Deals on smartphones on Black Friday

maderemark

So, since I just renewed my sprint contract in Feb, I probably can't get the $50 SIII? We are looking to add our oldest daughter to our plan so she will leave my phone alone. I have an HTC Evo 3D that hasn't worked right in about 3 months (even though it's not even a year old) and I would love to get this one for me, too! LOL!

So, since I just renewed my sprint contract in Feb, I probably can't get the $50 SIII? We are looking to add our oldest daughter to our plan so she will leave my phone alone. I have an HTC Evo 3D that hasn't worked right in about 3 months (even though it's not even a year old) and I would love to get this one for me, too! LOL!

It's for upgrades and new activations only. If you just signed a two year contract in Feb you can't get a new phone with upgrade pricing until like Dec 2013. You can add a line and get this phone with the new activation pricing but you won't be able to get it in your line. Or you can get this phone on a new line then switch yours and the new line so your daughter would have your EVO and you could have the GIII. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

It's for upgrades and new activations only. If you just signed a two year contract in Feb you can't get a new phone with upgrade pricing until like Dec 2013. You can add a line and get this phone with the new activation pricing but you won't be able to get it in your line. Or you can get this phone on a new line then switch yours and the new line so your daughter would have your EVO and you could have the GIII. Lol

Thanks :) That's what I figured!! I've thought about getting her the iPhone, and then switching phones, but then my husband pouts because he doesn't get a phone, LOL!

I just returned from Sam's, and have verification from the store employee who called the regional tech manager(in charge of 12 stores in WI) and the answer is...

ALL FOUR major carriers are in on the 96¢ Galaxy S III on Black Friday @ Sam's.

BUT, there is more!!

IF you have (or upgrade to a PLUS membership BEFORE November 18), there is a special one night only by invitation event with Black Friday prices.

samsclub.com/VIP

I have been told that there will be Galaxy S III for all carriers @ 96¢ that Sunday evening from 8-10PM :D

I just returned from Sam's, and have verification from the store employee who called the regional tech manager(in charge of 12 stores in WI) and the answer is...

BUT, there is more!!

IF you have (or upgrade to a PLUS membership BEFORE November 18), there is a special one night only by invitation event with Black Friday prices.

samsclub.com/VIP

I have been told that there will be Galaxy S III for all carriers @ 96¢ that Sunday evening from 8-10PM :D

Aww man I'm not Plus. :P

BUT, there is more!!

samsclub.com/VIP

Thanks for the info!!! When Costco opened up near us a couple years ago we kept our Sam's membership the first year but didn't renew as we found we liked Costco better and stopped shopping at Sam's (even though Sam's is in our town only about 2 miles from our house and Costco is 1 town over). I think this just might get me into Sam's Club's doors to activate our membership again. We've been out of contract for almost a year and have 3 phones to upgrade. Looks like this might be the best deal.

Aww man I'm not Plus. :P

Neither was I, but I upgraded to the plus tonight...cost me $31.xx including tax for 5 or so months (my renewal isn't due until April). IF for some reason I got lied to, I will drop that plus in an instant. BTW, the plus is a big ripoff...not a deal at all when they charge $60 to save some money. Sam's has quite a few weekends where they give everyone the plus evalues without needing the upgrade. I never need to get in early, so the plus doesn't help me much.

Another note, a friend tried to upgrade his business membership which is up on December 3...he was told no because he is in a 45 day window...he would need to renew his annual membership in order to do it.

For whoever asked about the Galaxy S III on T-Mobile all Samsung 4G phones (including the GSIII) are free this Friday and Saturday. I hope you get this in time. :)

I just want the iPhone 4(I still have the 3), will there be any black Friday deals on that phone?

I am not eligible for an upgrade with Sprint until Jan 1st. I called and asked about what it would take to be able to upgrade early. The guy said that I could pay $50 to upgrade before my eligibility date. He said you could only do that at a Sprint store, so the S3 would cost about $100. I am thinking about doing that, but will double check and make sure I wasn't given wrong info from Sprint.

New Windows Phones are coming out today (I know, I probably have the only family on Earth excited about that...). We went to look at them last night, and the guy at T-Mobile said he thought they would be doing something for most smartphones on BF. He mentioned B1G1, then said like last year. I looked at last year's stuff, and saw no B1G1. Sooo... Not sure about that.

We have 3 to get for Christmas, and dh wants his now. 2 are eligible for upgrade, 2 1st week in December. I'm trying to talk him into waiting just a few more days to see what the BF deal will be, wish me luck that he doesn't just go get it today...

I am not eligible for an upgrade with Sprint until Jan 1st. I called and asked about what it would take to be able to upgrade early. The guy said that I could pay $50 to upgrade before my eligibility date. He said you could only do that at a Sprint store' date=' so the S3 would cost about $100. I am thinking about doing that, but will double check and make sure I wasn't given wrong info from Sprint.[/quote']

Wow I didn't think they did that anymore. Be prepared for them not to honor what that one guy said. I bet they will tell you they don't do that. Good luck.

Wow I didn't think they did that anymore. Be prepared for them not to honor what that one guy said. I bet they will tell you they don't do that. Good luck.

I know. I'm definitely not getting my hopes up. I think I'll swing by the Sprint store sometime in the next few days and see what they have to say.

and then there are those of us stuck with us cellular.....price for living in Deliverance I guess....

We have US Cellular but the reception here is so terrible we are switching to Verizon. We have the S3 and I hate to have to buy new ones to switch companies. I'm waiting for BF in case there is a good data deal.

Just got an invite for the VIP Black Friday at SAMs! Guess its for Plus and Business memberships. Woo hoo!!! :)

Just renewed my Sam's Club yesterday to get the VIP invite - Had to get the Business Plus as just the business membership alone doesn't qualify for the invite. They write your membership number on the invite and said it would be checked against your membership card to get in that night.

Just renewed my Sam's Club yesterday to get the VIP invite - Had to get the Business Plus as just the business membership alone doesn't qualify for the invite. They write your membership number on the invite and said it would be checked against your membership card to get in that night.

This is the email I got.

My friend that works at SAMs is going to ask for the details tomorrow.

Edited by Jen8112

I know. I'm definitely not getting my hopes up. I think I'll swing by the Sprint store sometime in the next few days and see what they have to say.

My friend called Sprint today and they told her she could upgrade now for an extra $50 too. You may be in luck! ;)