Help protest Office Depot

Guest bennettg

I read this on another BF site...

CEASE AND DESIST

Re: Unauthorized Publication and Receipt of Misappropriated Proprietary and Confidential Information from Office Depot, Inc. (“Office Depot”)

To Whom It May Concern:

It has come to our attention that you are currently infringing Office Depot’s trademark and have published misappropriated trade secrets and other confidential and proprietary information belonging to Office Depot on the website www.**********. Such publication violates federal trademark law based on its unauthorized and improper use of the Office Depot® trademark (U.S. Trademark Registration Nos. 1449065 and 1939705).

In addition to federal trademark violations, you are currently in violation of Florida statutory and common law based on its publication of Office Depot’s trade secrets and confidential and proprietary information without Office Depot’s authorization and in derogation of its rights.

Office Depot hereby demands that you remove any and all trademarks of Office Depot along with existing advertising referencing Office Depot immediately. Should you fail to comply with this directive by the close of business today, November 18, 2005, Office Depot is prepare to enforce its rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the filing of legal proceedings seeking injunctive and compensatory relief, punitive and/or treble damages and attorneys’ fees, together with any other available remedies.

This demand is made without prejudice to all rights and remedies, legal and equitable, Office Depot may have, all of which are expressly reserved.

Sincerely,

Jill A. Cook

Sr. Litigation Attorney

T: 561.438.3773; F: 561.438.5075

We also received a cease & desist from OD, so the scans are temporarily down. They will be back next week (likely Tuesday or Wednesday), but for now we are taking them down. Any items you added to your shopping lists will still be saved.

Guest bennettg

She sounds like a B^TCH. Likely she'll be all alone for the holidays!

If anyone downloaded a pdf of the scan, please PM me. I need it desperately

BRAD,

IS THERE ANY WAY TO OFFSHORE THE SITE FOR NEXT YEAR TO AVOID THE LONG ARM OF JILL-LIKE TYPES?

No, we won't go that far unless there are many more stores that do it.

I'd urge everyone to either shop elsewhere on BF, or if you do go to OD, only buy the loss-leaders that they lose money on :gd_orange

Guest bennettg

ALL: NEW IDEA

BRAD/ROSS ANYONE:

CAN WE DRAW UP LANGUAGE FOR A FORM LETTER TO OFFICE DEPOT SAYING THAT THEY HAVE LOST EACH OF OUR BUSINESS AND THAT WE WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN? EACH ONE OF US COULD PRINT IT OUT AND SEND IT TO OUR LOCAL STORE OR TO HQ.

MAYBE THAT WILL HAVE THEM THINK NEXT TIME. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS

I think it's stupid, I saw some things in the ad that I wanted at the store, mind you that Office Depot is not a store I would have planned to visit if I hadn't seen the ad. I think they are cutting themselves off from the public that they need! I agree with Dragon, I may not go now. I'm sure the other stores know about the site and they are not bitching, I bet the read all the hype it generates about their store!!

Here is the corporate address for Office Depot. I bet if you search you can get the number for their corporate office. Why pick on the attorney? She is just following someone's instructions. Tell the corporate geeks what you think.

Office Depot

CONTACT US

Corporate Address:

Office Depot Corporate Support Center

2200 Old Germantown Road

Delray Beach, FL 33445

I won't be spending my money with them this holiday and nor will my brother.

I saw a thing or two in the ad that I was going to pick up, but I most likely won't go now. Doesn't seem like they really want our business!!! But here's a thought for Ross and Brad...it just says remove their trademark...can you just black out everywhere it says "OFFICE DEPOT" and leave the ad up? I would think that they can't do anything about that!!

Here is the corporate address for Office Depot. I bet if you search you can get the number for their corporate office. Why pick on the attorney? She is just following someone's instructions. Tell the corporate geeks what you think.

Office Depot

CONTACT US

Corporate Address:

Office Depot Corporate Support Center

2200 Old Germantown Road

Delray Beach, FL 33445

I won't be spending my money with them this holiday and nor will my brother.

LMAO

I live about 2 miles from this place!!!

Well crap! No BB, office max, or staples around here. The only "office" store we have is office depot. I did get the scans dowloaded but alot of good they're gonna do me now since I will NOT be going there. Why did they have to go and be such idiots about this? This is free advertising for them!:mad: