy for bf weekend.

If true, What a bunch of stinkers! I wasn't that excited about their ad anyway, so this may just keep me out of the store completely.......

As shocking as it is to read this I can't say that I'm surprised at Target for finally doing this. I think they really want to force people to choose which store to go to. Their ad is not that exciting so it will be interesting to see how this plays out for them.

That makes me sad as the only thing I wanted @ Target was the Nikon camera & i had planned to PA it if i could. it isn't worth my time to wait in line for hours for 1 item. Still hoping it will be online, otherwise I'll just get a different camera somewhere else.

Target, if you're reading this, you lost a customer on & before BF!

Wow, I am getting nervous about my usual Wednesday shopping trip because I cannot find the "price adjustment" policy online. Is it gone? If you see it, post a link. I know if I ask in the store, they will discourage me from doing it. An employee gave me a funny look today when I showed him the BF ad on my phone and he told me that those prices were unreliable. Whatever. So I know they are told to discourage BF shopping before BF. But I really want to do it as I had in the years in the past but I am scared when I can't find the old policy posted online!

Wow, I am getting nervous about my usual Wednesday shopping trip because I cannot find the "price adjustment" policy online. Is it gone? If you see it, post a link. I know if I ask in the store, they will discourage me from doing it. An employee gave me a funny look today when I showed him the BF ad on my phone and he told me that those prices were unreliable. Whatever. So I know they are told to discourage BF shopping before BF. But I really want to do it as I had in the years in the past but I am scared when I can't find the old policy posted online!

Hopefully this is what you are looking for: HERE