Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Who's (secretely!) listening to Christmas music already?!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 thorpedo1015  OFFLINE  

thorpedo1015

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 20, 2012 - 4:50 pm

I have been tempted. I keep checking Sirius/XM's website to see when they will start.

#32 StacieM99  OFFLINE  

StacieM99

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 21, 2012 - 10:15 am

My job includes cleaning a restaurant, so while vacuuming, i've been listening to christmas music on pandora! Amy Grant holiday music. Of course pandora picks all christmas not just Amy Grant. I'm alone at work so know one has to know! Lol

#33 hillbillyswife  OFFLINE  

hillbillyswife

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 21, 2012 - 12:34 pm

Black friday is my first day for Christmas music but after that it is the only thing we listen too

#34 HansieDZ  OFFLINE  

HansieDZ

• 1,583 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 22, 2012 - 4:31 pm

My favorite "head's up!": Music Choice Sounds of the Season starts Christmas music on Friday, November 2 this year. This will literally be on my tv pretty much 24 hours a day until Jan.6,2013!

"The years run too short and the days too fast."~Time Passages (Al Stewart)

#35 lesomom  OFFLINE  

lesomom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 22, 2012 - 6:49 pm

My favorite "head's up!":
Music Choice Sounds of the Season starts Christmas music on Friday, November 2 this year.
This will literally be on my tv pretty much 24 hours a day until Jan.6,2013!

Thank you for letting us know.. I'm counting down the days!!

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

#36 naenae248  OFFLINE  

naenae248

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 27, 2012 - 6:11 am

I listened to an old Kohl's Christmas CD in my car the other day! Hearing it just puts me in a great mood and relaxes me. :fluffy:

#37 faceofboe  OFFLINE  

faceofboe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Oct 27, 2012 - 11:37 am

I just discovered Pandora earlier this year and it hadn't occurred to me that it will be a great Christmas music resource! I usually listen to North pole radio but it rarely plays my favorites. I may have to try it out on the sly since my husband refuses to have anything Christmas related in the house prior to Thanksgiving. Although I guess the exception to that rule is the movie Elf. My daughter watches that year round.

#38 HansieDZ  OFFLINE  

HansieDZ

• 1,583 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 27, 2012 - 1:45 pm

Well I'm out all in the open now and don't care who hears it! Even Hub (who would like to put up Xmas decorations on Dec.23 and take them down on Dec.26) was singing along! Cooler weather sure helps getting in the spirit. Now,I just can't wait until Fri. Nov. 2 for Music Choice Sounds of the Season. :holiday10

#39 pinkchrome  OFFLINE  

pinkchrome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 27, 2012 - 5:45 pm

I have been! My 5 year old daughter loves it because she said she will finally know all of the words to 'Santa Claus is Coming To Town' this year. :)

#40 chelsae  OFFLINE  

chelsae

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 29, 2012 - 10:32 pm

Guilty.... :)

#41 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• 1,966 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 30, 2012 - 12:37 am

We will probably start this week, maybe later, but definatley by BF. After we watch 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown' all bets are off. It sets the mood for the fall season. We love Vince Guaraldi's music in the Peanuts specials and once we hear it, we relate it to the other specials which reminds us of Christmas music; and then it starts, lol.
~Don't get cancelled!
~Quickly Robin!! To the Batmobile... for savings! :usaribbon:usflag:

'It's not a lie, if you believe it':tongue1:

#42 bluebear  ONLINE  

bluebear

• 2,163 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 30, 2012 - 4:23 am

I don't listen to music. But, my son's sign language group starting practicing Christmas music last week, and I'm sure tonight will be almost all Christmas music practice, so now I have it in my head and will be singing (and signing!) it.

#43 lcplwinkerswife  OFFLINE  

lcplwinkerswife

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 30, 2012 - 7:08 pm

So It has gotten really cold over the past few days here and it has put me in a big Christmassy mood my daughter gets it from me you can ask anyone in my family I'm very big on Christmas
Let the Shopping Begin!!!:holiday01

#44 chrisjuvers  OFFLINE  

chrisjuvers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 31, 2012 - 6:18 am

Monster Mash was hot this morning on the radio. I kept switching stations & it seemed like it was on all of them. For now it will just be my Christmas Wow cd from last year that I put into itunes & listening on the ipod.

#45 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• 1,966 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 31, 2012 - 8:26 am

Monster Mash was hot this morning on the radio. I kept switching stations & it seemed like it was on all of them. For now it will just be my Christmas Wow cd from last year that I put into itunes & listening on the ipod.

Which Christmas Wow is it? There are three of them you know ;). One was last year, the two prior were closer to 2006-08. All great CDs.
~Don't get cancelled!
~Quickly Robin!! To the Batmobile... for savings! :usaribbon:usflag:

'It's not a lie, if you believe it':tongue1:

#46 shopping4my3son  OFFLINE  

shopping4my3son

• 3,354 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 1, 2012 - 3:43 am

One of the radio stations here started Christmas music today. The news station posted about it on Facebook asking if people thought it was to early. They had an option to listen online. I listened for about 30 seconds and that's all I could take. lol
:cheese:

#47 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,152 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 1, 2012 - 4:43 am

Our station that does holiday music started playing it online today. I think they normally switch right before Thanksgiving. I wish they would keep playing until the 12 days of Christmas are actually over - you know in January. Here they stop playing it on 12/26 - which I think is too early!

#48 lcplwinkerswife  OFFLINE  

lcplwinkerswife

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 1, 2012 - 5:51 am

They played Christmas music all day on a local christian radio station yesterday but they are back to normal today

#49 lcplwinkerswife  OFFLINE  

lcplwinkerswife

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 1, 2012 - 5:55 am

Our station that does holiday music started playing it online today. I think they normally switch right before Thanksgiving. I wish they would keep playing until the 12 days of Christmas are actually over - you know in January. Here they stop playing it on 12/26 - which I think is too early!

Which station?

#50 hopeky94  OFFLINE  

hopeky94

Long-time member/lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 1, 2012 - 6:40 am

Our station that plays Christmas music has been switching over earlier every year-- and I just saw on Facebook that they started today! :D I normally only listen to Christian music (KLOVE) and probably still will of the mornings, but I know where my radio will be tuned for the drive home starting this afternoon! :holiday16

I wish they would keep playing until the 12 days of Christmas are actually over - you know in January. Here they stop playing it on 12/26 - which I think is too early!

I completely agree with you on this! I know there have been a couple times where our family wasn't able to all get together until a day or two after Christmas (and I'm sure other folks go thru the same thing)... It's just like, they start earlier and earlier every year trying to get people in the Christmas "mood," but then as soon as 11:59pm on December 25th is over-- so sorry, Cinderella's fairy godmother has snapped her fingers and it's all over! :(

(So, can you tell I LOVE the Christmas season?! LOL)

#51 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,152 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 1, 2012 - 6:48 am

Which station?

http://www.wralfm.com/

click on the link that says "listen to Christmas music" or "listen live" and you will find their online stream.

#52 jakesmommy403  OFFLINE  

jakesmommy403

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 2, 2012 - 12:59 pm

The Sounds of the Seasons channel on our cable ( for us it's ch 433 comcast) started its Christmas music today!!! I was listening to it while cleaning earlier. I'm ready to wrap some gifts! ;)

#53 HansieDZ  OFFLINE  

HansieDZ

• 1,583 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 2, 2012 - 4:28 pm

The Sounds of the Seasons channel on our cable ( for us it's ch 433 comcast) started its Christmas music today!!! I was listening to it while cleaning earlier. I'm ready to wrap some gifts! ;)

I know!
I woke up at 3 and thought, "Whoo hoo! I can listen to Christmas music on the tv!"
I don't know if I am the only one but I also "watch" the screen too-stupid, I know but I like some of the pictures and
read the Did U Know notes.

#54 Gator Pam  ONLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 3,594 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 2, 2012 - 8:14 pm

As part of the tickets I got for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra winter tour (first year they're doing The Lost Chr-stmas Eve, or so I heard), I was entitled to a free download of their new 5 song EP: Dreams of Butterflies (on a Chr-stmas Night) when it was released. I received the email on the 29th of last month, but only now had time to download and listen to it.

Now I'm really psyched for the show.

#55 jakesmommy403  OFFLINE  

jakesmommy403

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 3, 2012 - 4:57 am

I know!
I woke up at 3 and thought, "Whoo hoo! I can listen to Christmas music on the tv!"
I don't know if I am the only one but I also "watch" the screen too-stupid, I know but I like some of the pictures and

I watch the screen too! I live the little tidbits of info and the pretty pictures. Christmas music is my absolute favorite.

#56 allshoppedout  OFFLINE  

allshoppedout

I Luv Country Music

• 3,263 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 3, 2012 - 7:10 am

I know!

I find myself doing that sometimes, LOL
Anyone a Rod Steward Fan? He has his FIRST Xmas CD out and it is 9.99 from Amazon, I want it very SOON, hard to wait, but I'd have to find other stuff to buy if I want free shipping... anyone think it'd be like 7.99, or 5.99 deal on Amazon BF week? I think I can wait until then, especially since I don't want to buy other junk I don't need at this time.. OPINIONS?
:gdlove6:

KEITH URBAN 8-13-09 PGH :hearthrob 5-9-09 S.C., PA

- :gdlove6: -THANK Goodness for GOTTADEAL! :yup:

#57 2chia  OFFLINE  

2chia

• 1,180 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 3, 2012 - 4:25 pm

Speaking of the Christmas music. Who is the singer that you weren't expecting with a Xmas album but it did and you BOUGHT it. 1. Cyndi Lauper . Took a chance and I would say it is a great album. 2. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Not sure why I got it or why I haven't gotten rid of it. Some of the songs in there gets on nerve. 3. Sixpence None the Richer. A good album .

#58 b_parks  OFFLINE  

b_parks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 4, 2012 - 2:59 am

I turned my radio to our local stations that play Christmas music yesterday but they haven't started yet. =( Sometimes they will play Christmas music on the weekends in November until the week of Thanksgiving.

#59 f1rstclass  OFFLINE  

f1rstclass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 5, 2012 - 1:32 pm

For those who have Sirius / XM, your wait may be over soon. Looks like a couple will be launching on November 13th.

http://www.siriusxm.com/holiday

Ok, you may have to manual type the address in to see the launch dates.

#60 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• 1,061 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 8, 2012 - 7:08 am

i actually started just yesterday. we all love christmas music here.. though i think the storm and all the snow put us in the mood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users