Official Black Friday DESKTOP Discussion Thread

tinkrbel

I think it would be decent, but for really good OpenGL (which is what Minecraft uses to draw the screens), you'd want to add a discreet video card. With this system, you can do that since there is an available PCIe slot. If you are looking for a turnkey solution, one of the trinity boxes would run Minecraft better.

Is there a computer you've seen for around $400 that would be a better solution? Or can we get the staples computer and at a later date add the video card? Although that's a whole nother confusing thing for me to understand!

Or might you suggest a trinity box (?) just to get it done and over with? And if so which one looks good??

Computer stuff makes my head hurt, and my husband is just as clueless on it, ugh! Not a good combo when we need a new one, and I don't really trust the store people.

Is there a computer you've seen for around $400 that would be a better solution? Or can we get the staples computer and at a later date add the video card? Although that's a whole nother confusing thing for me to understand!

Or might you suggest a trinity box (?) just to get it done and over with? And if so which one looks good??

Computer stuff makes my head hurt, and my husband is just as clueless on it, ugh! Not a good combo when we need a new one, and I don't really trust the store people.

#1 (with today only $100 off instore coupon) http://weeklyad.staples.com/Staples/BrowseByPage?storeid=2279030&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=Staples-121118&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N $379.99

#2 Staples - HP Desktop PC w/ AMD A8 APU, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD (P6-2378) $399.99

For $100 more, this is nice: Office Max - HP Pavilion Desktop Next Gen AMD A10-5700 Quad-Core, 8GB RAM, 1.5TB HDD (p7-1439) $499.99

Edited by len_mullen

Ok, so was reading online about the Desktop deals and someone mentioned the coupon that we got today for $100, well guess what, that is off anything regular priced at $449 or above, so even if something is on sale now, it can be used if the org price was more than $449 so I bought the

HP Pavilion p6-2326s Desktop PC which is $349.99 in store and used my coupon $100 to get it for $249.99 plus I bought a monitor they had on sale for $119 (Dell 21.5" LED) and used the 25% off coupon that was in the same email as the $100 (it is not suppose to work on monitors but he scanned it and it took 25% off) so I got a desktop 4GB, 1TB HD with 21.5" monitor for $339....The computer I wanted on Friday was the P6-2376 one that was the 6gb, 1TB so I need to add alittle more memory but that isn't much....It works on Laptops, he said there was one that ended up $199 after the coupon