Free skylanders case with Wham Shell figure in toy book question

jakesmommy403

Question: it says it's free with any Skylanders purchase of $100 or more. Do you think that includes the megablocks sets and plushes? I've already bought the game, 3 giants, and 3 figures, but I would be willing to buy some of the other stuff to add to Christmas to get the wham shell case thingy for my son. Plan B would be buying the game again at TRU along with some figures and returning the game I already have to GameStop, but I would rather not. what do you think? Is the $100 in Skylanders stuff including anything with that brand? Thanks for your help.

Love your member picture by the way...

I would think it would include any Skylander stuff......I just bought a bunch of the figures last week when they had the buy one get one 40% off. Even that was a great deal! I have to many other things to get on Black Friday that I went ahead and took my chances on making the purchase so that I knew I at least got the figures my son wanted! Hoping gamestop has a deal coming too! It's a lot closer to my central shopping point!

Good luck!:gdnum1:

I just checked on the TRU website and it looks like you can get the case free with the plush items, but not with the Mega Bloks items. Too bad, because my son wants the big Skylanders Castle set!! I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask in the store.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from TRU and asked about the Skylanders purchase of $100 or more and the cashier told me that the Mega Bloks items are not included in this deal. :(

I just put this on layaway and at checkout one of the employees even made sure I got the free case plus used a coupon for a $10 gift card.

How old are your kids? Our bambam is 6. Is Skylanders too much for him?

My son got the original Skylanders game when he was 6 and loves it! It takes a little getting used to all the characters and their special abilities, but I think it would be just fine for your 6 year old. We are getting him the new Giants game this year for Christmas.

I agree with you that 6 is a good age for Skylanders....my son is 11 and we thought he would grow out of it...but no such luck! Now buying the larger giants too! I need a BIG BIG case! Lol

yep agree here also. We got the original skylanders last year for DS6 & we now have the giants too. DS11 loves skylanders too & they play together all the time. We need a small suitcase for the giants :)